Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14-10-2007, 05:01

Default Newbies and restaurant reports

At the risk of sounding like a grumpy old woman :lol can I PLEASE ask new members of the forum to read some of the posts before asking questions that, just lately, keep being asked?

I spent ages compiling the Restaurant Reference thread but loved it because I felt I was helping people get the most out of their time in PP. It needs updating and that will be done next week.

When I first found the forum, I read the posts avidly - it was wonderful reading about places I'd been to! The Eating and Drinking Out section runs to 20 pages, each with about 20 topics on each page. I know people are busy, but it really is worth having a look at the Restaurant Reference guide and then browsing the pages as there is so much information there and a lot of questions have been asked before, such as veggie options, favourite Tapas restaurants, eating out with kids, etc...

Also, can I ask that new members who are planning to go to PP please report back when they return? Even if it's just a few lines about whether they enjoyed a place or not, or if it's still open! This gives us poor souls stuck in the UK something to read about and updates on restaurants are extremely welcome!!!

Ta very much!!

Jane
Sponsored Links
Old 14-10-2007, 07:15

Well Hello!

Here's me just returned from foreign parts and getting up to date on the recent posts and lo and behold, Jane, got to agree with you 100%.

Will give benefit of the doubt to newbies, but as a contributor of a few years standing now, all one has to do, is look up,for example, eating and drinking in PP, going on to pages one to twenty or whatever, and READ the posts!:eek

"See wot I mean Harry? "As a certain large sporty man of a few years ago used to say!!:eek

:rollin
Old 14-10-2007, 18:02
Founder

Another way of looking for something specific e.g. tapas or vegetarian is to 'search' the forum (new Yuku will be even better).

Select the forum you want e.g. Eating & Drinking, above the Forum title you will see 'search' underlined in blue.

Enter your search word next to 'Search Words:', uncheck Case sensitive but do check 'Allow partial matching' & select Search In: Entire Message

You will then see all the posts relating to your search.
Old 14-10-2007, 18:19

I forgot to say in my original post that we love seeing new faces in the PP forum - especially new faces who post about places they've been to so we can read about their experiences.

We were all newbies once and it's really great to see new members become established friends on here. There's nothing I like more than clicking onto the Eating and Drinking out section and seeing a report from someone new - it's almost as if I'm there!

So, as I said, even if it's just a few lines about somewhere you've tried and liked, we welcome all reports!

Jane
Old 15-10-2007, 03:20
Sunny G

I would just like to say that personally i always look through a forum before asking a question however that does not get the most up to date info, and surely if people would like to post a reply they can.
Old 15-10-2007, 06:33

I agree that some posts may be out of date, but if people keep asking the same question the risk is that eventually the question will be ignored (because people will get fed up answering it) and then new members will feel as if they're not getting the help they need.

Standard FAQ's such as good restaurants offering veggie options, those catering for children, etc, have been answered comprehensively in the Restaurant Reference thread and I will do my utmost to keep that topic updated. Obviously, topics such as a guide to prices will need to be refreshed as prices rise every year.

If anyone wants me to add to the list of FAQ's, please let me know - I'm going to do it in the next few days as a lot of people have been posting since returning from PP!

Jane