Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26-09-2007, 15:53

Default Little Italy

Little Italy has been a favourite of ours since it first opened in 2000. It is run by a French/ Italian team of very friendly staff and the location is fantastic - half way along the Pine Walk looking across the water.

It's great for lunch when you can relax with a cold glass of something as you can watch the people on the beach :lol
Great at night too - especially romantic if you can grab a front candle-lit table.

Menu is very straightforwards - and they certainly know how to stick to what they do best - pasta, salad - and in our opinion the most authentic tasting Italian pizzas in PP.

We had a lovely, simple meal on the last night of our hol - what a great way to say goodbye to PP for another year, looking out across the water under the stars.

Food and service as always were great. Hubby had cream of courgette soup - delicious - and I had a huge salad Caprese - lovely - with beautiful fresh mozzarella and tasty tomatoes. Next Pizza and pasta - both yummy. An amaretto ice cream and a coffee, 2 beers, water and a yummy bottle of macia Batle 2004 Crianza. Total bill 60 euros. Great value and the new addition of a knowledgeable wine waiter this year most appreciated.

If going at night - best book. They could have filled the tables twice over.

Lala
Sponsored Links
Old 27-09-2007, 01:04
Linzzzz

I absolutely agree about Little Italy. I tried it for the first time this year and was very impressed. I had a delicious pasta with gorgonzola & jamon serrano - it was to die for.

Definitely book a table though, as it's packed every night.

Little bit of trivia, the guy who works there (I forget his name) is Jon Pertwee's nephew!
Old 27-09-2007, 01:46

Default Re Little Italy

Hi Linzzzz!

Great to hear from you again!

One long journey for you to go to PP!

Glad you enjoyed Little Italy.

Porto
Old 27-09-2007, 04:40

Had a wonderful pizza in Little Italy with pesto instead of the usual tomato paste topping. Chels also said the lasagne was fantastic.

Linzzzz was very interested in your trivia!! Is the guy the hunk with the amazing blue eyes?

This is my bit of trivia We often used to see Jon Pertwee at Pollensa market on a Sunday (this is going back 18 years or so) My mum used to go to boarding school (Frensham Heights)with him.. going back a lot more years! One Sunday he was sitting in Bar Espanol when my daughter aged about 6 spotted him and cried out 'Mummy there's Worzel Gummage' He laughed out loud and then came over and said hello. I thought I might as well mention the connection and we had a long chat. The following year he was in Bar Juma when we walked past..he spotted us and rushed over and announced to his friends 'This is the daughter of my first girlfriend!' He even phoned my mum up on her Golden wedding anniversay.She always used to say that he was a devil at school..was never quite sure what she meant

A lovely man and missed around Pollensa..he was always very distinctive with his cream linen suit,long white hat and panama hat!

Debs
Old 27-09-2007, 06:21
Linzzzz

Hi Porto - yes it IS a long way - 6,000 miles to be exact! That's the lure of PP .... I just can't seem to stay away!

Debz,

No it's not the hunk! Actually it's the little guy who's the nephew - not sure if he's the owner? Anyway it's funny how he told us who he was. We popped in there to book a table and he said what name and we said "Sally" and he said oh as in "Aunt Sally". So we thought how on earth would someone here know about Aunt Sally and that's how his explanation came out about his famous uncle! He said he grew up in PP.

I also remember seeing Jon Pertwee in the port a couple of times in the 80's - wearing the same linen suit & hat!
Old 05-04-2008, 16:11

Default Little Italy :)

I love L I too AMAZING caesar salad
Old 06-04-2008, 09:23

Default little litaly

Just back , we know Litte Italy is great buy avoid in the summer because just too full ......... however, had a fantastic meal n a lovelly April evening

Tell you what though, you live and learn ..... I had always marvelled at how great the "italian" guy's french was ........... now I know ........... he is french ........ der
Old 06-04-2008, 10:30

One of my favourites after stumbling in one slightly chilly night in May. I tend to eat Mallorquin/ Spanish food when in PP, but now make sure I take my lads, good lady and mallorquin friends to Little Italy at least once every visit.
Old 06-04-2008, 21:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by its cd View Post
I had always marvelled at how great the "italian" guy's french was ........... now I know ........... he is french ........ der
Hi CD - He explained it to us one night. It goes something like - he is French, his business partner is Italian and some of the staff are Mallorquin. The French and the Italian staff speak to each other in English or Spanish. The French guy - who is very charming - speaks perfect English but always seems to have a problem understanding me. He says it's my Scottish accent but I don't have a very strong Scottish accent!