Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree30Likes
  • 23 Post By its cd
  • 1 Post By scotslizzy
  • 3 Post By pollensafan
  • 3 Post By Sparky

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25-03-2014, 01:33

Default First trip report of 2014

So thought I would write this trip report to encourage anyone who doesn't have much time to spare but really wants to get out to PP for a few days

Left work at lunchtime Friday and flew out on 3pm flight ...... Cut it a bit fine at the airport ..... But didn't want to take full days leave

Dumped bags on arrival,and straight to TRIO where we had the usual brilliant welcome and consistently good food. Also a big thanks to Catherine for our gift of a couple of bottles of water and a pint of milk so we could have a cuppa the following morning. ( in our eagerness to get out, we had completely forgotten to pick up any supplies )

Made our way to O'Haras and saw the fabulous Hustlers who were on really good form ...... I have said it before and will say it again ...... I have paid good money to see bands who are nowhere near as good

Spent Saturday morning buying paintbrushes and other supplies for the jobs we had come out to complete ...... Of course true to form we didn't actually bother doing any DIY in the end. Once the inclement weather improved a little we had a nice afternoon walk around the port, I love this time of year ..... It's like you get to witness everywhere waking up from the winter. Saturday evening we ate at EL VILA in the square ....... An excellent meal. We then went to see our good friend Raffa at Batucada for the best G&T in the port and a good evening was had by all

Sunday morning saw a trip to Pollensa and a mooch around the market, punctuated by a good hour sitting outside club pollensa listening to a great spanish band playing Reggie / ska / modern Jaz type music ........ Anyone who hasn't seen them ...... Go and seek them out, a great way to spend an hour on a Sunday morning.

On Sunday afternoon we went to the port area of Alcudia ...... Mainly because it was cloudy in PP but sunny over there. We shared a nice pizza at a place called Oven ..... Not little Italy standard but very good and then had a walk around the boats

Sunday evening was a first for us, after many years drinking in Nostalgia we ate there ..... Steak and chips for him, steak and veg for me ...... Wonderful ...... Had a nice chat with Colin and Michaela and then headed off to La Roda to watch El Classico and meet up with Mr and Mrs Sparky for a fun evening chatting to good friends, sampling VERY reasonable drinks and soaking up the atmosphere of Barca vs Real Madrid in a local bar, and Barca won as well, they are my favourite non uk team, so that's good.

Monday saw us enjoying the morning sunshine over a cup of coffee outside the Illa D'Or, having a late tapas lunch at Stay and then heading off for the airport

So it just goes to show that even when you only have a day and a half's leave available you can still have a grand old weekend ....... Now about those jobs we were supposed to do ...... Oh well there's always mañana
pollensa, debz1, sws97sdg and 20 others like this.
Old 25-03-2014, 07:45

Smile Brill

My God I am tired just reading all the things you managed to do in such a short time but also envious of your wee break .

Just great reading all round.

Does this mean you will need to plan another short break to finally catch up on your chores!?

Cheers

Scotslizzy
Rosie34 likes this.
Old 25-03-2014, 09:23

Wow! Organised or what?! Will be borrowing those paint brushes soon, don't wear them out!
Old 25-03-2014, 09:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by its cd View Post
So thought I would write this trip report to encourage anyone who doesn't have much time to spare but really wants to get out to PP for a few days

Left work at lunchtime Friday and flew out on 3pm flight ...... Cut it a bit fine at the airport ..... But didn't want to take full days leave

Dumped bags on arrival,and straight to TRIO where we had the usual brilliant welcome and consistently good food. Also a big thanks to Catherine for our gift of a couple of bottles of water and a pint of milk so we could have a cuppa the following morning. ( in our eagerness to get out, we had completely forgotten to pick up any supplies )

Made our way to O'Haras and saw the fabulous Hustlers who were on really good form ...... I have said it before and will say it again ...... I have paid good money to see bands who are nowhere near as good

Spent Saturday morning buying paintbrushes and other supplies for the jobs we had come out to complete ...... Of course true to form we didn't actually bother doing any DIY in the end. Once the inclement weather improved a little we had a nice afternoon walk around the port, I love this time of year ..... It's like you get to witness everywhere waking up from the winter. Saturday evening we ate at EL VILA in the square ....... An excellent meal. We then went to see our good friend Raffa at Batucada for the best G&T in the port and a good evening was had by all

Sunday morning saw a trip to Pollensa and a mooch around the market, punctuated by a good hour sitting outside club pollensa listening to a great spanish band playing Reggie / ska / modern Jaz type music ........ Anyone who hasn't seen them ...... Go and seek them out, a great way to spend an hour on a Sunday morning.

On Sunday afternoon we went to the port area of Alcudia ...... Mainly because it was cloudy in PP but sunny over there. We shared a nice pizza at a place called Oven ..... Not little Italy standard but very good and then had a walk around the boats

Sunday evening was a first for us, after many years drinking in Nostalgia we ate there ..... Steak and chips for him, steak and veg for me ...... Wonderful ...... Had a nice chat with Colin and Michaela and then headed off to La Roda to watch El Classico and meet up with Mr and Mrs Sparky for a fun evening chatting to good friends, sampling VERY reasonable drinks and soaking up the atmosphere of Barca vs Real Madrid in a local bar, and Barca won as well, they are my favourite non uk team, so that's good.

Monday saw us enjoying the morning sunshine over a cup of coffee outside the Illa D'Or, having a late tapas lunch at Stay and then heading off for the airport

So it just goes to show that even when you only have a day and a half's leave available you can still have a grand old weekend ....... Now about those jobs we were supposed to do ...... Oh well there's always mañana

Great report I am there with you, well wish I was, not for DIY mind you, we are out 30.4.14 for week with Pam's brother and sister and other half's so good time should be had at wine festival in Pollensa.

Forgot to add what's going to happen tonight ?? 0-2
Old 25-03-2014, 09:43

So, Although you never got to touch a paint brush, your trip obviously left you Bristling with excitement .
debz1, Lorenzo and lollipop like this.
Old 25-03-2014, 10:11
Super Moderator

Well at least you did do some DIY.....you painted the town red .

No seriously, thanks for posting a great trip report and it was, as always, lovely to spend some time with you both.
debz1, anne10aber and Lorenzo like this.

Last edited by Sparky; 25-03-2014 at 10:13.
Old 25-03-2014, 22:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowy2007 View Post
Great report I am there with you, well wish I was, not for DIY mind you, we are out 30.4.14 for week with Pam's brother and sister and other half's so good time should be had at wine festival in Pollensa.

Forgot to add what's going to happen tonight ?? 0-2
Sorry it was 0-3