Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2007, 06:38
placer

Default my 7 day scape away, then a question?????

I went out to Mallorca on the first week of Sept. for the second time this summer. Like I said on my last comment,
I was out in July and I am living in the U.S.A. due to work.
My boss sent me out to France and asked for a 7 day trip to Mallorca, worked out!!!!
Anyway, back to the main thing. I had a great trip to Puerto Pollensa ," looking to buy somthing".
The first night I went out for a first quality meal at " The Stay", paid 110 euros for two fillets, ok not great. On the next night went strait to one of my favorita places. Went out to "Nico´s" in the square, never fails. My couple had a fish burrito and I had a fillet, exelent, the best fillet in a while and in the U.S.A there are geat meats but that was exemplary. The burrito was also great. You go to a top class restaurant with top prices and wait for the best, yo go to a restaurant with a GOOD PRICES and wait for a NICE EVERYDAY MEAL. I think in this case it has turned around. At "NICO´S" we paid 50 euros with a great wine and and exelent Key Lime Pie.
We also went to " O Lume", that was also great. We had a nice meal, but there was only one other table and I do no like to go to empty places. Had two more meals at Nico´s but the rest were in Palma.
THE QUESTION IS, WHY GO TO OVER RATED PLACES WITH OVER RATED PRICES. WHEN YOU CAN HAVE A KICK BACK, LOW PRICED AND GREAT FOOD PLACE LIKE "NICO´S"
Buy the way, our last day was market day and we popped in to Nico´s to say "TILL THE NEXT TIME" and had a coffee with a slice of home-made bannana bread, like my mothers, great.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-2007, 20:41

Placer best steaks in town are by far in Bar Siller cooked at your table. I to love steaks in USA just returned from Canada still not as good as in USA.

Happy Eating
Old 04-10-2007, 08:12
Linzzzz

I'm also a big steak lover - they do know how to cook them in the USA, that's for sure. Thanks for the tips Placer - where are you in the States? I'm in LA.
Old 05-10-2007, 05:41
lizglass1

The biggest steak lover around is my 10 year old son.
We were in Pollensa last week and he had T-Bone Steak & days in a row.
Day 1 - L'Olivera- Huge steak, in the bone. cooked on a barbeque grill. Not bad. I was a bit suspicious that it was actually an entrecote.
Day 2- O'Lune -Tender, delicious perfect, T bone. Made me decide I would have a T bone next visit -and only 8 euros
Day 3- AaHH chinese-pascalinos. husbands influence.
Day 4 -O'lune again deliciuos- 3 of us had T bone- My boys favoutite meal is the seafood spaghetti followed by T-bone.
mmmmm......
Day 5 Brisamar- nice authentic spanish restaurant. There was a photo on the wall of the restaurant 30 years ago and the waiter who was serving us was in it. The steak was T bone ,perfectly cooked , 2nd to O'lume. Great paella-good rice-well flavoured.
Day 6 -Brisas -on the front - T-bone - Very large and pretty good. suckling pig poor . 2nd equal with above for steak. padron peppers so nippy I was in agony with a burny mouth. Good gazpacho. fish kebabs- onot much of them and only ok.
Day 7 -lunchtime- Tango - OK- best dish was mixed fish platter- very nice. Steak was sold as entrecote and was entrecote.OK . Not thick enough to cook as medium.

Son number 3 usually eats lamb chops everynight but we decided they were too fatty. But he did get them in O'lume and they were finger-licking good.