Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31-10-2010, 19:47

Default Trip Report

Been back since last Tuesday so thought it was about time I reported in

Arrived at Palma airport around 10am and had an interesting time collecting our Car – see separate post under Record.

Initially it was just Mr CD and I and 2 friends who had visited PP with us once before but in the winter.

Arrived to sunny weather and pleasant temperatures so quickly got changed into shorts and T Shirts, dumped bags and went straight out for lunch ....... logic was that if we didn’t eat soon we would not have enough time to recover for dinner.

Day 1
Tapas at IRU
We ordered the tapas for 2 which consists of a choice of 6 dishes plus a bottle of wine and added a couple of extra tapas dishes and 2 large beers. Cant remember what we had but was really nice ..... cost was about 45 euros for the 4 of us. We then strolled round to Stay for coffees and sat in the sunshine until late afternoon drinking a combination of beer and coffee

MDD at Trio
We ALWAYS eat at Trio on our first night and this was to be no different ............. we all ordered of their great value MDD and our choices included Langustines; Mussels; Spag Bol and cannelloni for starters and Pork; Beef and Lamb for mains , all washed down with the excellent house Faustino. Total cost 68euros for 4

Day 2
We pottered around , wandered here there and everywhere , had our usual balcony lunch ( bread ham majorcan cheese pate those lovely green melons etc )Went to the beach and swam in the sea in the afternoon.

Dinner at Maxims
Had their excellent MDD which is now back on their menu ..... choices included the rustic salad ( fantastic mix of salad leaves; parmesan; dates and Serrano ham) pumpkin ravioli; soup; a “fish” based starter .............. mains included pork with apple and calvados; Sea bass; and I forget the rest but again great value at 60euros for 4 of us.

We then went on to Nostalgia which was quite quiet that evening and then a fantastic night at O Haras listening to the Hustlers .............. shame that Mr CD and I had to miss some of it due to the need to do the airport run to collect daughter and friend who couldn’t join us until the Friday evening due to school. Anyway we saw the first few numbers from the Hustlers and then still managed to get back to see most of their last set ....... those guys played from 10.30 until about 1.30 .......... amazing more about them in this post

http://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/...html#post51734

Day 3
Lazy day with light tapas/snack lunch at Stay cost a very reasonable 65 euros for the 6 of us. Weather still great ,

In afternoon went round to the large beach at Alcudia ( past all the tat shops and where the villas and hotels are )

On way back we called at Bonys to have a hot chocolate with brandy as it was blowing a little bit cold ( well that was our excuse )

Dinner at Trio
Back to Trio for dinner as Daughter also has Trio as her first night tradition ...... she has known Juan, Catherine and Daniel all her life and just loves the place................ food good value as always.

Day 4
VERY full day .......... got up early and went to Pollensa, bought pastrys from Il Gardino and then went round to the cafe to get a coffee and hey we were so early they were still closed ....... but never mind, we went to Cafe Espanol , explained what had happened and they were happy for us to eat our own food whilst drinking their coffees ........... how lovely of them. Did the Market and the trek up the steps and were still away for 11.30

Went straight from Market to catch the boat to Formentor where we had a great bread; ham and cheese picnic including a couple of 48cent cartons of Eroski red wine we had bought for a laugh ...... I promise you it was perfectly drinkable , very light ( maybe even watered down a bit ) but just the job for a lazy sunny afternoon ................ even daughter who hasn’t quite grown into Red wine yet thought it was ok )

Dinner at El Posito
Party split for dinner with teenagers going to Joker bar and adults going to El Posito ....... can’t comment on Joker but am sure the chicken burger and chips were just fine. El Posito was tremendous ............... Tony told us what we were having for starters ............. I mean it .... he was rushed off his feet and basically just asked us if we wanted him to keep bringing us a selection of items for a shared starter whilst he arranged for our suckling pig to be cooked ...... so we had Frito Majorcian; Squid in a light chilli sauce, tumbet; cod and peppers and prawns .......... delicious. We all had Suckling pig, we had a bottle of wine and 2 beers and finished with coffees ... no room for desert. Cost was about 120 euros for the 4 of us. Evening had added benefit of a quick chat with Sparky ..... sorry we couldn;t stay longer Sparky , we had a date with The Hustlers

Finished off this long day by meeting up with the teens again in order to visit the Hotel Paris to see The Hustlers ............. as you will have read in above post .... different experience to Friday but equally enjoyable. Can I also say that the drinks prices in the Hotel Paris are like a throw back to “old Spain” and the measure of Gin in my G&T was unbelievable ...... I needed 2 bottles of tonic to make it drinkable

Day 5
Left PP mid morning and drove to Soller where we got the lovely old train to Palma ......... due to the timing of the trains we only had about an hour and a half for a quick look around Palma and so ate baguette on the hoof for lunch. Train back to Soller in time for a quick trip down to Puerto Soller and then home for dinner

Dinner at C’an Ferra ( aka the little people )
This has been a favourite of ours for many many years but we had a bad experience there a couple of years ago and were unsure about going back with friends ................ but daughter really wanted a paella and MR CD was ready for something quite basic and loves their Spanish omelette
We shared a Paella for 2 between 3 of us and the other 3 had Spanish Omelette and salad ... deserts included Creme Catalana; Tiramasu; Ice Cream and Almond Cake .............. drink of choice was a large jug of Sangria and some beers for the blokes. ................ cost for 6 was about 75euros and food was excellent as was service from our lovelly "Tom" ....... not his real name I know but he does bear more than a passing rememblence to Mr Cruse

Day 6
Lunch at Neptuno
Last day .............. but we were not leaving until late afternoon and my sister and her husband were arriving around lunchtime so this certainly called for a Lunch somewhere ................ we had planned to go to Neptuno ( somewhere else I hadn't been to since someone posted about crawlies ...... but hey ho The Little people came good and we had wandered past earlier in the week and it looked fantastic ) ............. was worried about the weather as it was so windy ............... anyway fortunately the weather eased at just about the right time and the 8 of us had a lovelly tapas lunch outside Neptuno which was an unbelievable 77 euros for 8 and we were all full to the brim. They do a tapas choice for either 10 euros or 15 euros for 2 of you ...... cost just depends how full you are .............. most of us went for the 15 euro version and that gave us a choice of 7 different tapas dishes ... I can report no sign of crawlies and food excellent

Then sadly we had to come home 
Old 31-10-2010, 20:12
Super Moderator

Excellent report as always CD, it was good to see you again.
Old 31-10-2010, 20:24

Wow....an amazing report, telling us all about your days as well as restaurant reports, loved it, felt every minute, for a moment I thought I was there!! Gosh you managed a lot on day 4!! Where do you get your energy CD?
All your meals sounded perfect too.....just don't get it when folk think PP is expensive for eating out Like all of the UK ....eating out is as reasonable or expensive as YOU choose but in PP one has all they other bonuses!!! Thanks for sharing....when are you back again, can't wait for your next report.
Old 31-10-2010, 20:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by favie View Post
Wow....an amazing report, telling us all about your days as well as restaurant reports, loved it, felt every minute, for a moment I thought I was there!! Gosh you managed a lot on day 4!! Where do you get your energy CD?
All your meals sounded perfect too.....just don't get it when folk think PP is expensive for eating out Like all of the UK ....eating out is as reasonable or expensive as YOU choose but in PP one has all they other bonuses!!! Thanks for sharing....when are you back again, can't wait for your next report.
Totally agree with all Favie says here. CD great report and you have shown that you can eat very well in wonderful places without it costing the earth. All seemed excellent value to me. Glad you had a good time.
Old 31-10-2010, 21:22

The memory is still sharp then cd! Is Maxims back up to scratch do you think, as it has had a few bad reports for a while.
Old 31-10-2010, 23:52

maxims was excellent in fact if we hadn't have gone to El Posito it would have been the meal of the week

also unlike in the summer months the service was just about right ...... not a long wait between courses but certainly not rushed as it sometimes can be when they think they can get you out and get others on the same table
Old 01-11-2010, 07:53
Banned

Excellent report..........feel as though I've just had a week in PP without actually being there !!!
Old 01-11-2010, 09:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by its cd View Post

Dinner at C’an Ferra ( aka the little people )
This has been a favourite of ours for many many years but we had a bad experience there a couple of years ago and were unsure about going back with friends ................ but daughter really wanted a paella and MR CD was ready for something quite basic and loves their Spanish omelette
We shared a Paella for 2 between 3 of us and the other 3 had Spanish Omelette and salad ... deserts included Creme Catalana; Tiramasu; Ice Cream and Almond Cake .............. drink of choice was a large jug of Sangria and some beers for the blokes. ................ cost for 6 was about 75euros and food was excellent as was service from our lovelly "Tom" ....... not his real name I know but he does bear more than a passing rememblence to Mr Cruse

Funny that.... We've always referred to the restaurant affectionately as "Top Gun"!
Old 01-11-2010, 12:57

Brilliant report CD. Can't believe how much you managed to pack in. Thanks for taking the time to post.
Old 01-11-2010, 13:05

Just checked the restaurants open post again and see Maxims is closed now for winter. Not tried the bistro - which is staying open. What sort of meal is served there, is an evening place to go, or just lunch?
Old 01-11-2010, 19:27

Great report cd!

Just what I'd have expected of you!

Tbh I read it minutes after it was posted but didn't have time to comment!

And btw loved all the numbers coming up, it was like a quick mental arithmetic test!

Porto
Old 01-11-2010, 23:01

Surely the son at "Mucky Martins" looks more like Padraig Harrington.
Old 01-11-2010, 23:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo66 View Post
Surely the son at "Mucky Martins" looks more like Padraig Harrington.
The father looks like Danny Devito (sort of) and there's two sons - one possibly looks like Tom Cruise (if you've got an imagination) and maybe the other looks like Padraig H.....
Old 02-11-2010, 00:30

Toni....Tom Cruise....may be - Guiem and Padraig Harrington - I think not

Mind you Guiem has not been at the restaurant for...what.. 3 years, so you never know - he may have grown a couple of feet or more
Old 02-11-2010, 09:31
Under Moderation

As someone who has suffered with an eating disorder most of my adult life I must say that I find it hard to believe that so many seem to concerntrate on eating! Where to eat, what they ate, how much they ate and even where they will eat next year!!! Unbelievable but all to their own. Good job airlines don't weigh people before getting on aircraft the return journey would be a different story lol. This is by no means a critism just an observation. My trip report will be about all the wonderful places I have visited, views I have found and generally about the beautiful island and certainly not about filling my stomach!