Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   Marina Cafe (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/7186-marina-cafe.html)

kate1 28-03-2011 13:39

Marina Cafe

Just noticed in the advertisements section this establishment: apparently 'the newest' cafe, on the roundabout near the marina. I can't place it at all - what used to be there? It seems to be geared towards evenings as it is going to have a weekly jazz night and it serves mojitos (hence my interest!) Would be interested to hear any reports.

Nick 28-03-2011 15:14

Hi Kate1

The Marina Cafe is between Cafe 1919, on the roundabout, and Hotel Daina. It's very chic and modern in my opinion and a lot of well-to-do locals go there.

I use it a lot and they are very friendly in there.

They do great cocktails and have offers on. Food is also very nice.

Oh, and the best cafe latte's in PP!!!

Well worth a visit.

kate1 28-03-2011 15:20

Many thanks - will definitely give it a try.

pollensa 28-03-2011 17:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by kate1 (Post 56212)
Just noticed in the advertisements section this establishment: apparently 'the newest' cafe, on the roundabout near the marina. I can't place it at all - what used to be there?

The latest addition to our Eating (& Drinking) Out page puertopollensa.com/restaurants_bars_cafes.html#marinacafe - there is a location map so hopefully that helps!

pips 28-03-2011 22:41

This is the best cafe, we went every other day, crepes, coffee, fresh orange juice, then a walk around the marina, boats too expensive to imagine but great to look at, also there is a signed Liverpool shirt, my daughter could not believe she was holding it, will ignore the other shirt. My hubby plays the base so am trying to get him to give it a go.

ray 29-03-2011 13:56

Used to be Don Corleones pizzeria, I think but it's been around as Marina cafe for ages, lots of locals use it as they don't like going to Gran Cafe due to the (alleged) shenanigans going round with that place's change of ownership

pollensaparadise 29-03-2011 14:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by ray (Post 56253)
Used to be Don Corleones pizzeria, I think but it's been around as Marina cafe for ages, lots of locals use it as they don't like going to Gran Cafe due to the (alleged) shenanigans going round with that place's change of ownership

No it's next door to Don Corleones used to be an ice cream parlour

slipalong & lola 29-03-2011 14:57

Marina cafe

Marina Cafe is great. We use it often as we stay above the Cafe and share in the atmosphere from below when on our balcony. Always busy and buzzing but never too loud and as has been said , many locals seem to use the place, in my opinion a good sign. Roll on June/July lets have some fun in the sun.:):D:cool:

Nick 30-03-2011 14:36

Pleased the Liverpool shirt is back.....when I was last in there this January it was not in its usual position......I thought it had been knicked !!!!

pips - your family have great taste in football clubs as well as cafe bars !!!

pips 30-03-2011 22:34

That's so sad if the shirt has gone, every time we went in over the last 3 years in the summer my daughter and I had to see it, as you can tell that was many times! One of the guys is a friend of former Liverpool player Reiera. Just told Libby and she's not happy! The Tim Cahill Australia shirt definitely not as impressive, am I biased?

jiggggy 30-03-2011 23:23

Liverpool shirt! nicked!!:eek: That'll be those thieving scousers ;), They'll nick your hubcabs if your not careful! But who would want to nick it anyway:rolleyes: Now Tim Cahill shirt (note the lack of the 's') now ya talkin'.
Me? a blue? :p

Never been to the Marina cafe. We just might have to try it this year.

Sparky 31-03-2011 00:09

Please guys lets not get into the football debate, take it over to the Tapas Bar. Thanks :).

bee67 04-08-2011 18:49

is this where PP posters occasionally meet? just so I know for september.

Sparky 04-08-2011 19:15

Yes Bee it is, Thursdays @ 11.15 am ish.;)