Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2010, 09:42

I tend to agree Kym, and have often thought the same thing, hence my various blogs on places on the island as well as some restaurants. Also I do tend to forget what I have eaten as soon as I leave the table! But we all must eat somewhere and its a bit like the weather, it affects us all to some degree so we all like to know whats going on!

Also, it is a PP forum mainly, rather than a whole island forum, so the restaurants are quite a big part of the area.
I look forward to reading your future posts.

Last edited by Belladonna; 02-11-2010 at 09:47.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-2010, 10:48
Super Moderator

I think that the majority of people use their holiday as a means of trying food they would or could not eat at home and so it is only natural that they want to pass on their experiences. As Bella said this site is mainly for PP and Pollensa which between the two have so many and varied restaurants that it is bound to be the biggest topic of discussion.
Old 02-11-2010, 18:06

Eating out somewhere different every night (or most nights) is part of what you do on holiday. We would never eat out during the week at home, unless it was a special occasion, but when on holiday, that is part of the enjoyment, not having to cook a meal every night! The same applies perhaps with drink.....I would almost never drink beer at home....but on holiday...bring it on!!!!! Can't wait for that first cold beer and the 2nd, and the 3rd............... !! It's good to hear what other people consider to be a good/bad/cheap/expensive meal.
Old 02-11-2010, 20:56

CD I was there with you great report El Posito and Toni great food every time IMHO
Old 02-11-2010, 23:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kym View Post
As someone who has suffered with an eating disorder most of my adult life I must say that I find it hard to believe that so many seem to concerntrate on eating! Where to eat, what they ate, how much they ate and even where they will eat next year!!! Unbelievable but all to their own. Good job airlines don't weigh people before getting on aircraft the return journey would be a different story lol. This is by no means a critism just an observation. My trip report will be about all the wonderful places I have visited, views I have found and generally about the beautiful island and certainly not about filling my stomach!
With respect, when you clicked on the section titled "Bars and Restaurants", what exactly were you expecting?
Old 03-11-2010, 08:14
Under Moderation

I actually clicked on new posts!! It doesn't matter what I clicked on I'm entitled to have an opinion as much as anyone else! Food seems to come into many posts in other categories too! Again it seems that if anyone dare to have an opinion on this forum that is against the norm then the person is not popular. Perhaps it's all the sugar!
Old 03-11-2010, 08:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kym View Post
As someone who has suffered with an eating disorder most of my adult life I must say that I find it hard to believe that so many seem to concerntrate on eating! Where to eat, what they ate, how much they ate and even where they will eat next year!!! Unbelievable but all to their own.
This reminds me of calling the pot black
Old 03-11-2010, 09:43

As has been said many times before, we all are entitled to an opinion and no one should be made to feel uncomfortable about having one. Responding back to an opinion should not be turned into a personal attack but viewed as an extension of the forums rounded opinions.

It is great to have different views joining a debate or putting a different slant on a subject making you think outside the box. Peoples personal circumstances give an entirely different view on subjects that seem clear cut to others. Sometimes we seem to bristle too easily.
Old 03-11-2010, 10:22
Super Moderator

Absolutely agree and as i have said many times before, please will you all respect each others opinions.
Now can we get back on topic.
Old 04-11-2010, 00:04

Kym

Interesting that you commented about the amount of post time given over to food ............. when I posted my trip report I was very confident about the "food" items because whenever a restaurant review is included it is always well received. I wondered whether to include other bits and bobs about my day and in the end did so and was so pleased to see that people also appreciated reading a little bit about our families 5 days in PP.

The reason I felt comfy posting restaurant reviews was because they are always well received and lets face it when we post we want people to read what we write and do us the honour of replying ...... , we post what we know will get a reaction. ( anyone who posts regularly will know that feeling of disappointment whan you post about something and get no takers )

So having established that people like to hear about what and where others eat, the question is why ? Well I think it is because for many eating out each evening in a range of different restaurants is one of the things that makes their holiday special ...... its not the only thing, but sits along with sailing; diving; horseriding visits to lovelly beaches; trips to unknown villages and long walks in fantastic countryside ..... all of which are covered in the appropriate parts of this forum.

Unlike some resorts which may have only a few really nice restaurants, PP and its surrounding area has many many nice places to eat which suit all tastes and so people want to make sure they have the opportunity to try new but they want to derisk the experience by doing some homework ............ hence they like to read about what people ate and how much it cost ...... thats why the posts are popular and because they are popular thats why more of them are posted .......... simple supply and demand.

At the end of the day if people are willing to post and it gives other enjoyment and also practical help then surely its a good thing.

Oh and a final observation ............. airlines can weigh me before and after my holiday every time ....... I have never put weight on whilst in PP as I think I actually eat better and get more exercise than I ever do working 10plus hours a day in a stuffy office, driving hundreds of miles a week to get there and snacking on junk food ...... I think the amount we walk whilst on holiday ......( pedometer showed an average of 7 miles per day just pottering around ) keeps the pounds off and allows for the odd indulgence. All things in moderation and no beating yourself up after a blow out seems to me to be a healthy approach.

Last edited by its cd; 04-11-2010 at 00:11.
Old 04-11-2010, 00:38

A mere glance at the home page of this forum does indeed show that the "bars and restaurants" section receives the most posts by some distance. Perhaps thats an indication that a lot of us enjoy eating out when we are on holiday. For those that don't or can't enjoy eating out there are other sections where people can discuss trips, sight seeing, children's activities etc. Its a free world with choices, and on this forum there is nothing that forces anyone to read something they aren't interested in....
Old 04-11-2010, 10:13

I think most of us fancy ourselves as restaurant critics which is why we tend to post about food rather than anything else - possibly because we're so surrounded by TV programmes and newspaper columns about food and restaurants, we find it easier to wax lyrical about meals rather than, say, scenery. We're more familiar with the terminology. Also, eating out on holiday isn't just about the food - it's about the surroundings, being waited on, the company - just the whole experience. I have two young children and what with the pressures of work/school etc, we rarely eat out together as a family apart from when we are on holiday. So meals out for us on holiday are really something special. I hope it's that, rather than excessive greed, that leads me to post restaurant reviews!
Old 04-11-2010, 10:17

Cd, you wore a pedometer!? What an interesting idea! Perhaps we should start a new thread showing how far do actually walk whilst on holiday in PP. Professional walkers would have to show which walk they took though, rather than us mere mortals on a wander! No idea where to get them though - pedometers that is, not mere mortals!! Sorry to hijack thread but needed to follow on from cd.
Old 05-11-2010, 14:38

Bella how far is it to your car ???
Old 05-11-2010, 23:49

Oh no, its not get at Bella time again is it!!??