Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15-10-2007, 02:45
baggy

Default two weeks top nosh

Hello - we've just come back from two weeks in Puerto Pollensa (our sixth visit so we must like it!) and thought I'd share some of our eating experiences with you all. I'd like to hear what you think of them and where we might put on the list for next time.
We all have our old favourites and one of ours is Los Pescadores which was vastly improved on last year - in fact it was more like the place which lured us in in the first place. What's changed? Does anyone know?
We also have a soft spot for Tiberi, which we sometimes have found to be hit and miss but this year the food was good and the service was first class . . . even when we popped in to use the loo on the night Makasar caught fire before we got to the main course!
Na Ruixa and Los Zarzales were - as usual, perfect. (Are we just easy to please or something!?) LZ is just my favourite restaurant and the suckling pig was to DIE for.
I was slightly disappointed with Corb Mari which seems to have lost a little of its sparkle, although the meat was meaty and I can't fault the service. I was sad to see that they had joined the 'burgers and hot dog' lunch menus though . . .
Guru was back on the itinerary when we noticed that they had put their pizzas back on the menu for the evening - was that through popular demand, does anyone know? - and talking of pizza, we had a wonderful lunch at Little Italy where the pizza totally defeated me!
Our new finds of the year - to us, obviously not to you chaps - were La Fortelesa and Ca Vostra. Again, traditional fare and (according to the connoisseur of Fritos Mallorquin) head and shoulders above all the rest for this particular dish!
It's traditional to go to the Ivy Garden on our last night and - despite postings to the contrary on the forum - have always found the service to be fantastic.
We added Bar Katy, Pepe's and The Pines to our list of breakfast stops and were really pleased with all three although I'd like to put in a quick plug for The Pines because they were so friendly and let us loiter while waiting for our airport pick up!
Anyway - that's a fairly glowing report isn't it?
I was disappointed that Anubis had gone. It was just a brightly lit bar with nothing much to commend it aesthetically but the tapas was fantastic - and a third of the price of the swanky places on the front.
And talking of bars - if this is the place to do so - Bar Rustic on the Formentor Road is just the BEST bar in the town . . . just thought I'd share that with you.
Sponsored Links
Old 15-10-2007, 03:12

Hi Baggy - welcome to the forum and thanks for this fab report.

What fire at Makasar? Did I miss another post or can you fill me in? :rolleyes

Lala