Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2010, 21:47

Default Another week of eating

Just back from another week in pp only on a tighter budget than May.
And what a result with the weather
Anyway enough of that down to the important stuff FOOD
Ate at 2 restaurants for the first time G & G and La Goleta visited an old favourite
Brisa Marina and a new favourite Can Balache

Tried G & G after reading the reviews on this forum very impressed, set menu 17,90 euros the frozen cheesecake takes some beating, very nice people just a shame we were the only people there that night.

Guru had not been here for a few years entrecote steak with a pepper sauce 11,90 euros from the specials board very good value and good service quite busy.

Los Zarzales huge disappointment not very busy, service very very slow courtyard full of mozzies meal extremely average at best, suckling pig very dry and chewy, the most expensive meal of the week and by far the worst.

Ikebana visited twice once for mdd 9 euros once of an evening meal not very impressed with the mdd chicken in the escalope paper thin with about half a dozen bravas size pieces of potato the evening meal completely different had lamb chops very nice indeed.

Brisa Marina set menu 14,90 euros food great as always & service with a smile

La Goleta find of the holiday absolutely fantastic great friendly service superb top quality food best meal of the week if we had eaten here earlier in the week we would have returned for a second night

Can Balache ate here 3 times plus called in for a night cap a few evenings. Lunchtime for tapas once in the evening 2 course set menu 9,50 euros last morning for breakfast again only knew this place existed when out in May lovely people well cooked and presented food and as has been mentioned on this forum before the tapas is very good indeed.

Overall another pleasant week in our favourite place just a shame we picked the wrong Los should have gone to Pescadores instead of Zarzales, ah well always next year.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-10-2010, 22:22

Thanks williwonka.

Interested to hear Los Zar getting an unfavourable report.

Mossies!

Pretty annoying when you are eating and would have thought they'd been doing something about that, after all eating in a courtyard hardly pleasant with mossies buzzing about and biting !
Old 07-10-2010, 08:54

I wonder if maybe the manager of Los Zarzales - is it Yolanda? - wasn't there that night. I know it has had a few fairly recent reports of slow service on nights when she isn't present. Certainly when we went in August she was very much in evidence and things were running like clockwork, in fact it was our best night of the holiday. If she has a regular day off perhaps best to avoid that day in future!
Old 07-10-2010, 09:59

Not sure that it is entirely the restaurants fault that there are mosquitos in the courtyard. They are everywhere at the moment. What are they to do? Swat every one of them if they get to near to a table. Also, not sure I would choose a restaurant that has good nights when a certain member of staff is there and bad nights when she is not. Standards are standards. You should be able to go when you want and it be the same every time.
Old 07-10-2010, 16:43

Went to Los Z in July great food and very busy. Yolanda herself at least I take it was her, attended to us for most of the evening, a lovely lady, as said would not like to risk a off night, as hols are short along with money.
Old 07-10-2010, 17:17

I did post on this before but we went for a meal & the service was dreadfull & slow, Yolanda turned up halfway through having been to a function & hey presto service & freindliness shot up & saved the evening for us otherwise we would not have gone back.
Would someone find out what night she has off so this situation can be avoided?
Old 07-10-2010, 21:45

..... or someone tell her what her staff are like so she can sort them out!
Old 07-10-2010, 22:17

Sounds like a job for Debz its her baby.

PS I love the place to.
Old 08-10-2010, 13:31

I'm sorry to hear that a couple of people have been disappointed with the service at Los Z as we always find it exceptional. This is not a place to go and be rushed through a meal but rather to sit and enjoy an entire evening like the locals do. When food is freshly prepared for each individual you are not going to have it served a soon as you sit down ...we are not talking pre prepared and reheated fast food in this restaurant. I personally would rather wait 30- 40 minutes between courses chatting and drinking, and find the time flies by when you are in good company. I suppose it's different for everyone but I'm sure if you asked Yolanda for the courses to come as quickly as possible she would try her best, but I'm not too sure she would understand the need to rush!! You only have to watch Brits compared to the more laid back European style as to the the speed we eat our food. They pause between mouthfuls and talk...a lot!! It's probably to do with the busy lives we lead at home...but when you're on holiday just relax, go with the flow and enjoy
Old 08-10-2010, 13:55

Debz give Yolanda my best wishes next week ask if she got any of the Sloe Gin left I took her out.
Have a great time as if I need to say that.
Malc golf on your return.
Old 08-10-2010, 14:17

Will do snowy! Have pm'd you x
Old 12-10-2010, 23:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by debz1 View Post
I'm sorry to hear that a couple of people have been disappointed with the service at Los Z as we always find it exceptional. This is not a place to go and be rushed through a meal but rather to sit and enjoy an entire evening like the locals do. When food is freshly prepared for each individual you are not going to have it served a soon as you sit down ...we are not talking pre prepared and reheated fast food in this restaurant. I personally would rather wait 30- 40 minutes between courses chatting and drinking, and find the time flies by when you are in good company. I suppose it's different for everyone but I'm sure if you asked Yolanda for the courses to come as quickly as possible she would try her best, but I'm not too sure she would understand the need to rush!! You only have to watch Brits compared to the more laid back European style as to the the speed we eat our food. They pause between mouthfuls and talk...a lot!! It's probably to do with the busy lives we lead at home...but when you're on holiday just relax, go with the flow and enjoy
We have been coming to pp for a number of years we have eaten here before in fact in my report in May I complimented our night here. We do not rush our meals we make an evening of it but to wait over half an hour to be served the 1st drink and another 20 minutes for the starter then the best part of another hour for the main is in my opinion a little bit more than a relaxing way to " go with the flow " and after taking that long to prepare the meal you'd think it would have been good wouldn't you
Old 13-10-2010, 09:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by willywonka View Post
We have been coming to pp for a number of years we have eaten here before in fact in my report in May I complimented our night here. We do not rush our meals we make an evening of it but to wait over half an hour to be served the 1st drink and another 20 minutes for the starter then the best part of another hour for the main is in my opinion a little bit more than a relaxing way to " go with the flow " and after taking that long to prepare the meal you'd think it would have been good wouldn't you

I agree to wait over half an hour to order drinks is way too long! Did you not call anyone over before that and get an apology for your long wait? I can only speak from experience but know that Yolanda is the most perfect host and if there is ever cause for complaint she will try her best to rectify it. Not sure if she'll be able to eradicate the mozzies though!!! The wait for your main course also seems excessive and if, as you say, the restaurant was quiet on your evening of your visit it seems most strange and out of character. Did you notice if Yolanda was there that evening, as previous posters have said they had suffered problems on the nights she wasn't there?

I hope you will give Los Z another chance as you have had good experiences there before.We will be visiting this week with friends who are coming to stay and are newcomers to PP. No I doubt will be ordering the suckling pig which is the best I've ever tasted!
Old 13-10-2010, 14:57

Just like to add that if you've had a bad meal or bad expereince at Los Zarzales then you must be very, very unlucky. We've been eating there for years and every visit has been wonderful. We were there twice in July when Yolande was there and it was excellent. We went again in September, Yolande wasn't there, and the meal and the atmosphere were just as good, if not better than normal. And not a mozzy in sight!
The staff and the chef are top notch.
Can't fault the place. I would recommend it to anyone.