Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2006, 05:29
sonyaaa

Default Thai Rack

Hello all
If you are a lover of Thai food you must go to the Thai Rack I first discovered it in the summer and ate there rather a lot, I'm surprised it has not been mentioned yet or have I missed the posting. anyway just returned after 3 glorious days and ate there twice! a few faces have changed, for the better, Bobby the chef remains. Mrs Wong the owner has successful resturants in England there was actually a write up on her in The talk of the North . As a bit of an expert on Thai food (good friends of ours have a successful Thai resturant) I cannot recommend it enough the resturant is part of the hostal that is on JoanXXIII opposite car rental/baby shop.

Enjoy!!

Sonya
Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-2006, 08:38
Founder

For more info on the Thai Rack including menu see www.puertopollensa.com/thairack
Old 14-11-2006, 03:10
ChrisLox

I can vouch for this too!
Everyone must visit the Thai-Rack especially those of you coming over for the winter as it is open all-year.
Old 14-11-2006, 17:40

Sounds like a good idea to me Chris, can't wait to go!
Old 19-01-2007, 19:50
Roy and Katie

We tried this a few days ago and were very impressed with the food. Very tasty!

It is one of the few places open in the winter and certainly one we will return to
Old 20-01-2007, 08:48
smiddy

Default thai

we arrive next Friday for a week of eating drinking and double birthday celebrations so this is on the list
Old 18-02-2007, 04:29
Beachfun

Default Thai Rack

Prices have gone up by around 20% on last year .. however still good value.
Old 22-02-2007, 20:42
ChrisLox

...yeah, but the serivice has gone up 100% so it's a bargain really!!!!!
Old 12-04-2007, 20:04

Default Thai Rack

What's happened to this place?

Having walked in off the street over the new year to be pleasantly surprised at the standard of the food Bonyladette and I did the samething last Saturday. Absolutely appalling !!!! One poor german girl behind the bar trying to run the bar, take orders,wait tables in the semi darkness. Oriental guy in and out of the kitchen looking up what seem to be cookery books. Reasonable starter (no one can fail to produce pre cooked spring rolls). Reasonably warm plates brought out for main which turned cold before the dishes appeared which did so in 15 minute intervals on stone cold plates so returned to kitchen and eventually eaten individually and semi warm plus basic materials pretty lousy.

Thought BLT was going to throw a fit but she felt sorry for the young girl ,who'd only been there since Tuesday so went into her avuncular older woman mode " Darling, you mustn't let these people exploit you ,blah, darling,blah darling etc.etc."

Probably the worst eating experience in PP ever. Had better food fried out of oil drums in the back steets of Hong Kong.

You have been warned,absolutely awful .

BonysLad
Old 12-04-2007, 21:09
Roy and Katie

Not sure what happened on the day you went, but we went there two weeks ago and it was just as good as ever.
Old 26-04-2007, 07:15
sonyaaa

I too was there last week and I will agree it was a bit dark! but food was excellent and the german girl maya was charming as for Bobby the chef he really does not need a receipe book...I'm sure a lot of resturants have off days in fact one of the forums most raved about resturants has not been up to scratch on the last two occassions that I was there, one of them, had I ate the meal I would have been ill as the meat was definatly on the turn but I didn't slate the resturant or warn people off these things happen.
Old 26-04-2007, 11:40
Debilicious

Default ??

which restaurant was it, do tell ??
Old 26-04-2007, 20:01

Default Re:Thai Rack

Sonyaaa,

Really glad to hear it cos the main drift of my thread was if that one evening was typical the place had disappointly deteriated.

Not trying to stop anyone going there , just trying to be objective. The whole value of these threads is to take the rough with the smooth.

I promise you, I will try again when we are next there and I'll be happy to, publically, eat humble pie if it's back to what I thought was excellent at New Year.

BonysLad
Old 27-04-2007, 00:04

Have to admit that I've always enjoyed the food there but I really struggle to get a take away (despite seeing lots of flyers around the port offering this service). On various occasions I've patiently phoned both numbers on their pamplet again and again with no reply. I like to call first so that I don't have to wait when I get to the restaurant (on take way nights I just want to go home after work!). When I pointed this out once (as I actually wondered if their phone was working or not) I was told they didn't have time to pick up the phone - which seems to me more staff are needed especially as they rent rooms aswell as offer a takeaway service.
Old 04-05-2007, 03:16
fizzy100

Can't agree with you more. We went in the first week of opening and were very impreesed with the food. We were told it was to be developed into a more chic restaurant. Thankfully even thou the prices have gone up...... the restaurant has stayed more or less the same. The food is excellent and we found the staff to be extremely helpful. We ate there at easter and also tried to get a takeaway but found the restaurant closed. So my advise is to check opening times to avoid dissapointment. I am surpried by the negative comments raised by some of the members. Just unlucky I guess.