Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   Sis Pins - Bar Cappuccinos (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/6979-sis-pins-bar-cappuccinos.html)

Belladonna 28-01-2011 14:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by kate1 (Post 53857)
Ooh, have just noticed they also have a cocktail menu - one more place to get a mojito! Though they will find it hard to beat Nostalgia's...

Ah, but it might be nice to be able to stand up after drinking a couple for a change Kate!! Or is that just me then!:D

lollipop 28-01-2011 18:29

I have to own up to loving the club sandwich ,which I have tried at the Grand Cafe on Sant Miquel just off the Ohms in Palma. Lovely surroundings too. Look forward to trying it in the port.

Belladonna 28-01-2011 18:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by its cd (Post 53839)
Anyone any idea when in March this opens ???

Ses Pins plans to open 1st March, Groupo Cappaccino is yet to be confirmed.:o

debz1 28-01-2011 19:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by lollipop (Post 53872)
I have to own up to loving the club sandwich ,which I have tried at the Grand Cafe on Sant Miquel just off the Ohms in Palma. Lovely surroundings too. Look forward to trying it in the port.

I can vouch for the club sandwich too lollipop :p Yummy! Also remember the delicious chips served in a small terracotta flower pot.....nice quirky little touch!

PeRu 29-01-2011 01:18

We called in to the Gran Cappuccino in Valdermossa for sustinance last June and were very impressed.
Food, beverages and service were all very good, even memorable after nine momths.
It will be great to have them in the Port.

PeRu

lollipop 29-01-2011 13:03

Debz1 how could I forget to mention those chips!! and yes in terracotta flowere pots.

Smiddy 31-01-2011 12:00

Groupo Cappaccino

Never heard of them, but i would go with the wisdom that they will enhance the port! Must confess my only reservation is it's being sited on a area which is already lovely and doesn't require any change. Plenty of other areas do.:(

Belladonna 31-01-2011 13:32

Ah, now you have me thinking Smiddy. I assumed (yes I know the joke) that it was to be incorporated within Ses Pins. Are they taking separate premises then?

Sparky 31-01-2011 13:56

Bella they are taking over the bar and restaurant at the Sis Pins.:)

Belladonna 31-01-2011 15:22

Thanks Sparky. I thought that's what was happening.
In which case Smiddy, it's not going to intrude on any outside area other than what is already taken up by Sis Pins I would think, so all will be well!:)

Nick 31-01-2011 16:56

I've also been to their premises in Palma and Puerto Andratx.......they are very smart, professionaly run set-ups and play great chilled out music. At the one in Andratx you can sit outside overlooking the sea on rocking type deckchairs.......bliss !!

This has to be a big improvement for PP and thankfully not a naff themed Irish bar, yuk.

Belladonna 01-02-2011 12:59

Found this quote on their own site - now we know its really going to happen, and looks like it's going to be a summer opening.

“We´re excited to announce the new Cappuccino Grand Café and Tahini Sushi Bar in Puerto Pollensa, due to open in summer of 2011!!!

The Cappuccino Group has just purchased the lower floor of the charming, emblematic Hotel ´Sis Pins´. Legend has it that Agatha Christie stayed here one winter while writing her famous novel ´Problem at Pollensa Bay´.

Boasting a large terrace facing the sea, the new Cappuccino Grand Café and Sushi Bar will serve classic cocktails, prepared by our expert barmen. You will also be able to enjoy the best sushi, nigiri and sashimi on our fantastic terraces under the shade of the six pine trees that gave the hotel its name. Sadly, these trees were knocked down during a storm that affected most of the north of the island in 2001, although Juan has told me that they will be re-planted as soon as possible.

The new Cappuccino Grand Café, with a capacity for 750 guests, will blend seamlessly into the style of Puerto Pollença.

See you at the new Cappuccino next summer!”

WRIGHTSTUFF 01-02-2011 13:06

How exciting.. Cant wait to read the reviews when the Port starts to wake up again. :)

joey36 01-02-2011 14:10

750 guests??????

cumberland8 01-02-2011 14:16

I am a wee bit sad but the thing that exites me most is the thought of 6 new pine trees being planted, trouble is I wont live long enough to see them evolve & bend.