Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   Restaurant near Little Italy (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/7409-restaurant-near-little-italy.html)

ShaunH 20-05-2011 21:59

Restaurant near Little Italy

Hi. We were first timers to PP last year, loved the place and are returning in a couple of weeks. Whilst here last year, because there was so much choice, we never got a chance to go to a particular restaurant that we thought looked very nice. It was on Pine walk just along from Little Italy, it's a small place with a large tree overhanging the small outdoor terrace of a handful of tables. It appeared to only be open in the evening. It reminded us a little of a greek taverna.

Can anyone help us with the name of the restaurant, opinions and whether it's still there.

Thanks in advance.

Belladonna 20-05-2011 22:24

Come on someone - its driving me mad! I can see it, I can see the owner in the wheelchair, I can see the cat and the tree - but I CANT see the name!!:eek:

sws97sdg 20-05-2011 22:26

I'm useless with names but yes it was still there at Easter

ShaunH 20-05-2011 22:34

So it's not just us when it comes to names:).

Has anyone eaten here? Recommend/not? It certainly looks nice.

Thanks

favie 20-05-2011 22:37

Think it might be this one: I haven't eaten there but Son & Wife loved it!

http://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/...a-del-mar.html

pips 20-05-2011 22:39

Have been past many times never eaten here, it's called La Balada Del Agua Del Mar,there is a post from last year about it so no senior moment just looked it up, would like to try it this year.

Belladonna 20-05-2011 22:40

You just beat me to it!! Found the picture link on one of Sea Captains old posts. :

la balada | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

LOL! You wait for ages... then 3 come along at once!!

PeRu 21-05-2011 00:05

I think ShaunH means Pescadores. That was close to Little Italy.

PeRu

CliffB 21-05-2011 00:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShaunH (Post 58829)
Hi. We were first timers to PP last year, loved the place and are returning in a couple of weeks. Whilst here last year, because there was so much choice, we never got a chance to go to a particular restaurant that we thought looked very nice. It was on Pine walk just along from Little Italy, it's a small place with a large tree overhanging the small outdoor terrace of a handful of tables. It appeared to only be open in the evening. It reminded us a little of a greek taverna.

Can anyone help us with the name of the restaurant, opinions and whether it's still there.

Thanks in advance.

It was still there last summer and I expect it is still there now,great location to eat just off the beach,everybody bangs their head on the tree! My wife loves eating there but I always find the food a bit basic.

CliffB 21-05-2011 00:35

I believe Pescadors closed last year.They were selling all the stock off last October.

sws97sdg 21-05-2011 07:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by CliffB (Post 58846)
I believe Pescadors closed last year.They were selling all the stock off last October.

Yes closed last year, almost new apartments now

sws97sdg 21-05-2011 07:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by CliffB (Post 58845)
It was still there last summer and I expect it is still there now,great location to eat just off the beach,everybody bangs their head on the tree! My wife loves eating there but I always find the food a bit basic.

As I said had opened for the season in April, looked busy as usual

slipalong & lola 21-05-2011 08:13

restaurant

We have eaten there many times over the past 10 years and although the menue is limited we have always had a really nice experience there. When we first used to go the owner was not in a wheelchair Where does the time go. As for the cat it must be at least 100 yrs old. Roll on 12 June lets go :):):) Slipalong & Lola.