Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   Restaurants serving vegetarian food (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/6798-restaurants-serving-vegetarian-food.html)

sws97sdg 01-11-2010 14:22

Restaurants serving vegetarian food

List of restaurants with Vegetarian dishes

Old town
Ca n’Olesa
Scacco Matto
La trencadora
manzanas y peras
Eu Centro

Port
Tiberi
Tango
El Mojito
La Lonja
La Piazza
Kashmir
Makassar
Nostalgia.
Ca’n Josep
Celler La Parra
Hell’s Kitchen
Iru
Bellavista Pension
Luna Miel
Hotel Miramar
Laroc
C'an Balache
Little Italy
La Cabana
Manduca
El Posito
O Lume
Guru
Tolos
Tapas Tree
Take Eat Easy

List of restaurants that with notice can do Vegetarian dishes

Port
Stay

Useful phrases
Estamos vegetariano - We are vegetarian
Estoy vegetariano - I am Vegetarian
Este vegetariano? - Is this Vegetarian?
Tienen algun platillo vegetariano? - do you have any vegetarian dishes?

sws97sdg 01-11-2010 14:22

I thought I would start a thread with a definitive list of restaurants that have vegetarian options on their menus as marked with a V as well as places that can offer options is you request. If you know of any more that do let me know and I can update the list. Thanks

Mark 01-11-2010 14:45

Would it be worth splitting this into the old town and port ?

In the old town:

Eu Centro ( excellent tumbet and also vegetable Paella + maybe others)

Lu lu's wine bar and bistro

Mark.

sws97sdg 01-11-2010 14:49

Thanks Mark, ok I will, are they marked as vegetarian at these places?

Mark 01-11-2010 14:56

Not sure really and I cant remember, we just read the menu, would be good if more menus had the 'v' symbol,

My wife is vegetarian so it does cause a problem at some restaraunts when we are not sure what might arrive at the table :D

Mark.

sws97sdg 01-11-2010 17:00

Tell me about it Mark, I am hoping that this may encourage more to do that, it obviously isn't a guarantee but it would help, perhaps someone could confirm the two mentioned

sws97sdg 01-11-2010 17:34

Just to try and gauge how many Veggies visit Puerto Pollensa I have started an online poll, you can take part here if you like ..Are you a veggie

Portofan 01-11-2010 19:33

Hotel Miramar in it's Table d'Hote dinner each night offers a vegetarian dish among the mains.

sws97sdg 01-11-2010 19:45

Thanks Porto, I will add it to the list

Lorenzo 01-11-2010 20:26

Vegetarian food in PP

Hostal/Pension Bellavista in Carrer des Monges in Puerto Pollensa offers a totally vegetarian menu in its courtyard garden. Lovely fresh food served there, incorporating the best local ingredients. They also serve freshly squeezed juices as well as teas, coffees and other snacks. :D

debz1 01-11-2010 20:40

Stay always have a few veggie options on their menu del dia and the staff are always willing to adapt the menu. For example they will let you chose two veggie starters off the MDD and increase the size of one if you want it as a main course.

Stay Restaurant

sws97sdg 01-11-2010 21:34

Thanks Lorenzo, I have Bellavista down and I am looking forward to trying them out next time over, and thanks Debz I have Stay down as options available unless you know they definitely have marked V options as they didn't in the summer as we made a point of looking because of all the good reports, I'll look at their webpage

Belladonna 01-11-2010 21:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by sws97sdg (Post 51935)
Just to try and gauge how many Veggies visit Puerto Pollensa I have started an online poll, you can take part here if you like ..Are you a veggie

Evidently only 10 of us visit PP!!!:rolleyes:

sws97sdg 01-11-2010 21:43

Yep and 70% are veggies :eek:

Belladonna 01-11-2010 21:46

LOL! Tofu suckling pig and shoulder of lamb doesn't appear on the menus very often!;)

sws97sdg 01-11-2010 22:01

Speaking of tofu, the Chinese restaurant on the roundabout Luna Miel (spelling?) does tofu and a whole section of the menu for veggies I'll add them also

Belladonna 04-11-2010 10:35

Kashmir puts itself as veggie friendly, I suppose all indian restaurants will have a large selection of vegetarian options.

sws97sdg 13-01-2011 10:12

Just a reminder if you are visiting this year and find places not yet listed serving vegetarian food if you could let me know and I will add them to the list, especially the new restaurants that are opening if they do. The vote is still running, out of 19 replies 69% are veggie or have a veggie member of their party!

Pam and Dave 13-01-2011 21:31

Laroc, the Italian restaurant opposite Coral has some lovely veggie options on the menu and there's always a great selection of pizzas.( best in PP)

sws97sdg 13-01-2011 21:44

Thanks Pam and Dave, I will add it to the list, we have never eaten at either of them, but went past in the summer and both were full and buzzing

Tone 13-01-2011 22:42

Hi old friend :-)

sws97sdg 13-01-2011 22:52

Hi Tone mate, long time, are you heading over to PP this year?

clinz 01-03-2011 14:51

Just to concur, Laroc does lovely pasta dishes....but think best pizzas in PP must be Little Italy!

kate1 02-03-2011 10:28

Scacco Matte in the old town (in the square next to the main road) is a lovely Italian with veggie choices of pizza and pasta. Very affordable, too.

whaleywanderer 02-03-2011 11:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by clinz (Post 55017)
Just to concur, Laroc does lovely pasta dishes....but think best pizzas in PP must be Little Italy!

Tolos come a close 2nd for pizza.

sws97sdg 02-03-2011 11:58

IMHO the best pizzas in the area are in the town from Ca n'Olesas, best pizzas outside of Italy!

sws97sdg 21-03-2011 15:03

My youngest daughter who's 18 is vegan. Are there any vegetarian/vegan restaurants? I seem to remember one in the square, but that was probably about 10 years ago!

Hi again Clare, if you check the first post in this thread it lists the places serving Veggie food, there is more and more available each year so you should find something for her. Going back 20 years it was a lot more difficult to get veggie food and vegan wasn't even heard of there. Even now you may struggle to find a big choice of vegan options. I always asked for pizza sin queso which they did, just ask, most places will be only to pleased to make something for you if they can.
I am looking forward to trying Bellavista Pension in the port, this is vegetarian and I am sure there they will be able to help you there as well if you ask.
Hope you have a great time, report back how you got on if you like

Rosie34 22-03-2011 08:18

Yes - Bellavista is an excellent vegetarian restaurant with very unusual dishes - all delicious:) Just hope it doesnt get too popular now as there are not that many tables!

sws97sdg 29-04-2011 09:44

Adding a few more to the list after our last visit, this time there seemed to be far more choice for Vegetarians then ever before which is great :)

sws97sdg 18-05-2011 17:07

Just added Neptuno to the list, Sparky's pics of the menu show they will be serving veggie dishes which is excellent news :)

Sparky 18-05-2011 17:12

SWS i am glad you have bumped this thread, it's reminded me that El Posito now have Vegetarian Paella and Tumbet on the menu so no need to pre-order. :D

sws97sdg 19-05-2011 09:20

Great thanks for that Sparky I will move them to the other section, thats brilliant we will definitely have to try them this year :)

clinz 28-05-2011 23:14

i am veggie but fortunately love pizza and pasta! Tango did a fantastic veggie meal last year and Nico's do some very nice veggie food, something a bit different.

clinz 28-05-2011 23:17

Oh, and Laroc do some of the best pasta i have ever had (my non-veggie wife has best pasta ever there)...bit out of centre so not always know about.

zaccolbert 14-09-2011 13:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by sws97sdg (Post 51923)
List of restaurants with Vegetarian dishes

Old town
Ca n’Olesa
La Font del Gall
Scacco Matto

Port
Tiberi
Tango
El Mojito
La Lonja
La Piazza
Kashmir
Makassar
Ca’n Josep
Celler La Parra
Hell’s Kitchen
Iru
Bellavista Pension
Luna Miel
Hotel Miramar
Laroc
C'an Balache
Little Italy
La Cabana
Manduca
Neptuno
El Posito

List of restaurants that with notice can do Vegetarian dishes

Port
Stay

Useful phrases
Estamos vegetariano - We are vegetarian
Estoy vegetariano - I am Vegetarian
Este vegetariano? - Is this Vegetarian?
Tienen algun platillo vegetariano? - do you have any vegetarian dishes?

I thought i was going to have to spend ages online and trawling through forums to find a list of vegetarian friendly restaurants in Pollensa, but there you go posting the perfect list up, amazing! Thanks, very helpful, you've saved me tons of time too, now to pack!

Sparky 14-09-2011 13:30

Hi Zaccolbert, yes this forum has just about everything you need to know about the area and if you look at the link below you will even find the direction to get to the restaurants ;).
http://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/...irections.html

pescador2009 14-09-2011 16:43

Re. the posting by Zaccolbert above and the list of "useful phrases" at the bottom of the list of restuarants.
Now I did a little bit of night school Spanish a few years ago, but I am definately NOT a linguist! I, along with a few others, found it somewhat difficult but did persevere and it was worth it for the little I do remember - it comes back even more after a few cervezas!
The list of phrases reminded me of the perrenial question, 'Is it SER or is it ESTAR' they are both forms of the verb TO BE.
I understand that SER tells you what something is, ESTAR tells you what something does. Also, SER refers to a permanent condition, ESTAR refers to a temporary condition.
Always a complicated one to me and this/these are just the basics you learn for starters. How have you got on with your Spanish Sparky, any good tips?
And do you tend to use/pick up Spanish, Mallorquian or Catalan - or all three?
Makes you realise why a lot of people just stick to English, but I think it is appreciated if you try a bit of the local language now and again.

Sparky 14-09-2011 20:03

Clinkham, as a confirmed carnivore i don't use any of those phrases;).

barefoot 15-09-2011 08:17

Good reply Sparky! :D

Rosie34 15-09-2011 12:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by pescador/2009 (Post 64449)
Re. the posting by Zaccolbert above and the list of "useful phrases" at the bottom of the list of restuarants.
Now I did a little bit of night school Spanish a few years ago, but I am definately NOT a linguist! I, along with a few others, found it somewhat difficult but did persevere and it was worth it for the little I do remember - it comes back even more after a few cervezas!
The list of phrases reminded me of the perrenial question, 'Is it SER or is it ESTAR' they are both forms of the verb TO BE.
I understand that SER tells you what something is, ESTAR tells you what something does. Also, SER refers to a permanent condition, ESTAR refers to a temporary condition.
Always a complicated one to me and this/these are just the basics you learn for starters. How have you got on with your Spanish Sparky, any good tips?
And do you tend to use/pick up Spanish, Mallorquian or Catalan - or all three?
Makes you realise why a lot of people just stick to English, but I think it is appreciated if you try a bit of the local language now and again.

I studied Spanish GCSE a few years ago and have forgotten most of it and always determine to brush up before coming , but somehow never get round to it! The Ser and Estar verbs will alwyas cause confusion! From what I remember, you use estar when you are describing how you feel such as 'estoy cansada' or 'soy italiana' But there are so many variations, I think you would only get to know them 'intimately' if you spent a lot of time speaking Spanish.

But I think on this basis I think it shoud really be 'somos vegetarianos' but I couild be wrong!:D

But whatever, who cares, as long as we can make ourselves understood and the food is good.

Now where is that Spanish course so that I can get practising before next month:)