Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   Sis Pins - Bar Cappuccinos (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/6979-sis-pins-bar-cappuccinos.html)

Belladonna 21-05-2011 13:16

Someone has to! Happy tasting Marilyn! :)

parsman 21-05-2011 13:23

favie

Thanks for the tip - read all the reviews on Tripadvisor and am satisfied that the general ambience of the hotel and the great staff service hasn't suffered.

Now looking forward even more to our visit.

Regards
Parsman

favie 21-05-2011 18:30

Bar Cappucinos

Hi Parsman,

You are more than welcome, thought you would be delighted to learn they are maintaining their usual high standards. :) Fabulous reviews.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS
Favie

Hi Nick,

I have actually been in Cappuccinos, down in Puerto Portals for lunch, had my "Holiday Head" on so didn't really take much notice of the prices. I do remember having a delightful meal though! They didn't have the same choice of restaurants that PP has and no Bahia! ;) ....but I dare say when I'm over I will give the PP one at least one visit, out of curiosity!:)

Nick 22-05-2011 20:57

Hi to you favie

I've been to the main one in Palma and the one at Puerto Andratx. You're probably right then re the pricing at Puerto Portals......you picked about the most expensive area on the planet to eat at!!!!

its cd 20-07-2011 21:30

Sitting havibg s cafe con leche at capuchino following Lovelly meal at bar coral

Cafe con leche = 2.55 euros which is precisely 5cents dearer than illa for and so not the extortionate price previously posted

Music great atmosphere chilled

Coffee in small cups but tastes really good

Inside looks fantasic and I will certainly love to dot in there on cool autumn evenings

Belladonna 20-07-2011 21:39

Oh lucky you! Am playing CD 1 from their collection at the moment strangely enough! Other than that, no similarity here at all in the rain.:( Have a great holiday.:)

kate1 21-07-2011 08:56

Wonder if they have reduced their prices - I'm positive a cafe con leche was significantly more than that when we were out in April.

debz1 21-07-2011 09:12

Kate we went in April and the cafe con leche was 2.25€.

From memory I think a cappuccino was about 4.50€ which is maybe the price you remember.

Belladonna 21-07-2011 09:27

Think you're right Debs. Its obviously their signature coffee drink with price to match! ;)

kate1 21-07-2011 10:23

Thanks, Debz - should have looked more carefully as this is what put me off having a coffee there! I don't drink cappuccino anyway so will definitely give it a go for a cafe con leche.

cumberland8 14-08-2011 09:43

Firstly what a fantastic job they have made of the decor in this place the finishing is superb.Unfortunatly we preferred the old Ses Pins which we felt was very beautifull older style order, before the re-furb, but thats just us.
However what we did notice over a 4 week period was many empty seats, compared to all the other gaffs on the front ,which must be worrying to the owners .
Despite all this we ventured in for replenishments, staff were ok, service fine , although the Wi Fi was not working (we were told afterwoods this was a regular occurence).
When the bill arrived it very quickly became apparent why they have empty seats, wow! it is very, very expensive, so although that will be our last visit, I would reccomend it for our wealthier boarders, after all someone has to pay for the re-furb.

CliffB 15-08-2011 13:10

Visited Cuppoccino bar last week,one Vodka and tonic / one Vodka and Fanta lemon, 18 euros and 60 cents,we did get a small bowl of peanuts.Couldn't believe the price was correct so in holiday mode had a second round ,this time 19 euros and 40 cents and no peanuts.Only visited the place once ,all I spoke to said the same,the place has a lovely ambience but is a complete rip off. Same drinks in Daina 12 euros,Miramar 10 euros.

portbar 15-08-2011 14:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by CliffB (Post 63219)
Visited Cuppoccino bar last week,one Vodka and tonic / one Vodka and Fanta lemon, 18 euros and 60 cents,we did get a small bowl of peanuts.Couldn't believe the price was correct so in holiday mode had a second round ,this time 19 euros and 40 cents and no peanuts.Only visited the place once ,all I spoke to said the same,the place has a lovely ambience but is a complete rip off. Same drinks in Daina 12 euros,Miramar 10 euros.

The majority of people will only visit this place once and leave feeling exactly the same as you ripped off, but the damage goes further holidaymakers will return home and tell all their friends , family and workmates about how they got ripped off in Puerto Pollensa :mad::mad:

Ps I assume you did not buy one of their "must have cd's" then :rolleyes::rolleyes:

graham 15-08-2011 14:45

I think it's a great addition to PP. Ok it's a little more expensive than most. But you're paying for the decor, the ambience, the music and the style. Those who like it will pay a little more and those who don't will stay away. That's what makes a market.

The big added bonus is seeing the guy who used to work at Es Convent in Alcudia. He is charm personified. An absolutely delightful man.

Nick 15-08-2011 19:32

How is someone "ripped off" if they have a price menu in front of them or can ask the cost ???

It is expensive I agree but it's a nice place to go. Clean, smart and new.

You can always walk on by......