Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   La Cabana (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/7263-la-cabana.html)

Sparky 15-04-2011 10:17

La Cabana

We were invited to a taster evening in La Cabana last night, it was fairly quiet with about a dozen others. I met the boss Adam, a very friendly Geordie boy and we were treated to a selection of hot and cold tapas which include bread/olives/alioli, cheese and serrano ham, patatas bravas, king prawns in beer batter, chicken breast with alioli and pork loin in a blue cheese sauce. Everything was freshly prepared and it was delicious, i particularly enjoyed the pork which was in a creamy blue cheese and mushroom sauce and the patatas bravas had a very tasty spicy tomato sauce. The 15 cold tapas range in price from 2€ to 10€, 22 hot tapas range from 5€ to 8€, 7 desserts all 5€ and all liquers are 4.50€.
Thank you Adam and staff we will be back.

Smiddy 15-04-2011 10:36

Sparky, The suffering you put yourself through for our general benefit;)

Sparky 15-04-2011 10:57

I know Smiddy, but someone has to do it :D;).

whaleywanderer 23-04-2011 10:00

Felt quite sorry for this new restaurant, it's only small and seems to be hidden by all the menu blackboards that are outside of Simbads (which is next door). Their signage is also small and not really noticable. In my opinion, what they need is some authentic spanish music to make people take interest as they walk along.

sws97sdg 24-04-2011 10:32

I will post a full report, but managed a lunch in there last week, the food was great and as you said Whaley they now have nice background music as well. Massive place inside as well dont be fooled by the exterior, goes right back inside, and then into a large rear garden terrace that will be great in the summer or winter, great food, proper tapas, great service will differently be going back

pollensa 24-04-2011 17:41

There's more on La Cabana here puertopollensa.com/restaurants_bars_cafes.html#lacabana with a location map. There'll be a link to their own website when it's ready. :)

sws97sdg 21-08-2012 11:21

Well we did go back again, twice this time, this restaurant is fast becoming our favorite in the port. The food is wonderful, always fresh and so tasty, the tapas is the best in the port with a great variety and lots of veggie options.
It was busier this year and great to see they have won a Trip Adviser award for their food, and well deserved.
Sat out the back on the terrace this time as it was full in the front which was great as it was so hot, definitely be back next time.
I may have said before that they also had one in Alcudia but his is not the case, the one with a similar name is nothing to do with them, this is the only one they have so far in Mallorca.
Give it a try, great food and service, friendly staff, its great! :)

emmalou 21-08-2012 20:44

We love this place too. Went twice during our last visit, fantastic both times :-)

sws97sdg 27-01-2013 10:33

La Cabaña re-opens at Easter for 2013 and will still be part of the Ruta del Tapeo! :)

russets 27-01-2013 14:48

I guess as you've bumped this thread twice (first time after 16 months and again after 5 months of no activity) that you are something to do with this place.

sws97sdg 27-01-2013 14:59

No, no connection with them other than being a satisfied customer! They just posted today on their Facebook page that they are re-opening times for this year and I thought it would be useful information for the members who are interested.

Sparky 27-01-2013 15:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by russets (Post 79226)
I guess as you've bumped this thread twice (first time after 16 months and again after 5 months of no activity) that you are something to do with this place.

Russets, i can assure you that as SWS says he is in no way connected to La Cabana.

pollensa 27-01-2013 15:59

And even if he was, we welcome the occasional self-promotion from business owners who advertise with us on the main site, so it's no problem at all. :)

LaAlly 28-01-2013 20:22

Didn't manage to get to go on Ruta del Tapeo last year Have been lucky enough to do TaPalma twice) and hope to rectify this year but did visit La cabana and was impressed. Excellent value and service !

The Wheelers 01-02-2013 16:24

Its a shame that there not opening sooner.
We went there for an evening of tapas after discovering the place on the ruta del tapeo in September and had a great meal.
We're back at the end of the month and would have loved to go there again