Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26-04-2011, 21:59

Default Tea for two !!!

Been a little time since I have partaken of High Tea so that's why I found myself perambulating along the Pine Walk with Bella towards the Illa D'Or earlier this afternoon in me best bib and tucker.

Insisting we sat on the terrace cos the weather was far to clement for the Dining Rooms, we were informed that tea would take some 50 minutes to prepare so I immediately summoned up a bottle of the best bubbly ( Cos you're worth it, Babe !! ).

Well high tea arrived ( sorry to enter into the sordid , squalid details but 16 Euros per head ). A three tier plate of cute sarnies on the bottom, the most delicious freshly baked scones on the middle tier and the top layer delicious little gateaux including chocolate brownies and freshly cooked carrot cake. They also bought cream and the best jam and surprise, surprise some slices of toast ( ??? ) not sure what that was about but we politely and discretely fed the birds with that .

Absolutely delicious. Gallantly I allowed BD my salmon sandwich and eat the second cheese roll which was rightfully hers which she acknowledged my kindness with such charm.

Service pretty good but a bit disappointed the waiter didn't wear white gloves . Wouldn't have passed muster on the Cunard Steamship Company !!!

We left , of course, most of the gateaux ( You don't get bodies like ours, guys , stuffing your face like lardbuckets !!! ).

Well, all in all a lovely couple of hours . We strolled back down the PineWalk and went into a real clincher opposite the Barnard Hamilton Webcam for the benefit of you guys back in Blighty but fear it may have not been switched on .

Try it sometime ( I mean the tea !!!)

Picture you upon my knee
Just tea for tea and two for tea

BonysLad
Sponsored Links
Old 26-04-2011, 22:11

Darn that Webcam!! ( Have a word BL!) Would have loved to have seen that!! Glad you enoyed your afternoon with your lady-friend.
Sounds like a afternoon Bella (and me) would have enjoyed. Nothing to beat High Tea at the Illa D'or.
Old 27-04-2011, 13:37

Well as an Essex girl I have to say I'm jel!! lol
Sounds wonderful and i'm sure you both couldn't fail to enjoy such a lovely afternoon. So pleased the sun has decided to come out for you at last too.
Enjoy the rest of your stay.
Old 27-04-2011, 16:15

Hmmm... we've had Snowy advocating walks in the countryside in quest of nightingales... and now BonysLad is waxing lyrical about the delights of afternoon tea and scones... Just what is going on, chaps? And when will normal service be restored??
Old 27-04-2011, 17:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by kate1 View Post
Hmmm... we've had Snowy advocating walks in the countryside in quest of nightingales... and now BonysLad is waxing lyrical about the delights of afternoon tea and scones... Just what is going on, chaps? And when will normal service be restored??
Blimey Kate,

If 'squeezing ' a respectable married woman in front of a webcam ain't living dangerously enough for you whaddya want me to do ? Take up Skydiving ?

BonysLad
Old 27-04-2011, 19:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonysLad View Post
Blimey Kate,

If 'squeezing ' a respectable married woman in front of a webcam ain't living dangerously enough for you whaddya want me to do ? Take up Skydiving ?

BonysLad
Please don't BL, you would probably do it naked or worst still with your swimming cap on.
Old 27-04-2011, 21:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonysLad View Post
Blimey Kate,

BonysLad
BL, if at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.
and, which Bella?

cheers,

jimbo
Old 28-04-2011, 21:58

I have to say, that was definitely the best afternon of the whole ten days! I was suitably impressed with how well BL scrubbed up - full marks to Mrs BL!
It was the first day since we arrived that the sun actually came out and we were so lucky to be able to have our "tea" outside. No wind, no insects and beautiful weather. Superb food and really fresh. A lovely waiter was extremely helpful with our ordering of both the teas and the drinks - the second waiter was a little like Manuel from Fawlty Towers - but it just added to the ennjoyment of the afternoon.
Nearly 3 hours later BL decided he really was missing his siesta time and we ambled back along the cobbles, with stops along the way to chat to some of the many people they seem to know there.
I really did tell him that the webcam was not working but he just kept chasing me round the lampost until he managed "the clinch"!

Thoroughly recommend the afternoon tea with all the trimmings.

Took a walk around Pollensa afterwards to walk some of the tea off, where I promptly slipped on a tile in the tile shop by El Temple, breaking the heel off of my shoe and ending up with blisters by the time I got back to Llenaire!
Ah well, whats a little thing like that after such a great afternoon.
As Mrs BL would say - "pinkies out"!
Old 29-04-2011, 09:28

Must say Bella just a little bit hurt that your first post back was about anti rust paint but realise an overt display of over enthusiasm on your part was probably inappropriate !

Didn't I just crock my little finger whilst sipping the tea at just the right angle ?

You poor lamb getting blisters . Why didn't you call and I 'd have rubbed ointment in your little "pinkies" ?

BonysLad