Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   Scottish Brunch at La Font del Gall, Pollensa. (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/696-scottish-brunch-la-font-del-gall-pollensa.html)

JH02JLH 04-09-2007 06:12

Scottish Brunch at La Font del Gall, Pollensa.

I'd normally make do with a pastry and a cup of coffee at the Cafe Espanyol on market day in Pollensa, but this year we decided to have a treat and eat brunch at La Font del Gall.

We'd missed breakfast completely, so after wandering around the stalls of the market on a very hot Sunday morning, it was a lovely relief to sink into one of the chairs at La Font del Gall and let them make us brunch.

We had a lovely meal - hubby and I went for the full works which included haggis, egg, potato scone, toast, bacon, tomato and Scottish sausage. The children had sausage and bacon baguettes. The food was beautifully cooked and served by a friendly waiter and it was a real delight to sit and watch people wandering by enjoying market day in the old town.

I have a feeling we'll be doing it again next year!

Jane:b

BonysLad 05-09-2007 18:41

Jane,

Enjoyed the reviews but what the hell is a scottish sausage ?

Ain't that a haggis ????

Don't wish to incite the woaded ones ( I did enough of that last year during the World Cup !!!!!) but how are they diffferent to a good old Lincolnshire porker ??

Are the folks running this place from over Hadrians wall ?

I think we should be told !!!!!

BonysLad ( an ignorant sassenach !!!!) :eek :eek

JH02JLH 05-09-2007 19:48

Ah, Bonsylad! You have me laughing here!

OK, maybe I should have used the proper name as described on the menu - lorne.

It was a square slice of sausage. For a recipe, have a look here:;)

www.rampantscotland.com/recipes/blrecipe_sliced.htm

Glad you enjoy the reviews!

Jane:D

PS - Ooops! Yes, La Font del Gall is Scottish-run and they have haggis on the main dinner menu as a starter, I think.:b

Jimbo the Jambo 05-09-2007 23:50

Boyslad,

Aye laddie, just when you thought you were safe!!

It was Lorne sausage that Jane refered to not that English local produce is to be ignored.

Hope life is being good to you and yours.

Are you looking forward to the rugby World Cup? any decent team catching your eye?

cheers,

jimbo

BonysLad 06-09-2007 00:36

RE:SCOTTISH BRUNCH AT LA FONT DEL GALL

Jimbo,

Good grief, whatever next ? A square sausage ????

You'll be telling me the world's flat next, mate !!!!!

We set up the Scottish Parliament so you could talk happily amongst yourselves and this is the result !!!!!

Off the China tomorrow ,mate, til the end of the month so expect to see the "Famous Grouse" all tucked up in their nests in Scotland by the time I'm back !!!!!

Fairs, Fair though we'll be about a week later !!!!! Looks like the men in black to me !!!!!

Trust all is well with you and yours ?

BonysLad :rollin :rollin :rollin

Jane,

Really am going to give the old Font de Gall a whirl now on me next visit . Are the eggs oval ???

Jimbo the Jambo 06-09-2007 03:45

Re: RE:SCOTTISH BRUNCH AT LA FONT DEL GALL

Bonseylad,
Oh dear oh dear, no longer 'The Famous Grouse' Escotia's finest is now sponsered by "His Magnificence" Mr.David Murray of that ilk...Murray Metals. A small scrap metal company that you boys at the treasury may have missed now and again.

As is the business of life, mr. Murray has breathed life into many ventures, including Glasgow Rangers, and, with a fair wind etc. into the old oval ball kickers at Murrayfield??????? is there a connection here?

Anyway, have a safe trip bonsylad, and i look forward to our usual riposts.

A safe journey, and safe return.

Regards,

jimbo

Lala70w 06-09-2007 14:57

Hi Jane,

Really enjoying all your restaurant posts :p Not sure what to do about hubby's 40th after reading your helpful review of Stay :rolleyes I want that meal to be special - but I'm probably worrying too much. He'll just be happy to be in PP!

I'm not sure about your brunch at La Font Del Gall though! Being a Scot I wouldn't touch Lorne sausage with a barge-pole! :rollin Soaks up all the grease - yuck! :x and as for HAGGIS for breakfast! :eek Quick get me a tagamet! Now - black pudding would be acceptable...

Lala ;)

JH02JLH 06-09-2007 17:34

:rollin

I take the opportunity to eat haggis whenever I can!! But I have to admit it gave me terrible heartburn for the rest of the day!

Jane:D

Jimbo the Jambo 07-09-2007 00:09

Jane,

Pour a good single malt over your haggis, it may not stop the heartburn but you will feel better.

cheers,

jimbo

snowy2007 07-09-2007 01:51

What a waste of a good malt :eek :eek

Jimbo the Jambo 07-09-2007 04:30

Snowy,

Nae laddie, you cannot waste a good malt, it can only improve a bad situation ??

Cheers,

jimbo