Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   Neptuno closing. (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/6931-neptuno-closing.html)

Sparky 11-01-2011 21:55

Neptuno closing.

I have it on very good authority that Neptuno Tapas Bar is to close, the owner has decided that after 33 years it is time to retire. I know many of you will miss the place, it was a bit of an institution and really is the end of an era.
I would like to wish Martin a long and happy retirement.

PP76 11-01-2011 22:15

Very sorry to hear this news and join you in wishing Martin a long and happy retirement, we remember it since it's early days and have had many lovely lunches sitting watching the world go by.:(

PP76

Lorenzo 11-01-2011 23:10

Neptuno

Oh dear - that is dreadful news Sparky! There is nowhere quite like it for tapas and a great local atmosphere.
boo hoo!:(

Rab 12-01-2011 08:35

Wont one of the sons take it on? Surely Neptuno is a profittable business?

Belladonna 12-01-2011 09:52

That is a shame. The Pollensa Poppets will now have to find another meeting place!:cool:

pollensafan 12-01-2011 10:25

Having just seen this post i am GUTTED. I loved this place with a passion. Thats my day ruined.

Sparky 12-01-2011 10:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rab (Post 53382)

Rab, i have been hearing rumours from expats and locals for a couple of weeks
but my husband saw the one of the sons yesterday who confirmed it, so i don't think there is any chance of any of them keeping it going.:(

sunny 12-01-2011 11:36

One word Gutted :(

marilyn 12-01-2011 11:42

What a great pity. Nowhere else quite like it in PP. Have enjoyed many delightful lunches there.

its cd 12-01-2011 13:21

My very first memory of Neptuno was about 16 years ago when it was rare to find anywhere that showed english football ............. we happened upon a game being shown on their small TV over the bar ...... I think it was a european match, Man U vs someone .............. anyway we bought a few drinks and strained to watch the little telly .............. for ages the guy behind the bar kept waving at us and pointing to a door ........... eventually I went and asked him why he kept waving and he opened the door to the storeroom at the back and there were about a dozen people sitting amongst all the stored items and food watching the game on a much bigger TV. So me, my dad and Mr CD took ourselves off into the back room, watched the game with at least 4 different nationalities many of the old men not really understanding why a girl was interested in football, and had a great time ....... only problem was that the TV was on top of the chest freezer so every now and agaim it had to be lifted up to retrieve required items.

Of course we have been in there for Tapas and drinks since, the lat time being last October when 6 of us were leaving on the same day that other members of our family were arriving and we had a great big family "hello/goodbye" lunch

Lets hope something appropriate repkaces it and also lets hope whoever takes it over keeps some of the old Neptuno alive

portbar 12-01-2011 13:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rab (Post 53382)

Interestingly enough Jako was looking around the newly built local next to bar imperial last week

Sparky 12-01-2011 14:05

But Jako is one of the partners at Laguna.

Cocoa07 12-01-2011 18:09

Very sad news. We never went in the evening but had a few lunches there. My husband used to talk football with Jako when he was there as he too is a big Barca fan. We did notice that it was very quiet last year - usually the majority of tables were full at lunchtime but there were only a few in use on the occasions we were there.

mpg.mk1 12-01-2011 18:30

Absolutely devastated!
This was the last of the traditional tapas bars. We often called in for a drink after leaving the beach. On more than one ocassion we ended up staying well into the evening and left we fed and watered. Felt really comfortable inside with the locals and this place had a charm of it's own. Is there any where else like it in the port?
Must admit last year we wondered how Hibiscus across the street survived as there were very few customers, but Neptuno's seemed to be ticking over nicely.
A sad day indeed

kate1 12-01-2011 19:18

There is of course the new tapas restaurant opening this Spring where L'Olivera used to be - La Cabana. There was a recent thread about this. Sounds like it might be good - so hopefully fill the gap left by Neptuno. And Stay started doing tapas at lunchtime last summer - they weren't too expensive and sounded authentic. A real shame about Neptuno though - PP needs more traditional places like this, not less.