Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2007, 03:45

Default Ca'n Costa...Round 1

I always feel special when I eat at Ca’n Costa and our first meal there just reinforced that wonderful feeling. We hadn’t booked a table and when we arrived there was only one other couple eating in the restaurant. Sinking onto the comfortable sofas we had a drink while looking at the menu and nibbled on some juicy black olives. The atmosphere was informal and relaxed.

After choosing our meals we were shown to our table and given little freebie starters of goats cheese on toasted bread. More different breads arrived with two dips - calvados and apple and olive oil.

We’d both chosen the leek and potato soup to start and then hubby had his favourite dish for the main course, the baked cod, while I went for the special of pork fillet. The children enjoyed their spaghetti which they said was the best they’d ever tasted.

The soup was delicious and creamy while the main courses were both deliciously cooked. My pork fillet was tender and just melted in my mouth. How did the chef manage that? Pork can be notoriously tough and chewy but I can honestly say this was the best I had ever eaten. It was accompanied by diced vegetables and sautéed potatoes.

Hubby was more than satisfied with his cod - he really loves this dish and it was served with vegetables and a little tower of french fries.

Our wine was the locally produced wine – the Ca’n Vidalet Blanc de Blancs which went well with our choices.

Having just a little room for dessert, we couldn’t resist three portions of chocolate fondant and the lemon tart, all of which were delicious.

By the time we left, the restaurant had filled up completely which was great to see. The service throughout the meal was friendly, discreet and efficient, but I have to admit to missing Alex who we later discovered is working at Ca N'Olesa.

Bill came to 132 euros.

Jane
Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-2007, 16:26

Sounds wonderful. Finally found Ca'n Costa this year though it was closed so didn't get a look inside. Haven't managed to eat there yet but after reading this it is definitely on the list for the future.

Really enjoying your reviews Jane, they're a delight to read. LK
Old 05-09-2007, 18:50

Thank you, LK. I'm really glad you enjoy them!

For me, it's a bit like reliving them all over again!

Jane