Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2011, 23:56

Default Whitsun Half Term Week

Just returned from another fantastic (if a little damp) week in PP with the Baroness and Baronette.

Day 1: Lunch at Laguna. Met up with some friends and enjoyed a super poolside lunch. Pepperoni Pizza for me, omelette with salad for the Baroness and the obligatory BBQ chicken wings for the Baronette. Can't remember how much as we all chipped in together - but my pizza was the most expensive thing we ordered at about €7 - so nothing too expensive. Superb food as well - as good if not better than any other pizza I've had in the Port.

Day 2: Dinner at Naciente. Lovely garden setting and one of our 'must do's' when in PP. Delicious Pork fillet steaks in pepper sauce for the Baronette and I, whilst the Baroness enjoyed a huge fresh tuna steak with salad - with a portion of their wonderful skinny chips with garlic to share. With a couple of rounds of drinks the bill was €66. Finished off the evening with a couple of drinks and a giggle with Raffa in Batucada next door.

Days 3& 4: Ate in the apartment.

Day 5: The Baronette had a sleepover with her friend at her parents apartment, so we went in search of a curry. Certainly weren't disappointed with the offering at Mirch Masala. Popadoms with the usual relishes were followed by onion bhajis to start. Main course was Chicken Tikka Jalfrezi for me and Chicken Balti for the Baroness. Absolutely superb! Really nice, friendly service as well. With half a bottle of wine and a couple of beers the bill came to €38. Superb value.

Day 6: Attended the opening night of ‘Miguelon’. Located a couple of doors along from Simbad. It’s run by Miguel Ayerra, formerly of the Bonanca bar and Batucada. Those of you who know him will agree he’s a seriously larger than life character (in every way!). A thoroughly enjoyable evening was had by all. I had a Beef Sirloin in pepper sauce, served with huge, chunky cut, steak chips and a selection of vegetables, which was out of this world. The Baroness had a grilled sole, which she said was great and the young Baronette had… You’ve guessed it – Chicken Wings! I’d like to tell you how much the bill was, but unfortunately I can’t, owing to the fact that (a) We were with a big group and split the bill and (b) I was far too hammered to remember!

Day 7: Quick Tapas lunch back at Laguna, before hitting the road for the airport. Squid rings , chicken wings, pizzas, salads and veggies all put in the middle, a couple of rounds of drinks for seven of us (4 adults & 3 Kids) came to about €75.

Roll on August…. Looking forward to it already!

Last edited by Baron de Lay; 05-06-2011 at 00:01.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-06-2011, 15:45

new thread instead

Last edited by smg; 05-06-2011 at 16:03. Reason: started new thead instead
Old 06-06-2011, 08:38

Glad you enjoyed your week Baron....inspite of the dampness!
Laguna is the one I am looking forward to trying, sounding good!
Old 06-06-2011, 09:56

Talking miguelon's restaurant

Quote:
Originally Posted by favie View Post
Glad you enjoyed your week Baron....inspite of the dampness!
Laguna is the one I am looking forward to trying, sounding good!
Hi everyone !
I took my family out for lunch yesterday and visited Miguel's new place.
we all agreed.... 10 out 10 !!!!! we shall be back soon.
Old 06-06-2011, 13:33

Great report Baron, thanks for posting, sounds delicious & looking forward to trying out the new places.
Old 06-06-2011, 13:49

Almost like being there Baron Now got another 2 new ones to try - thats the problem with PP, there are so many good restaurants, we never have time to try them all!