Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   Eating out in Nov. (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/676-eating-out-nov.html)

johnb 05-10-2007 21:03

Eating out in Nov.

Hi all,
newbie to the forum,brilliant info and tips.
My wife and I are heading to PP mid November and wonder if most restaruants are still open.Love the sound of OLume and Tangos but here in lies a problem.
My wife is a veggie and we have generally experienced problems getting good veggie food in Europe unless we go to Indian or Italian.Especially spanish who tend to think she must be an alien wanting only vegetables...not realising its more than just a plate of boiled veg...she does not eat fish.
I am a meat eater but can eat veggie as I sometimes do if we go for an Indian.
Any ideas where we could get a good meat and veggie main meal choice in the one establishment.

regards john.b.

JH02JLH 05-10-2007 21:10

John,

Welcome to the forum...but please do check out the Restaurant Reference Guide at the very top of the page. There's a link to previous threads in there, plus lots of reviews on restaurants!

It needs updating now that a few people have returned, but if you're looking for recommendations, please check there first!

Jane:D

JH02JLH 05-10-2007 21:13

Here's another link I found on page 3...

p221.ezboard.com/fpollensaforumfrm13.showMessage?topicID=712.topic

johnb 05-10-2007 21:19

Jane,
thanks for the info,I checked out the link and there are only a couple of places mentioned,hopefully as you say, returning holidaymakers may add a few more,I will keep checking the forum
regards john.b.

JH02JLH 05-10-2007 21:27

Hi John,

Looking at the restaurant reference thread, these restaurants were mentioned:

Tiberi
Little Italy
Tango's (seemed particularly good)
Nico's
La Piazza (Italian)
Don Corleone (pizzas)
L'Almirant
Centric

Hope this helps!

snowy2007 06-10-2007 01:04

I am sure Jamie in OLume would look after you, call and ask him, hes a great chap.

Sharonh 06-10-2007 01:27

John

I too am a veggie and that is one of the reason I love Puerto Pollensa & Pollensa - it has so many good restaurants that cater very well for the veggies.

I have never been to PP in November but I have been in late October and March. My favourites are:

Puerto Pollensa
Tiberi – good pasta
Tolos – Mediterranean cooking
Don Corleone – Cheap Italian
Café Il’la – good p’am oli & tapas
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp
Pollensa
Il Giardino – Italian – but no pizzas!
Ca N'Olesa – very good pizzas and great profiteroles
La Font del Gall – Mediterranean with Scottish twist!
Café Il’la – good p’am oli – again!

placer 06-10-2007 03:37

Eating out in Nov.

Yes i have to agree with the rest. There are a few restaurants in Puerto Pollensa that have veggie plates.

My fabs are,

Nico´s
O Lume
Guru
La Roc

I think with that you should be ok.

carl1955 06-10-2007 05:04

Hi john.
Check out
www.mallorca-restaurants-121.com/
We're staying in November ourselves (4th - 11th).
Regards
Carl.

johnb 08-10-2007 20:12

Thanks for all the recommendations,will only be able to try a couple as its only a 4 night break.I think Olume has to be one to try, given all the positive feedback but then again theres Litle Italy,Tango,Tiberi,Nicos ....etc..etc..damn..should have booked a fortnight Can't wait only 5weeks today..
regards john.b.