Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   Restuarants in PP Old Town (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/691-restuarants-pp-old-town.html)

pollokshieldsgirl 22-09-2007 06:59

Restuarants in PP Old Town

Hi, I'm off to PP this Sunday morning. I'm interested in going into the old town perhaps for a nice meal. I'm staying in the Sis Pins. How do you get to the old town fom here (the Sis Pins I belive is on the sea front near the Pine Walk). Can you walk from here?

Thanks, Liz.

its cd 22-09-2007 07:05

Hi

YOu could walk from the Sin Pins to Pollensa Town ...... but not in posh frock and shoes ............ it's about 3 miles

Taxi's are only about 6 Euros , so not a problem

Well worth the visit

JH02JLH 22-09-2007 07:09

Hi,

It's not possible to walk to the Old Town for an evening out (maybe you could do it during the day by taking the back roads, but I wouldn't recommend it at night!)

It's about a ten minute drive away and the best way, if you're not hiring a car, is by taxi.

The taxi rank in the old town is near to the bottom of the main market square. Just head up to the square and take your pick of bars and restaurants.

If you want any more recommendations, then take a look at the Restaurant reference thread...there's a separate section for Pollensa old town.

Main restaurants include:

Il Giardino
Clivia
Ca'n Costa
Ca N'Olesa
Ca'l Lloro
La Posada d'Ariant
Trencadora
Cantonet
La Fonda
Bar Nou
El Molino
El Temple
La Font del Gall
Eu Centro
Lulu's

and maybe more that I've missed!

Have a great holiday!

Jane:D

JH02JLH 22-09-2007 07:10

cd,

Great minds think alike!!!!

Jane:D

Joanne 22-09-2007 19:33

When we go to the Old Town we go up by bus 1.10 euros I think the buses run till about 8pm and then get a taxi back

jiggggy 10-04-2008 15:24

Can anyone tell me whereabout, in Pollenca, Trencadora is?

debz1 10-04-2008 16:06

jiggy if you are standing in the main square (with the church in the top left corner) you want to walk down the road that is at the top right of the square Does that make sense ? Good directions eh!! :confused: ie you walk along from the church passed Cafe Espanol and keep walking. Trencadora is about 2 mins walk away..in amongst houses so away from the main square. We haven't been for a while as the last time we went it was new owners and the food wasn't good. I'm not sure if it's changed hands or even still open!!

Lala70w 10-04-2008 17:14

Actually Debz or Jane - you might know? Our villa this year is just off the roundabout on the way into Pollenca town (I'm promised it is quiet and not on the road side) - the nearest street seems to be Carre Del mar. The spiel says "10 mins walk to the square" - do you think that sounds about right? Will it be a walk along a busy road or nicer? Are there any restaurants that you know of which are a bit nearer? A bakers or grocers? (I see that Balaxia has closed but looking at the map that looked quite nearish) Also - what's the nearest supermarket - is there one near Balaxia?

I need to plan it all now - there's only 11 weeks to go!:o

Your expert help would be fab! :)

Lala

(sorry if in the wrong place Zelda - couldn't see anywhere else to post this)

PP76 10-04-2008 19:18

The supermarket is in front of the Balaxia.

PP76

Mark 10-04-2008 23:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lala70w (Post 19469)
the nearest street seems to be Carre Del mar. The spiel says "10 mins walk to the square" -

Lala

Hello Lala,

If you are near Calle del mar, ( the green arrow on this map)
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl...16801&t=h&z=16

its only a short walk into the square ( and a pleasant stagger back later..)

There is a traditional old bakery ( called formentor bakery I think) on that road or very near it and other local non touristy type shops.

Its a quiet side of town to be, mainly locals on the little streets around there as the tourists with hire cars get lost in the one way system :)

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl...,0.008401&z=17

Mark

Lala70w 11-04-2008 08:51

Thanks Mark :) Good to know that it is near enough to be handy but in a quiet area.

We will no doubt be amongst the tourists who get lost! Last year we got lost in the back streets on foot! Well - lost the car anyway. When we found it we had a NIGHTMARE drive through the old town streets - NEVER again :eek: scary squeezing through narrow streets with parked cars! :eek:

jiggggy 12-04-2008 16:41

Thanks for the directions, Debz. (i think:D )

debz1 13-04-2008 00:20

jiggggy after a couple of beers the directions will seem clear :confused:...

I think!

sandradee 13-04-2008 17:15

Hiya all

Nos sure if I have got this right - anyway -here goes first time in pollensa town - what is is like at night town -dead or alive

JH02JLH 13-04-2008 17:57

Hi Sandra!

I think Pollensa town is very much alive at night! Especially the main square which gets very busy in the summer with people eating and drinking in the restaurants and bars. We're not talking Magaluf busy - just a very pleasant and happy atmosphere as tourists and locals mingle.

What I like best is sitting at the Cafe Espanyol and enjoying a drink and watching the older folk of Pollensa taking their coffees or whatever and wondering what their lives have been like over the years.

Then I like to go to one of the many restaurants in Pollensa and have a good meal - there are lots to choose from, just check out the reviews!

Sometimes, after our meal, we'll wander over to the Bar Juma and have a nightcap and even between 10-11pm there's still a good buzz as people relax at the end of the evening. And walking back to the car parked on the edge of the town, some of the bars are full of locals! It's a wonderful place!

Jane:)