Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   Report on our eating places (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/709-report-our-eating-places.html)

charlotte 30-08-2007 03:28

Report on our eating places

Hi

Back from another2 brilliant weeks hols and thought I would report back on the restaurants visited

Can Ferrar - went three times great value as usual ,best Sangria and lovely fresh fish

Clivia (Pollensa)- More upmarket good food but found it all a bit to efficient and to quick service

El Molina(Pollensa)- What a find! Lovely cosy restaurant brilliant food and friendly service, visited twice and will be back!
(Might have spotted Jane here if she was there on a Sunday evening?)

Laroc -First time here, was a little disappointed as I felt it didn't live up to previous reviews food & service average

L'arca (old Alcudia)- Beautiful setting loved this place good food and desserts to die for.

Il Giardino (Pollensa) - Had lunch here it was fantastic and childrens menu wasn't the usual nuggets etc. will definately have to try it next time on an evening.

Siller - What a friendly place, food and especially the vegetables were great, lovely desserts! (loved the choclate pyramid) another one we will definately revisit.

La Fortallesa - An old favourite consistant in its good food and service

Bar Naciente - Tried this for Tapas, a good selection and friendly staff

Tango - Another old favourite, food good as usual but a bit too busy and service perhaps not up to their usual standard.

Can Ollesa (Pollensa) - Great setting. food and service good

Looking forward to next year in the meanwhile please keep all the posts comming as they are great to read.

Charlotte

Lala70w 30-08-2007 15:03

Charlotte,

That's given me food for thought! :b I have only eaten at 4 of these places! Going for a villa in Pollensa town next year so will have to try some of these.

Interesting that Naciente is still open - for some reason I thought that it had closed. :rolleyes Had a lovely long lunch there with friends a few years back. Out of interest were you there for lunch or dinner and was it busy?

Thanks,
Lala :)

charlotte 31-08-2007 02:25

Hi Lala

We visited Bar Naciente on an evening and it was quite busy including a few locals.
We usually rent a Villa near Pollensa.
I'm sure you will enjoy the area.

Charlotte

Quelys 31-08-2007 02:36

Mmmm.....I'm glad the chocolate pyramid at Rest. Siller got a mention. I've been known to go for dinner just to enjoy this dessert!!

Lala70w 31-08-2007 06:13

Thanks Charlotte - got a week in September to squeeze in first - can't wait. Lala :)

JH02JLH 04-09-2007 16:55

Hi Charlotte,

We went to El Molino but not on a Sunday night.

Don't tell me there's someone else who looks like me in PP! One's enough!

Jane:rollin