Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-09-2010, 17:49
Under Moderation

Default Font del Gall

Hi! We visit the Font Del Gall every time we are in PP. A meal for €15?. Was this lunch or dinner? We are going out on Saturday for 2 weeks and cannot wait!!
Sponsored Links
Old 19-09-2010, 12:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayasgran View Post
Hi! We visit the Font Del Gall every time we are in PP. A meal for €15?. Was this lunch or dinner? We are going out on Saturday for 2 weeks and cannot wait!!
Hi Mayasgran! yes 15€ for the 3 course set menu (12€ two courses) We paid extra for wine/ water and coffees so in total the bill came to about 60€. I had fennel pea and pesto risotto to start, OH had pate. For mains we both had belly of pork which was served with tumbet...absolutely delicious! No pud for me but hubby had a selection of ice cream served with a brandy snap. Amazing value and portion sizes were very good
Old 22-09-2010, 11:46

Default Its a Sunday thing - Part Two!

Why do we always try to cram everything in on the last day, and the night before!!?

Having come back from the dead since I'lla D'or and fresh air, we then had to clean apartment - very slowly - then decided to go out for our last meal.

Font De Gall had not been visited for a while, so that's where we decided to go for our final taste of Mallorca.
It was late to go out by our standards, about 8.30 ish, but obviously that's a normal time for restaurants to be at their busiest.
We arrived at La Font to see all the tables taken outside already, but as we walked in and tentatively asked if there was a table for two, the smiling waitress directed us to one in the corner, which could only be described as - in the linen cupboard!!
Those who know La Font know exactly where I mean.
I placed myself with my back to the shelves, so I avoided that view and just had the view of the two posters which told in no uncertain terms that smoking was not allowed! Well, I don't think anyone would anyway in a linen cupboard!

There were only the two waitresses front of house, and outside was full, and also inside was pretty busy too. They were obviously over worked, but still smiling. However, it did unfortunately show in the extremely slow service.
The bread basket was eventually plonked down on the table, with two teeny bits of butter in a dish plonked on top of the bread. Done with a smile admitedly, but not particularly professional.

Their 2 course meal is 15.90 euros and the 3 course 19.90 euros. Drinks are not included though, which can push the price up obviously. That night however we were still t-total!

We had an amuse bouche of salmon fishcake and tomatoe relish which was delicious. I noticed that not every table had the same amuse bouche, which is interesting.
For starters we both had the chicken liver pate served with oatcakes. Very tasty, but could have done with a couple more oatcakes as they were very generous with the pate.
Hubby went for the belly of pork for the main course, which was wonderful and had the best crackling I had tasted for a long time.
I had the chicken stuffed with haggis, which was gorgeous, and plentyful.

The timings between courses was quite a bit longer than comfortable, and although we would have loved to have had a dessert, we just couldn't wait around for much longer. People were actually coming in from outside to pay their bill, and the table next to us waited half an hour for their coffee.

Coffee was followed by a complimentary Brandy Alexander which was lovely and chilled, but we only had a sip or two for reasons previously mentioned!

We do like this restaurant and the food cannot be faulted in any way.
I would however, prefer not to sit in the linen cupboard to eat it, and maybe I will stop trying to get served quickly anywhere on a Sunday!
Old 19-01-2011, 11:05

Does anyone have any info of the Font Del Gall this year, I know it is up for sale, their webpage is still active so I am hoping it is not sold before our next visit, I know this is selfish as they want to sell, but it will be such a shame to lose another well loved excellent restaurant in the area

On island time!!
Old 19-01-2011, 17:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by sws97sdg View Post
Does anyone have any info of the Font Del Gall this year, I know it is up for sale, their webpage is still active so I am hoping it is not sold before our next visit, I know this is selfish as they want to sell, but it will be such a shame to lose another well loved excellent restaurant in the area
Why are these aparently "well loved" and "excellent" restaurants being sold?

Are owners making a killing or are rents being raised by greedy landlords as in PP??

My FlickR Photos
Old 20-01-2011, 09:14

I could be wrong but a few years ago, just after the restaurant opened, we were talking to the owner and got the impression that the they were using the location as a "starter" and wanted to progress to a bigger site as and when appropriate. The present unit doesn't lend itself to expansion and I hope (if it is true that it is for sale) the owners stay in the area.
Old 20-01-2011, 09:59

we were Speaking to the owners last year, I think this case is different, they have a young family and are moving back here for the schooling etc. In answer to your questions Hola I would assume it is the second not the first case, what ever happens I hope it stays as a restaurant its lovely inside and would make a great chic boutique hotel

On island time!!
Old 20-01-2011, 10:10

Good point - the linen cupboard is already in place!