Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21-04-2011, 14:33

Default The Golden Lion

"Quote from Sparky"

"I have been to the Golden Lion tonight to watch the final of the Copa Del Rey"

Now speaking of The Golden Lion I came across this amazing review for it.....so if you have a spare half hour do read it, it's very long but they don't come much better than this!! Never been there but might remedy that for lunch one day.

The Golden Lion, Puerto Pollensa - Review - Estupendo! Just page down a little

PS Sorry to hear about your team Sparky!
Old 21-04-2011, 14:55
Super Moderator

Wow!!! that was an amazing review Favs but i don't think the author will be too happy when he visits again as the "Leafy canopy" has gone, however it has been replaced by a more permanent one with a tiled roof and drop down sides, in my opinion this is a plus because it means less mozzies. I was sad to see one of the very large palm trees has also gone.
Apart from that everything is pretty much the same, the food is still fantastic, Anita (Pacos wife) makes the most delicious Chicken croquettes i have ever tasted and the spirit measures are huge . There is also live music 3 nights a week in the season, Phil the Voice will be back but i am not sure who else, will post more details on the "Entertainment" section when i get the info.
Old 21-04-2011, 18:52
Banned

Blimey, just read the article...........I've walked past the place lots of times and just thought it was another tacky Brit bar but may give it a try now.

Think the author must have been given a back-hander surely. The place can't be that good can it?!

Anyone eaten there???

(Apart from Sparky obviously!)
Old 21-04-2011, 21:01

Great article totally agree, if we ask the kids where they want to go for their lunch on first day its always Golden Lion for chicken! Normally go when they have the entertainment on and spend rest of the night there, Sergio was a miss last year though.
Old 21-04-2011, 23:50
Super Moderator

Ahhh!! Sergio, so bad he was brilliant......those were the days
Old 22-04-2011, 07:29

[QUOTE=nickpaulanoah;57360]
Anyone eaten there???
[QUOTE]

Not eaten there but often nipped in for a roast chicken (7 euro from memory) and chips to take away and enjoyed a cold beer whilst waiting for it all to be wrapped up in tin foil to take back to the boat and enjoy with a home made salad.
Excellent value and service. Chicken as good as the author says but there again there are quite a few places that do rotisserie chicken in the Port of equivalent standard.
Old 22-04-2011, 09:38

We always make a point of stopping there for lunch, at least once every visit, as there roast chicken is the best.

Special chicken sandwich with chips and salad at 4.5 euros, or huge chicken salad at 8.50 euros, great value also.

As with many places in the port take no notice of first impressions as looks can be deceptive!!
Old 22-04-2011, 10:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
Wow!!! that was an amazing review Favs .
Yep, it sure is and I am sure that Paco and his wife Anita would be thrilled with it. Every year the question comes up "Good food,reasonable prices for feeding large families and hungry teenagers?" Well this one surely fits the bill!! (among others) That is why I posted that fab review also because it never seems to get mentioned too often.

Last edited by favie; 22-04-2011 at 10:07.
Old 22-04-2011, 16:11
Banned

Thanks all for the replies.........will try it out next week then !!!!

(And I'll report back).
Old 22-04-2011, 17:26

We always have the chicken here everytime we visit the only thing to be carefull of is if like me you do not like soggy chips ask not to have the chicken juices poured over the plate
Old 22-04-2011, 17:50
Super Moderator

El Leon Dorado/The Golden Lion was the first the very first PP bar we had a drink in way back in 1982, Paco and Anita made us feel so welcome and i can remember their then little son Justo coming home from school in the afternoons with his satchel on his back. Anita always had problems getting him away from the video game machine to eat his lunch. He is now a fine, very good looking young man who works hard alongside his parents, giving good food and great service in a spotlessly clean and comfortable bar/restaurant.
Old 22-04-2011, 18:24

Think it was where we had our first meal in PP as well, think Justo is one of the reasons the girls like it so much