Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   Sparrow (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/740-sparrow.html)

star81 25-07-2007 20:09

Sparrow

Hi,
Just back from 10 days in PP.

While there discovered that the Sparrow is back open again and its the original owners who are running it again (they had taken a couple of years off and leased it to a guy from Glasgow).

Am happy to say there are producing good food like they used to and would highly recommend it. The courtyrad area you sit in is nice and peaceful.

We had:

2 Starters: Both the homemade chicken croquettes

Mains: Homemade spinach and ricotta ravioli with napoli sauce

Rump steak with peppercorn sauce and those lovely potatoes they do.

Bottle of Vino Sol, bottle of Sparkling water and 2 coffees for 43 euros !!

Will definitely be back in September.

Tony Roan 25-07-2007 21:51

sparrow

Sounds good to me. Where's the Sparrow? I'm off to PP this Saturday.
Tony

frito 25-07-2007 23:00

Sparrow

It's great that Lorenzo (and his mum) are back, but he is still short of staff!
He was let-down by a new cook, so Mum is back in the kitchen and his sister and his girlfriend are helping out at weekends.

The food is back to the usual standard. I had the gammon last week. It really was good and is great value for money.

Location? It's down the road opposite the Pollensa Park Hotel on the left hand side.

How he's going to manage if we all go at the same time, I don't know.

Cheers!

Frito

jiggggy 26-07-2007 00:23

We ate at Sparrow 2 years ago, when Alan (i think that was his name) the Glaswegian had it. i must say it is a lovely place to eat, especially in the courtyard at the back.

Portofan 26-07-2007 01:20

This is great news!

Lorenzo and his sister are lovely people, never had the pleasure of meeting mum.

What a great oasis it is out the back there, far from the madding crowds.

Makes me want to go tonight! >D

But I'll get there soon I hope!:D

Porto:D

portrobin 26-07-2007 02:59

Must agree about Sparrows back to its best.Nice food and good atmosphere.Was there two weeks ago.
Every thing on the menu was not available on the night(but still plenty to choose from)

star81 26-07-2007 03:19

I think he has literally only opened back up in the last 3 or 4 weeks so probably didn't have everything at the start but that's the great thing about the Sparrow you can always find something else of the menu !

To find it Tony go up towards the Pollensa Park hotel and opposite is the Panorama Beach hotel, on the road at the back of the Panorama is the Sparrow (think sign says Sparrow & El Gorrio).

Glad others have been back and enjoyed it too.

Star.

Timberman 26-07-2007 04:15

This is good news that it's back to it's best. We only have to open our bedroom window and they can pass the Rioja over the fence. We are that close.

Timberman

The Wob 26-07-2007 05:36

I went in on my own quite late on Monday and was made to feel very welcome considering the time! Excellent food and decent wine in a huge glass.

btw Timberman, We might be neighbours as I am in Los Pomelos and the Sparrow backs onto our car park.

The Wob