Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28-07-2009, 11:57
Under Moderation

Default Ca'n Josep - The Best Restaurant in PP

A must when visiting Puerto Pollensa. The food is exquisite and the views magnificient. My family (Hughes) have visited PP for the last 7 years. Ca'n Josep is our opinion is the best restaurant in PP. A wide range of delicious food (the octopus starter is a must). The steaks are sublime and the fish magnificient and cooked to perfection.

The owner Josep is both professional and friendly and nothing is too much trouble. Ca'n Josep will order any fish (even if not on the menu) as a special request. Josep made our time in PP this year extra special and each visit the food became better and better (even though we didnt imagine this could be possible).

My family ate at Josep's every evening we went out. The atmosphere is fantastic and the house white wine is a local wine and crisp, dry and utterly delicious. The staff are efficient but take time to make sure you have everything you desire. A wonderful place in a wonderful location.

Thank you Josep, cant wait to visit you again next year!
Steve, Carole, Charlotte and Ruby!
Sponsored Links
Old 28-07-2009, 13:50

Sorry but what a waste all the smashing eating places but you eat in only one, you might just as well eat in the apartment.
I do hope if you go back next year you will try some of the others they all need to make a living or fold.
Old 28-07-2009, 14:08

Hi CharRuby

Thanks for posting your review and welcome. We had a lovely long lunch in Ca'n Josep last Saturday - our last day - and were sorry we hadn't eaten there before. The food and service were excellent, and as you say, the view from the terrace is magnificent. It was the perfect end to our holiday and made it even harder to leave. I look forward to eating there again on my next visit.

LK
Old 28-07-2009, 15:12

Hi CR,

Welcome to the Forum! Wish I had tried Ca'n Josep now. Was on the list but we ran out of time/ stomachs!! Next year maybe.

Lala
Old 28-07-2009, 20:09

Good for you CharRuby! If you like somewhere, why not keep going back? In two recent weeks in PP my family ate at C'an Josep three times and thoroughly enjoyed the food and service.

I must admit that I enjoy trying different places but am usually drawn back to reliable favourites. Glad you had such a good experience.

Duncan
Old 01-08-2009, 20:43

Default C'an Josep

Just returned from our umpteenth vacation to PP, we knew that C'an Josep was newly opened this year and already heard great things.
The meals we had were excellent in quality and value. We had various meals from the menu, my favourites being the mushroom and ham starter and either the Mallorcan cod or the shoulder of lamb.
Josep is an excellent host, frendly and courteous and the same should be said for the staff.
We will invariably return to PP next year at some point, we hope that C'an Josep, (and all the other great eating places we visited) survives these dificult times.

Steve and Pat
Old 01-08-2009, 21:55

Hi CharRuby

Lovely to read your post endorsing a great new restaurant to PP, we went there in May and thoroughly enjoyed our meal. I dont blame you to sticking to it through your hoilday as when you re travelling with children it makes it a whole lot easier if you go somewhere that you know is good , they like and will it all in front of them . We will be popping in again when we re back in a couple of weeks .

Pansy
Old 07-08-2009, 02:06

Default Ca'n Josep

We too had the pleasure of eating at Ca'n Josep this summer. We holiday with friends who had eaten there in April and were very happy to find that their description of the high quality of both the food and the service was totally justified. My husband was so impressed with the roast shouder of lamb that he ate it twice (not on the same night I hasten to say!). My platter of roast vegetables starter was almost big enough to eat as a main course and delicious. Indeed my friend loved the warm goat cheese salad starter so much that she had it served as her main course. We are now looking forward to returning to sample more delights. The decor is modern but not stark, the seating comfortable and Josep is a delight, endessly courteous and anxious to make sure you enoy the whole experience. Roll on October!
Old 07-08-2009, 19:39

Really glad everybody has enjoyed it. Just had a feeling back in early April
(see my review " Joes Place" that this might be the hit of 2009 )

Hell of a gamble to spend so much on a restaurant in these times but sounds like it has paid off.

BonysLad
Old 08-08-2009, 19:31

Default the most expensive prawns

After reading the reviews on Ca,n Josep, decided to give it a try for lunch, As reported, friendly staff, food nice but the prawn cocktail at 9 euros was a bit steep. Their were about 6-8 small shrimps in a small dish with lettuce and tomato, that equates to 1 euro per prawn/shrimp.Beware.
Old 08-08-2009, 19:35

In these days of hardship for all, why are some restaurants so short sighted?!
Old 08-08-2009, 20:09

GPM...i am surprised at that as it seemed portion sizes were normally more than adequate- did you say anything about it at the time ?
Old 08-08-2009, 21:26

You are right Cath, Perhaps if we had the courage to complain at the time it would be better and constructive. I personally find it hard to do so as it can be somewhat embarrassing. My husband would but that too would be embarrassing!!
It is well and good complaining on this site but if the people who should know, don't know then there would be little gain.
I think that should I have cause to feel unhappy in the future I will try to speak my mind at the time.....we will see!
Old 08-08-2009, 21:59

CATHB, As the prawn cocktail wasn,t on the starter menu, I was expecting a main portion and ordered soup for my starter. To be honest the guy was busy and a nice host, I didn,t want to insult him, I only moan on the forum. GPM
Old 09-08-2009, 08:49

We had a similar experience back in July when one of our party ordered squid rings as a starter. All other starters came nicely presented but the squid were 5/6 soggy (frozen?) rings on a plate with nothing else, no salad, dressing or sauces, this was also quite expensive, although I cannot quite remember how much. The rest of the meal was fantastic and Josep was the perfect host. As the restaurant hadn't been open long then, I felt it was best to let Josep know how we felt about the disappointing starter. We did not do it in a complaining way but a quiet word as we paid the bill and explained that our critism was constructive. Josep told us that he would have a word with the chef.

Hopefully this was just an isolated incident and it certainly hasn't put me off going back.

How are the squid rings now anybody?

Last edited by whaleywanderer; 09-08-2009 at 09:01.