Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21-03-2011, 21:00

Default Help on dining out in PP

Hi All,
New to this forum so excuse me if this has already been covered. Myself, girlfriend and our son are visiting PP at Easter this year. I'm looking for restaurants that offer a good standard of food at a reasonable price for evening meals. I've read that the menu of the day option is a good way to achieve this but:
a) do they offer this in evenings or just lunch time?
b) What sort of price could we expect?

Some where overlooking the water would be nice but not essential. Someone I know mentioned somewhere called Trio and L'Olivera's? Can anyone confirm or expand on this?

Thanks

P.S. Apologies in advance if more questions are forthcoming!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 21-03-2011, 21:25
Super Moderator

Hi Welsh Family,
Welcome to the forum. Please take some time to read through this section where you will find many restaurant reviews, most restaurants offer MDDs, some just at lunchtime but also many serve them in the evenings as well. It all depends on how much you wish to spend but i am sure you will find plenty of places to suit all budgets. Enjoy!!
Old 21-03-2011, 21:34

Hi - L'Olivera's I understand has now closed - Trio's do a very good vlaue MDD ( Not overlooking the water) as does Can Torrens (the Square), Brisa Marina,Can Josep and Los Faroles (sea front) - there is really so much to chose from and I suppose it will all depend where you are staying ..as Sparky said thare are lots of reviews and also a link to where the restaurants are ...you will enjoy I am sure

Roll on Easter..we are back for the next fix then

Eating Out
Old 21-03-2011, 21:41

Thanks guys, I have had a scan through the reviews and other pages alike and seem to noticed a lot of reports on the more obviously nice places (I'm guessing) such as Stay and the more expensive places but just wanted to hear what "those in the know" thought would be the places to head to with a more affordable middle of the road budget in mind.
Old 21-03-2011, 22:29

Tango - right on the beach, but a little out of town, 2010 mdd was €16 pp, & very good it was too

Little Italy - right on the beach in town, pizzas etc, fantastic, menus etc here Restautante Litaly
Old 21-03-2011, 23:09

Trio - great value MDD 3 course, loads of choice plus beer of half bottle of Faustino each for about 16euros not overlooking the water but great with kids

Tango - business partners of Trio ; great value mdd; smaller choice but lovelly location overlooking the sea ....

C'an Ferra - central location ; authentic old place been open for abouy 40 years ...... no mdd but very reasonable

Maxims in the square will hopefully be open by April and will be serving an evening mdd ( they do this out of season but only during the day in July and August ) .... very reasonable and lovelly food .... also they have more time to serve you out of season so you don;t suffer from the "rushed" feeling you sometimes get there in high season

Little Italy - right on the seafront

Bar Coral , one road back from Little Italy, main meals are so big you won;t need to spend any money on a starter or desert

ALSO - go to either Stay pr La Cantina ( beneath La Llonga ) for tapas one lunchtime ..... 4 dishes will be plenty for 2 of you for lunch and will cost about 4eruos per dish ........ location of both is wonderful as is the food ..... without breaking the bank
Old 21-03-2011, 23:11

There's loads of good value places and this forum will name most of them. I'll pitch in with C'an Ferrar - you'll find directions on this website, but anyway it is the very first right turn (barely 50 yards) after heading in the direction of Alcudia from the roundabout that is down in the Port. I've never heard anyone complain about value for money after going there.
Old 22-03-2011, 09:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by CathB View Post
Hi - L'Olivera's I understand has now closed
Closed down for good, you mean, or just for the winter? That's a shame if it's for good because I was planning on eating there, too - mainly because it's still listed here. Thanks for the other suggestions, and for starting the thread, Welsh.
Old 22-03-2011, 09:22

I believe L'olivera is to open under new ownership as was posted some time back on the restaurants page. You can't go far wrong with either Brisa Marina or Ca'n Josep ,both on the seafront ,both reasonably priced, but Ca'n Josep would get my vote or Tango.
Old 22-03-2011, 12:08

Also Tolo's, good front line position (near the dingy's and watersports on the beach) they don't offer MDD but their menu is very reasonable, good quality food, excellent pizza and pasta dishes, all served up with a friendly smile and chat.

PS. The scrambled egg dishes on their snack menu are fabulous.
Old 22-03-2011, 22:15

Thanks very much all of you for taking the time to reply, not been to PP before but if the affection you all obviously have for it is anything to go for, we've picked the right place.
Old 22-03-2011, 23:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welsh Family View Post
Thanks very much all of you for taking the time to reply, not been to PP before but if the affection you all obviously have for it is anything to go for, we've picked the right place.
You sure have, you will have a great time
Old 23-03-2011, 17:57

Dont forget to visit Pollenca town,short,cheap bus ride away,great deals and choice including kids meals.Sitting in the sq and just watching is a holiday in itself!