Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2011, 14:33

Joey, it certainly doesn't read quite right does it? It is supposed to be the largest they have opened on the island so far, but even so!?
As far as I know, Sis Pins only has about 50 rooms, so that doesn't even add up if they meant the hotel guests. Obviously a bit of a Tardis trick going on! (Or could be a misprint of course!)
Old 01-02-2011, 16:04

I'm seriously concerned about the impact this development will have on the ambiance of the Sis Pins, as my wife and I are already booked for July.
I'll email the hotel asking if sun terrace and ground floor lounge will be available for guests.
Any further info or even gossip from PP residents would be welcome.
Thanks.
Old 01-02-2011, 20:01

Definitely a typo regarding the numbers. There is no way it will cater for 750!. probably either 75 or 50.

Don't think it will affect the ambiance Parsman, I think it will be better than before (assuming the renovations are complete when you arrive). I am left wondering that if they take up the ground floor and sun terrace where are the residents going to get their full english?

I assume the kitchens will also transfer to Capuccino?.

Adios

Dave
Old 07-02-2011, 20:42

Just had a Tweet from Hotel Sis Pins

Quote "We're excited to announce the new Cappuccino Grand Cafe at the Hotel Sis Pins in Puerto Pollensa, is due to open in March 2011"

and

"The work for the new Cappuccino Grand Cafe at the Hotel Sis Pins is going well."
Old 09-02-2011, 00:29

Default Gran Cappuccino

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeRu View Post
We called in to the Gran Cappuccino in Valdermossa for sustinance last June and were very impressed.
Food, beverages and service were all very good, even memorable after nine momths.
It will be great to have them in the Port.

PeRu
This is just what PP needs. A further touch of class. The atmoshere, ambience and presentation at Valdermossa is superb. I only hope standards will be maintained. Much will depend on the staff and the clientele they manage to attract and retain .
They also produce great music cds

Last edited by Linguist; 06-05-2011 at 23:28.
Old 09-02-2011, 10:13

Have been listening to tracks on the cd's and love the style. I know you can buy them online but do they sell them all in the restaurants too? I would prefer to buy them there rather than risk the post at the moment! Also its a really good excuse to actually make an effort to go to one further afield from PP until it's up and running!
Old 09-02-2011, 10:34
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by clinkham View Post
Just had a Tweet from Hotel Sis Pins

Quote "We're excited to announce the new Cappuccino Grand Cafe at the Hotel Sis Pins in Puerto Pollensa, is due to open in March 2011"

and

"The work for the new Cappuccino Grand Cafe at the Hotel Sis Pins is going well."
Bella, it looks like the PP CGC will be up and running well before you make it out again .
Old 09-02-2011, 10:50

That would be lovely, my previous adivice from the hotel was that Sis Pins is due to open on March 1st, but Cappuccino opening was still to be confirmed. But I can't see it being allowed to be too far behind the hotel's opening date as guests would not be happy bunnies, so hopefully by the end of April it will be up and running - with a full stock of CD's if I'm lucky!
Old 09-02-2011, 11:43

More importantly when are they planting the trees? can someone find out please as I would be happy to help with funding.
Old 19-02-2011, 13:45

Hi , wondered if you managed to get any more information on changes at Sis Pins! We're booked for our 6th. visit in August and no mention was made about changes when we booked. It could be significant if the restaurnt has been taken over. We so enjoyed our breakfast on the terrace and the hot/cold buffet style. Last summer was already strange as they had used the shaded terrace for eating and so it was difficult for those who can't sit in the sun. We assumed this would be temporary as they had not long re-opened. Any info. you have would be great...
Old 19-02-2011, 17:32

The work at the moment seems to be concentrated on the restaurant side of the hotel,they are working quite hard and on a Saturday. Will try to find out any changes from someone I know that works there.
Old 19-02-2011, 18:35

I have been a fan of Cappuccinos for a number of years. Love the one in Calle San Miguel in Palma which is an old palace and truly special location. Something special. Also love the one on front line in Pto Andratx. They most certainly are expenisve but so worth it. My particular favourite when I am Palma is afternoon tea served in cast iron tea pot and fab carrot cake. In Pto Antdratx I have enjoyed many times a glass of vino with a roast beef or club sandwich. A special treat in a special location and I too am very excited about seeing a touch of class reach Puerto Pollensa after a couple of years of a trend of more down market places. Staff are always first class and they also produce a few pleasant CD`s. Sounds like it will be the new meeting place.
Old 19-02-2011, 22:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD40 View Post
I have been a fan of Cappuccinos for a number of years. Love the one in Calle San Miguel in Palma which is an old palace and truly special location. Something special. Also love the one on front line in Pto Andratx. They most certainly are expenisve but so worth it. My particular favourite when I am Palma is afternoon tea served in cast iron tea pot and fab carrot cake. In Pto Antdratx I have enjoyed many times a glass of vino with a roast beef or club sandwich. A special treat in a special location and I too am very excited about seeing a touch of class reach Puerto Pollensa after a couple of years of a trend of more down market places. Staff are always first class and they also produce a few pleasant CD`s. Sounds like it will be the new meeting place.
Well said!
Old 20-02-2011, 14:22

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belladonna View Post
Found this quote on their own site - now we know its really going to happen, and looks like it's going to be a summer opening.

“We´re excited to announce the new Cappuccino Grand Café and Tahini Sushi Bar in Puerto Pollensa, due to open in summer of 2011!!!

The Cappuccino Group has just purchased the lower floor of the charming, emblematic Hotel ´Sis Pins´. Legend has it that Agatha Christie stayed here one winter while writing her famous novel ´Problem at Pollensa Bay´.

Boasting a large terrace facing the sea, the new Cappuccino Grand Café and Sushi Bar will serve classic cocktails, prepared by our expert barmen. You will also be able to enjoy the best sushi, nigiri and sashimi on our fantastic terraces under the shade of the six pine trees that gave the hotel its name. Sadly, these trees were knocked down during a storm that affected most of the north of the island in 2001, although Juan has told me that they will be re-planted as soon as possible.

The new Cappuccino Grand Café, with a capacity for 750 guests, will blend seamlessly into the style of Puerto Pollença.

See you at the new Cappuccino next summer!”

I have contacted the council (adjuntament de Pollensa) regarding the planting of the aforementioned trees but unfortunatly they have no idea what Im talking about`, as I have offered to subsidise the planting.Can anyone throw light on this subject?
Old 26-02-2011, 17:01

Smile Cappuchino

Went past yesterday.
The builders were working very hard. It looks like they are working to a deadline.
The area they are converting is the ground-floor area to the right, which I think was the restaurant area.

Cheers!

Frito