Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2011, 13:50

Default Where Can I Get a GREAT cup of Coffee?

It's hard to beat the Italy for a great authentic coffee but finding the same flavour and aroma elsewhere is difficult. Where in the Port can I get a great coffee?.
I like flat whites, two shots of coffee topped with full cream, warm (not hot! milk) and strong cappuccinos - but not a huge cup of tasteless overheated milk.

Where are the Baristas?

Adios

Dave
Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-2011, 00:33

Illa D'or coffee is a favourite of mine .... but I am not sure whether it actually tastes the best or that I just love the setting and it is just filled with years of fantastic memories.

Another ( unlikely ) pretty decent cup of coffee can be had from the Spar shop on the Formentor Road, so long as you make it clear that you want a proper amount of coffee ( I guess they are used to us brits asking for it to be made with mas leche, so they default to that approach unless you request othewise. ) not as good a view as the Illa D'or but a great place to pick up a take away or just grab a quick coffee whilst downloading your mail via their wifi.

But I think the BEST is from the downstairs Cantina at la Llonga .......... especially in the winter months when the sun is low enough to shine into the seating area under the arches which in turn provide shelter from the often cold winter wind.

From Memory - Illa D'or is 2.40 euros; Spar is 1.50euros; La Llonga is 1.75euros
Old 06-05-2011, 09:41

Dave, sounds like you need an ice cream parlour if you drink your coffee like that !!

Only kid din cos most coffee is drunk black here or occasionally as a cortado.

In addition to CDs recommendations try some of the more elaborate cafes such as Cappuccino, Cafe S'Algar in the square or Grand Cafe on the front.

Get that caffeine in you !

BonysLad
Old 06-05-2011, 09:47
Super Moderator

Personally i always drink my coffee, very strong and black (no sugar or sweeteners), i used to love Neptuno coffee. I believe Maxim's Bistro serve a pretty good one.
Old 06-05-2011, 13:07

Default A good cup of coffee

It's difficult to beat the coffee at Ca'n Moixet (Bar des Espagnols) in old Pollensa - plus it's the best place for people watching and soaking up the atmosphere. They have delicious ensaimadas too - but only if you are quick off the mark!

Los Faroles in Puerto Pollensa also serve really good coffee - as does Little Italy on the Pine Walk.
(Just a shame that Little Italy does not open at breakfast time.)
Old 06-05-2011, 14:00

Also in the town Bar Numero Ocho also does lovely Cafe solo or doble, I agree strong and black

On island time!!
Old 06-05-2011, 16:49

I don't think I have ever had a bad cup of coffee in PP or the old town... either con leche or cortado. On our way from the airport we always stop off at either the Monument cafe in the old town or, if that is full, the Juma in the Square. Never fails to get the holiday off to a good start.

The best coffee we had this April was actually in the cafe at Lluc - they also had the most fantastic ensaimadas and almond cake.

A cortado is also a lot cheaper (although smaller) than the larger con leche. It's definitely the option to go for if you want to drink at Bar Cappuccino!

One very strange thing I have found is that while I am unable to drink more than one cup of coffee in the UK - it has an unfortunate effect which I won't go into - I can drink any amount of the stuff in Mallorca... Don't know whether this is psychological, or just that the coffee is a different (possibly milder) blend.
Old 07-05-2011, 08:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemical Dave View Post
It's hard to beat the Italy for a great authentic coffee but finding the same flavour and aroma elsewhere is difficult. Where in the Port can I get a great coffee?.
I like flat whites, two shots of coffee topped with full cream, warm (not hot! milk) and strong cappuccinos - but not a huge cup of tasteless overheated milk.

Where are the Baristas?

Adios

Dave
Hi Dave

I dont drink coffee normally...but the first and best cappuccino I have ever had was in Italy in Soliari (spelling?) near Modena many years ago. Like you, I like it strong and not the bland, insipid, sickly stuff you usually get. I did have an excellent one in Cafe 1919 near the marina in PP (and I know some people are quite scathing about 1919, but its all a matter of taste I suppose), and we were with some PP Mallorcan friends who recommended it. (It was a very small cup though!)

Rosie
Old 07-05-2011, 20:30

Thanks all for your suggestions, a lot of places to try.

CD - I love the Illa D'or too. I think I would enjoy drinking warm dishwater on their terrace. Although I have been there a few times, never tried their coffee. I will try it next time. Spar and El Cantina are interesting places to try also.

BL, yes some coffees can look like an ice cream that you need a spoon for!. Definitely going try save up for a cap at Cappuccinos and agree, Cafe 1919 is good.

I have tried C'an Moixnet before and it is great value. Perhaps I will do a coffee report when I get back!

Adios

Dave

PS the awning does say Cafe Espanyol (I have photographic evidence...........)