Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30-08-2007, 05:36

Default Which was the best meal?

Back from PP nearly a week, seems ages ago Oh well.
Thought I had better post my nights out before it becomes a distant memory.
We did on several occassions have barbecues at my brothers villa which made a nice change. But there was one restaurant which we hadn't tried before which stood out as one of the best meals and service we have had in PP.

Which one? well you'll have to read all this to find out.

On arrival we dropped our cases at the apartment and headed off to our usual place for lunch on our first day, only to find it closed. The Sparrow only opens in the evening now.
So it was the Golden Lion for Sardines very nice too.
We thought we would try the Sparrow in the evening. Arrived about 9pm no table available for 15 mins. 1 1/4 hours later sat down to an average home made Ravioli, probably very tired up since 4am.

Llenaire excellent very friendly staff Rabbit and Onions for me Sole for the young lady, superb value much better than in the past.

Centric. Not eaten here before but thought we should try. Very good suckling pig good service.
A week later 2 of my children came to PP my son wanted to try suckling pig so took him to centric must have been a different restaurant, overcooked very fatty with a salad that would feed a family. Not impressed.

Neptuno. This is definately the place for tapas good selection lovely food and again very friendly waters, really good night.

Maxims. Had a very nice evening here with Jane and her family. They had Lamb which seemed very good Beef Strogonoff for me Chicken in mushroom sauce for the lady. I thought, after all the comments about this restaurant the service was excellent and the food very good. In fact went there again when the kids were out, Thai green curry for me excellent steaks for the rest, the waiter even asked us to check the steaks to make sure they were cooked as asked, all perfect. This is definately worth a go.

Tangos. Had to be there somewhere 11 of us to eat. No problem booking a table again very good steaks, Sole, Hake etc good value.

O'Lume. Lovely food great service. Why isn't it busier? Fish for both of us followed by the excellent Fried Milk!!!

Bit of a problem one night tried to book a table at La Piazza for 11 people, reaction, "Too complicated", what!!. Ended up at Jokers, Ok food, good service good value for a lot of people.

One mistake didn't get to El Posito. Sorry now.

Now which restaurant stood out for us??????????????
????????????????????????
The answer

Trumpets playing, come on imagine it.

La Fortelesa. (Symbols clashing)

This had to be one of the best meals in any restaurant we have had. The staff were very pleasant and helpful.
Peppers Padron to start, and there were a couple of hot ones.

Shoulder of Lamb for wifey which fell off the bone which she said was by far the best she had eaten and Lomo con Col for me. It was superb, it always sounds a bit boring but the flavour of the stuffing and sauce was outstanding, also very reasonably priced. If you havn't been there, you must on your next visit. Very friendly restaurant good atmosphere.

So that was about it other than of course a nightly visit to Boneys fcor the usual large measures. Must also mention other nice places for drinks Bahia Pollensa on the pinewalk and the Miramar 2 nice places to relax.

It all went too quickly.
Sorry if this was too long winded.

Happy Hols for those you havn't been yet

Timberman
Sponsored Links
Old 30-08-2007, 14:59

YaY Timberman,

Made me think I was there with you. Thanks for that! May have to include La Fortalesa in next month's trip. Problem is I think I am going to need 2 stomachs to do all the eating that I am planning!

Lala :lol
Old 30-08-2007, 21:01

Hi Timbers glad you had a good time

You did not eat at El Posito take a 100 lines and detention later.

:lol :lol
Old 31-08-2007, 03:27
irisheyes

Not long back from PP and would like to thank all forum subscribers for their comments on food and PP in general - spot on guys, i was in paradise.
Unfortunately after a lot of drooling (reading the comments) i forgot to take the list of "where to eat" with me and couldnt remember most of the names. Not to worry though,i had a ball trying to find some of them.

We (wife 2 children 8+4) ate in los faroles, torre playa, dakota tex mex, restaurant before torre playa, kashmir indian, maxims, cod father, luna chinese, one close to daina and one in pollensa town at bottom of steps to the left.

los faroles was ok i ended up with a fish type soup for main wife and kids happy.

torre playa was excellent - mussel tapas type starter with shoulder of lamb in honey and rosemary, yummy yum yum as my eldest daughter said. Went twice we all loved it.

restaurant before torra playa - went twice there also - excellent grilled sardine starter, yummie pasta, great desert and catered well for children.

kashmir indian - very good. In fact excellent, my wife took the kids to codfather instead. Washed down with some lovely cobra beer.

dakota tex mex - went twice because my eldest liked it - but was average. It was supposed to be nicos i was trying. As i said, i forgot my list. However washed down with lots of corona, so maybe not so bad after all.

luna chinese - went twice ate once. food ok but second time going we left due to very poor service.

restaurant in pollensa town - lovely chicken and brocoli crocquettes great pasta.

Have to say that all of the restaurants gave good service and i didnt find the restaurants expensive at all considering general quality of fare. Have booked already for next year cant wait.

Perhaps a good thing for the forum would be to create a map and list all of the restaurants and how to get to them.
What do you think?
Old 31-08-2007, 03:32
irisheyes

sorry forgot to add Maxims - very good food, am still trying to work out why they gave me a childrens portion!!! Good food pathetic value.
Old 03-09-2007, 21:41
Barmy

Just back after 10days in P.P.

I thought I would give a report on a few
eating places we visited.

Best Bar/Restaurant. Bar Coral

Best Restaurant La Fortelesa.

Best Restaurant with a view ,this has
to be Hostal Bahia.The view and the Paella
are both wonderful.