Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2007, 05:16
marcusb1

Default Anything new in Pollensa old town?

We're back in La Font, Pollensa this w/e and love eating in the old town...any changes, updates from august 06? we've never been to the yellow restaurant!! (c'an pacienta?)on the main road opposite balaixa turning ...what is it like? it needs to cater for 2 kids aged 9 and 12!!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2007, 05:17

Well, if you like being patronised whilst paying through the nose, give it a try.
As you may be able to tell, we did not enjoy our visit.
Old 02-08-2007, 06:20

Ca'n Pacienci is great (or was when we last ate there!) It's funny but we always call it the Yellow Canary in our house due to the yellow sign!

Looking at their advert (see Restaurant reference above) it looks like they've done away with the set menu but I'd love to read some recent reviews as the last time I was there was October 2004.

I would definitely book an outside table as well - it's much cooler and very pretty. The children should be fine - we took our daughter there when she was three!

Jane

Ooops! Just seen MB's reply - he must have been posting at the same time! Yes, the owner (Dudley?) can be a bit abrasive but he's a character, and one of the waiters who works (worked?) there was brilliant. See an old review of mine here:

p221.ezboard.com/fpollensaforumfrm13.showMessage?topicID=199.topic
Old 02-08-2007, 16:24
marcusb1

Crikey!! such contrasting replies...thanks both very much. It's got to be worth a go!!
Anyone been recently?
Flying out Sat am...not long to go!
Old 02-08-2007, 20:17
star81

Default C'an Pacianci

Hi,

I was there twice between the 11 - 21 July and have to say was up to their usual excellant standard. They have done away with the set menu and gone a la carte which is great if you have the children. It along with C'an Costa are two of our favourite restaurants.

Dudley is a character as is the waiter (think his name is Alfonso) which for us always makes the eating an enjoyable experience as we always get a few laughs.

Would highly recommend.

Enjoy your hols !
Old 02-08-2007, 20:34
mat55

Default Re: C'an Pacianci

was in can costa recently and can gladly report that it was better than ever!
Old 02-08-2007, 20:39

star,

That's great to know as I would really like to go back this time and paying 45 euros each for the kids is a bit steep. I agree the waiter (Alfonso?) is wonderful.

Thanks

Jane
Old 03-08-2007, 03:01

We have been going to C'an Pacianci since 1976 when it was run by Dudley's parents, it would be at the top of my list of great restaurants followed by C'an Costa then Clivia.

PP76
Old 03-08-2007, 03:25
marcusb1

Thanks to all of you for posts. It is clear Pacianci is one to try in the next few days as we will be staying minutes from the restaurant...also we have walked past Clivia dozens of times as we park on Cecili Metai and walk to the Plaza and we've not tried it simply because it is all indoors. Thanks. After all there's 2 more sleeps to go!!
Old 03-08-2007, 04:42

Not been there so cant comment,but the town restaraunts are my favorite,maybe its an age thing!
Everyone must know Il Gardino is excellent,it has the best location of course,sq,outside,peoplewatching etc but the food is excellent.
Not many of comment about this one but Pasada d Ariant just at the bottom of the sq is well worth a visit,insde is a super setting but outside this Aug would be lovely. Good local/Med stle menu,steaks/fish/pasta,all stylishly presented.
My wifes favourite is local pork filled with figs,its wonderful.I can taste it now the meat is tender and ultra tasty and sticky,figgy roasty sweetness complements it perfectly,served with a selection of Med veg,big white plate,large glass of local red,probably Macia Batle,ahh heaven.

Try the Pasada,Ill be there next week!
Old 03-08-2007, 05:29
marcusb1

You have good taste.....Pasada was one of our faves last year with the kids rating it excellent...I loved the tuna there...waiters were brill with our 2 as well....sitting outside there looking over the whole square with a bottle or rose was really good...
Old 03-08-2007, 05:37

We seem to get hardly any reveiws of Ca N'Olesa at the bottom of the steps in the old town, or La Font del Gall...

We're fans of Ca N'Olesa in our house because of the location and great food. We always make sure we book a table. Like Il Giardino next door, it can get very busy.

So...making a plea here for anyone who's eaten at the above lately...or Cantonet..or El Temple.

Jane
Old 03-08-2007, 05:43

Eaten at Cantonet,but not this year,best on a hot summers night if they are serving up in the old churchyard,nice!
I think Temple lacks a little atmosphere,not for summernights best for winter evenings.
Old 03-08-2007, 05:56

Ahhh, that's interesting to know about El Temple (this might attract Debs' attention!!). Thanks for that.

Jane
Old 03-08-2007, 16:39

We ate at Il Giardino in July - it was very good. I had the Duck which was delicious and nicely presented with a pear that had been poached in red wine, veggies and sticky sauce - yum. We had bruschetta to share to start and they presented it as 2 starters on seperate plates but only charged for one. Big portions!

Service was very attentive too - I recommend.

Lala