Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   Restaurants serving vegetarian food (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/6798-restaurants-serving-vegetarian-food.html)

sws97sdg 01-11-2010 14:22

Restaurants serving vegetarian food

List of restaurants with Vegetarian dishes

Old town
Ca n’Olesa
Scacco Matto
La trencadora
manzanas y peras
Eu Centro

Port
Tiberi
Tango
El Mojito
La Lonja
La Piazza
Kashmir
Makassar
Nostalgia.
Ca’n Josep
Celler La Parra
Hell’s Kitchen
Iru
Bellavista Pension
Luna Miel
Hotel Miramar
Laroc
C'an Balache
Little Italy
La Cabana
Manduca
El Posito
O Lume
Guru
Tolos
Tapas Tree
Take Eat Easy

List of restaurants that with notice can do Vegetarian dishes

Port
Stay

Useful phrases
Estamos vegetariano - We are vegetarian
Estoy vegetariano - I am Vegetarian
Este vegetariano? - Is this Vegetarian?
Tienen algun platillo vegetariano? - do you have any vegetarian dishes?

sws97sdg 01-11-2010 14:22

I thought I would start a thread with a definitive list of restaurants that have vegetarian options on their menus as marked with a V as well as places that can offer options is you request. If you know of any more that do let me know and I can update the list. Thanks

Mark 01-11-2010 14:45

Would it be worth splitting this into the old town and port ?

In the old town:

Eu Centro ( excellent tumbet and also vegetable Paella + maybe others)

Lu lu's wine bar and bistro

Mark.

sws97sdg 01-11-2010 14:49

Thanks Mark, ok I will, are they marked as vegetarian at these places?

Mark 01-11-2010 14:56

Not sure really and I cant remember, we just read the menu, would be good if more menus had the 'v' symbol,

My wife is vegetarian so it does cause a problem at some restaraunts when we are not sure what might arrive at the table :D

Mark.

sws97sdg 01-11-2010 17:00

Tell me about it Mark, I am hoping that this may encourage more to do that, it obviously isn't a guarantee but it would help, perhaps someone could confirm the two mentioned

sws97sdg 01-11-2010 17:34

Just to try and gauge how many Veggies visit Puerto Pollensa I have started an online poll, you can take part here if you like ..Are you a veggie

Portofan 01-11-2010 19:33

Hotel Miramar in it's Table d'Hote dinner each night offers a vegetarian dish among the mains.

sws97sdg 01-11-2010 19:45

Thanks Porto, I will add it to the list

Lorenzo 01-11-2010 20:26

Vegetarian food in PP

Hostal/Pension Bellavista in Carrer des Monges in Puerto Pollensa offers a totally vegetarian menu in its courtyard garden. Lovely fresh food served there, incorporating the best local ingredients. They also serve freshly squeezed juices as well as teas, coffees and other snacks. :D

debz1 01-11-2010 20:40

Stay always have a few veggie options on their menu del dia and the staff are always willing to adapt the menu. For example they will let you chose two veggie starters off the MDD and increase the size of one if you want it as a main course.

Stay Restaurant

sws97sdg 01-11-2010 21:34

Thanks Lorenzo, I have Bellavista down and I am looking forward to trying them out next time over, and thanks Debz I have Stay down as options available unless you know they definitely have marked V options as they didn't in the summer as we made a point of looking because of all the good reports, I'll look at their webpage

Belladonna 01-11-2010 21:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by sws97sdg (Post 51935)
Just to try and gauge how many Veggies visit Puerto Pollensa I have started an online poll, you can take part here if you like ..Are you a veggie

Evidently only 10 of us visit PP!!!:rolleyes:

sws97sdg 01-11-2010 21:43

Yep and 70% are veggies :eek:

Belladonna 01-11-2010 21:46

LOL! Tofu suckling pig and shoulder of lamb doesn't appear on the menus very often!;)