Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2007, 19:49

Default Hair-raising Lunch at La Victoria.

With my clammy hands gripping the steering wheel and my heart pounding, it suddenly dawned on me that the spectacular view from La Victoria restaurant had to involve a climb somehow...and I'm terrified of driving in the mountains...

I'm not sure whether this would count as a mountain, though, and the hair-pin bends only lasted a kilometre or so, but I was hugely relieved to reach the car park at the summit of the road and climb the steps to La Victoria restaurant.

I'd hauled my poor family out of the swimming pool as I'd always wanted to eat here and only had a vague sense of where it was. Happily, La Victoria is signposted from Alcudia old town so it was easy to find.

Another misconception of mine was to think the restaurant was simply a snack bar serving pizza and baguettes, but as we walked in we were greeted by the full works - beautifully set tables with tablecloths and an array of cutlery and glasses...plus a spectacular view across the bay to Puerto Pollensa.

We took a table on the second row from the balcony and my husband shot me a filthy look...I shrugged my shoulders and explained to the children that their lunchtime pizza might be off today.

Happily, La Victoria does a fantastic Menu del dia for 13 euros so with husband mollified we ordered soup, chicken and escalope followed by ice-cream and washed down with chilled bottles of water (the prospect of driving back down again had me quivering with nerves).

The food was delicious and the tomato soup went down well with all of us. The chicken was moist and served with a garlicky sauce accompanied by chips and vegetables. The menu is pretty extensive and if you're in the mood for a long leisurely lunch, I can't think of many places that would top this restaurant on a clear day.

There was a sort of hushed atmosphere as if everyone was just content to gaze at the wonderful view (or perhaps, like me, they were contemplating the drive back down the "mountain")!

All in all, a lovely experience and we will definitely do it again. The service was efficient and friendly and there's a small play area for children.

The bill for lunch for the four of us with drinks came to about 65 euros.

Jane
Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2007, 19:50

This is great restaurant - stunning views. We went this year having missed it for a couple of years and really enjoyed.

My daughter used to love playing in the little playground when she was little and they used to have a mechanical horse type thing that played the music from Bonanza!

My mum and dad always have the kebabs and they are served on huge skewers that look more like swords!
Old 08-04-2009, 11:51

You're right. La Victoria is in a lovely setting but has anyone else found the staff a bit surly and off hand?
Old 08-04-2009, 12:01

It was 2 years ago when we went but I can't remember them being full of bonhomie and general all round friendliness, no!
Old 09-04-2009, 10:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoa07 View Post
This is great restaurant - stunning views. We went this year having missed it for a couple of years and really enjoyed.
Has any body any photo's from La Victoria with the view across Pollensa bay that they could post for the poor souls that cannot get there (do not drive) .

How long would it take in a taxi from Alcudia old town and roughly what cost. It sounds idyllic and would love to visit.
Old 09-04-2009, 11:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by whaleywanderer View Post
Has any body any photo's from La Victoria with the view across Pollensa bay that they could post for the poor souls that cannot get there (do not drive) .

How long would it take in a taxi from Alcudia old town and roughly what cost. It sounds idyllic and would love to visit.

It would only be about a 10 to 15 minute taxi ride from Alcudia... don't know how much that would cost, but not very much I wouldn't think! It's certainly worth a visit tho' as the views are breathtaking and the food simple but tasty.

Jane you're a baby! it's not a mountain just a little hillock

As for the staff they are not unfriendly they just don't speak very good Eglish. They were in hysterics last year as one of our friends 'skated' across the floor humming Bolero...don't ask
Old 09-04-2009, 13:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by debz1 View Post
I am a baby, I'll freely admit! I won't even go up a ladder! But it is a beautiful place and well worth a visit for the views alone.
Old 09-04-2009, 16:30

For goodness sake then Jane, dont EVER atempt going to the restaurant in Alaro then!! LOL!! THinking about the service though, must admit they never stick in my mind as a jolly lot, EXCEPT for when we order Whiskey Tarta when they seem to take great delight in pouring HUGE amounts of whiskey over the tart - which is great for hubby and me, but the boys were only young at the time and they are now lovers of whiskey!!
Old 09-04-2009, 17:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by debz1 View Post

Jane, Take no notice of Deborah, I'll only go to Formentor by boat !!!!!

( Have managed to drive to La Victoria though but hit a wall and ripped my offside mirror off !!!! )

BonysLad
Old 09-04-2009, 21:16

I think that sitting outside at La Victoria for lunch on a beautiful sunny day is one of the great experiences life has to offer. The food ranges from the functional to the really interesting. In the latter category the fish soup is an astonishing feast - if you like that sort of thing of course.
Old 25-04-2009, 15:22

Quote:
Here you go Whaley

Mark.
Old 25-04-2009, 17:53

Default portrobin

Quote:

Hi
I am almost certain this is a view from or near La Victora

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3402/...1114911868.jpg

Last edited by portrobin; 25-04-2009 at 18:09. Reason: pic too big
Old 26-04-2009, 09:20

Wow- what a view, thanks guys. We must try to get there, one way or another
Old 26-04-2009, 10:23

Hi Whaley

I'd be really interested to know how you get on if you do manage to get there without a car. Good luck.

Linda
Old 28-04-2009, 12:04

Try to make here every visit, and you can just have a drink and not eat.

Watch for cyclists, I certainly could not do that!