Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2010, 00:21

Default Anyone need a blanket?

Had a fantastic MDD at Stay a couple of weeks ago ................ it was a Saturday evening and they were really busy because they were also hosting a wedding ....... gosh there much have been almost 200 people crammed into the place .............. lovelly bride and everyone having a great time . but I digress

We arrived about 8.30 having not made a reservation and they found us a table for 2 outside near the water ...... I commented that it was a shame they didn;t have any free near the heaters and the waiter said ..... "no problem we have blankets " .... well I just laughed assuming he was joking but lo and behold as we approached 9pm they came round offering everyone outside a blanket .... it was such a lovelly evening , I didn't need one but my friend who is less hardy than I took one ......... I've been calling her a "granny" ever since.

Anyway this HAS to be a first .......... never ever have I been offered a blanket in a restaurant before

PS MDD was great ....... a sort of veg and pepper mouse as an appetiser; ravioli to follow , then a lovelly fish dish ; a fantastic desert that had pears chocolate biscuity cake and raspbery sorbet involved and coffee chochies and Bailey's to finish
Old 08-10-2010, 09:47

That must have been some meal cd! Pretty exciting all round. I wonder if they will bring out the braziers to put under the tables like the old days as it gets colder?!

Once one restaurant starts pampering its customers, they will all start - hopefully!
Old 08-10-2010, 10:32

Cd this happened to us in June! We hadn't taken anything warm to wear as we weren't expecting the unseasonaly cold chill in the air the first few days after we arrived. Stay,as always, was packed and people were chattering away...as were some teeth Suddenly a waiter appeared with a pile of lovely soft blankets in a variety of colours. My friend and I accepted one gratefully...after colour coordinating them with our outfits

Two days later when the weather had turned and became ridiculously hot we had a good giggle about being wrapped in 'granny shawls'!

Nice little touch and yet another plus point for a fab restaurant. They are doing the same at La Llonja too...copy cats!!
Old 08-10-2010, 11:04
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belladonna View Post
That must have been some meal cd! Pretty exciting all round. I wonder if they will bring out the braziers to put under the tables like the old days as it gets colder?!

Once one restaurant starts pampering its customers, they will all start - hopefully!
Aparently the "Braseros" and "Camilla de mesas" are making a big comeback in Spanish homes in an effort to reduce heating bills. A couple of my local friends have always had them and it is lovely to sit at a table and have toasty toes and knees.
Many years ago they were filled with hot embers but were dangerous as they could and did cause fires and also they produced carbon monoxide which unfortuneately killed many people, obviously they are now powered by electricity which is much cleaner and safer.
Old 08-10-2010, 11:08

As they say Sparky, what goes around comes around! Lovely to see some old traditions return, updated and safer! We will all be getting those knittiing needles out next!!
I wonder if the restaurants will take it up, or it could be just a little too dangerous with children though. Lets just stick to blankets then!
Old 08-10-2010, 11:11
Super Moderator

Bella they could supply blankets to keep us warm on the outside and nice large brandies to warm the insides .
Old 08-10-2010, 15:47
Founder

We found that blankets & rugs were very common in the outside cafes & restaurants in Copenhagen when we visited in September. Apparently the Danes like to make the most of the 'summer' while the light lasts. Even my sister-in-law had them ready on her terrace so that we could all sit out.

It's a bit like being wrapped-up on a lounger on a cruise ship! But rather difficult to eat a gourmet meal like that!
Old 08-10-2010, 16:05
Super Moderator

I have just had an idea for the "lucky lucky" guys to keep them busy in the winter...forget the watches and sunglasses ......sell blankies.
No on second thoughts i may start my own business, i could call it "Sparky's Snuggies"..... only joking guys!!...............i think.
Old 08-10-2010, 16:24

Way to go Sparky ..... but you need to join forces with Zelda and sell PP Forum branded snuggies ....
Old 08-10-2010, 17:18
Banned

I saw them handing out blankets earlier this summer.

Very nice touch but then the Stay is a classy restaurant.

Last edited by Nick; 09-10-2010 at 15:43.
Old 08-10-2010, 18:31

It will be hot water bottles and big slippers next..............

Adios

Dave
Old 08-10-2010, 22:21

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belladonna View Post

Sufferin Mary

For a moment there i thought it was topless dining in stay and astounded at the health and safety brigade at putting them under the table? Was there instructions ie when gets too cold put them back on (peoples eyes may be put out!)

Note to oneself - must visit PP in winter and dine at stay - although with the amount of food i eat when in PP they would probably put one under the table for me to!

Gary or as wife calls me Moobie
Old 09-10-2010, 10:37

We had the same on 18th September. - Nice touch we thought. I had one blanket on my knee and one round my shoulders- colour co-ordinated of course!
Old 09-10-2010, 11:39

I am looking forward to being snuggled in a lovely clean soft blanket! Can I pre-order a colour do you think!?