Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2007, 17:34
Chiara19

Default Just got back - our food review

Stayed in a villa just outside Pollensa from 28-7-07 to 11-8-07. Did a lot more cooking in the villa this time as the facilities were excellent (an outdoor kitchen as well - which made cooking more sociable).
Tried to eat out every other day - so here's where we - Me, Hub, No1 son (14yrs & with a discerning palate) and No2 son (12yrs & hooked on the amusement arcade) spent our hard-earned euros this year.
St 28th - 'let's go to that tapas place' - which we now know as L'Amirant - the lady with the short dark hair and glasses seems to recognise us from previous years -and we receive a warm welcome. Excellent food and we are slightly more adventurous and choose extra dishes as well as the tapas for two. Finished off with Ben & Jerry's where we bumped into Mick and Jessie from ScubaMallorca. It was good to be back.
Sun 29th - Went to Bon Dia cafe but it has changed hands and they no longer do No2's favorite spicy chicken wings. Stocked up at Caprabo and Syp - I like the new Syp but miss the dark corners and suddenly coming across a huge haunch of dead meat.
Mon 30th - Pascalinos in the evening - what they lack in culinary expertise they make up for energy and enthusiasm. Fisnished up with a Pina colada at Bony's and a mooch round the jewellery stalls in the square. Nearly got my bag pinched by a couple of young British lads who followed us back to the dusty car park - Hub realised what they were after and my boys closed ranks.
Tues 31st - barbecue at the villa - accompanied by the dogs and cats (friendly and well-behaved) from the owner's house next door. No2 son is in heaven because he loves animals and has got friendly with Xavier - the 11yr old grandson of the owner.
Wed 1st Aug - Hub and No1 out diving with ScubaMallorca in the morning - to Don Corleone for dinner - they seem very busy but my sea bass is excellent and the Sangria is the best so far. We have discovered that wooden ice cream shack belongs in the family of our villa's owner - so we show some loyalty there. We also boost Mr Grumpy's retirement fund by popping into Mir for a few odds and ends before we go home.
Thurs 2nd Aug - to Cafe Caramba to log onto a favourite sites - great atmosphere - very safe for the boys and the internet equipment is new and efficient. Ray makes us some lunch and tempts us with ice-cold Twix bars from the fridge - the Cheers bar of PP.
Fri 3rd Aug - Nico's from dinner - nice Tex Mex and pleasant service - oh no - another trip to the ice cream stall and Mr Grumpy.
Sat 4th Aug - lazy day - I experiment and manage to achieve an aceptable potato bravas
Sun 5th Aug - Out sailing on Tudor Dawn with Simon and Susie all day - collapse in a heap at Pascalinos because we are too tired to choose - they don't disappoint us.
Mon 6th Aug - Hub and No2 climb Puig Maria in the late afternoon and bring back goodies from Taj Donner Kebab for dinner - the bread is a bit strange compared to pitta but the meat and sauces are good.
Tues 7th Aug -to Cafe Caramba again for more updating -the Tango for dinner - wonderful steaks and my suckling pig was to die for. Love the trimphone man.
Wed 8th Aug - stock up on goodies as No1 and Hub are off on a night dive - No2 and I watch dvd's and nibble for the rest of the evening.
Thurs 9th Aug - Drove down to Colonya St Pere and had lunch at La Mar - HUGE salads and very peaceful - snorkelling at Bon Aire followed by another wonderful meal at L'Amirant.
Fri 10 Aug - Our last night - Xavier accompanies us to PP - went to El Mojito - which was dire. Service was appalling, they tried to charge us for extra drinks (problem sorted by a very cool Xavier) and the food was less than average. I should have let Xavier choose a restaurant for us.
So - we are back in a cold climate - although the sun has just come out. Best PP hols yet - largely due to info from this site and a well-equipped and very comfortable villa - whose owner managed to be around when we needed her but discreetly absent otherwise. she also fed No2 son as part of her family most lunchtimes and according to him - makes much better spaghetti than any of the restaurants!
Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-2007, 17:35

Your holiday sounds fab Chiara!

Where was your villa? lala
Old 12-08-2007, 17:42
Chiara19

Finca Marina - about 3-4 ks down from the cockerel roundabout. We booked it through an agent on this site but the family now have their own website - www.fincamarina.com.
They had everything we needed - and would have gone out and got us extra pillows if the agent had passed our request to them - I believe the agent is now history!
This was the first time we felt safe leaving the boys so that we could go shopping on our own.
Old 12-08-2007, 18:37

Thanks Chiara - I'll check it out for next year. Always good to have a personal recommendation. Whoops off topic! Enjoyed reading about your eating out experiences too! Lala