Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27-09-2010, 10:08

Default Restaurant Review W/c 18/09/10

Well, we've just got back from our week in PP. This time Mr and Mrs Pep Man were accompanied by my in laws. It was their first time in PP and the first time that they have gone B&B rather than half board and so were able to sample the restaurants.

We stayed in the Miramar and the in laws were impressed with the hotel and PP itself but were most impressed with the food.

We selected a mix of restaurants that we had been to last year plus a few based on good reviews here. All were superb and a couple simply outstanding !

My memory is beginning to fade so I'm sorry I can't remember what everyone had and the exact cost ! We all had starters and a main course plus a bottle of house red, a glass of dry white and bottle of water each night. No pudding or coffee

DAY ONE

THE IVY GARDEN - Doesn't seem to get too much attention on this site but provided a great start to the week. Pretty much every table taken so a good atmosphere. I had a lovely suckling pig and a prawn and squid starter. The starter was a special and I didn't realise the cost (15e) until the end - my fault for not asking I suppose. Cost about 120e. Surprised this restaurant hasn't featured more in the top 3 thread.

DAY TWO

CORB MARI - We went here last year and it was one of our faves. Still as good but I think we found some new eateries this year which were better so it's dropped out of the top 3 for me. A fine steak for me. Mrs Pep had rabbit while the outlaws both had chicken and mushroom kebabs. because we were staying at the Miramar we were entitled to a free bottle of wine which was nice. Overall cost about 95e. Lovely setting as well

DAY THREE

EL POSITO - This was Monday 20th and it was raining so we decided to forego a romantic setting and went inland. I had the best steak I have ever had (although it was bettered a couple of days later ! ) Stuffed peppers were fine as well. Cost about 115e. The only downside is that the tables tend to be in slightly regimented rows but I'm being very picky here. I would recommend booking as at 8 o'clock people were having to wait. Voted best restaurant of the week by Mrs Inlaw

DAY FOUR

LOS ZARZALES - We went here last year and had a superb fish and seafood paella. Mrs Pep and I thought it was just as good but this restaurant caused a little controversy by being Mrs Inlaws least favourite by some way. She didn't enjoy the famous broad beans and was not keen on the paella. Cost about 125e

Mrs Pep however voted it as her fave restaurant of the week

DAY FIVE

LOS PESCADORES - What can I say about this place ? We were up on the verandah on a perfect moonlit night and I think this was the best meal that I have ever had. Crab salad followed by the most perfect steak. Fortunately neither Mr or Mrs Inlaw could finish their pork or lamb (the quantities are huge ! ) and so I was able to road test theirs as well - equally delicious

This meal and location will live long in the memory. Cost 128e. I would recommend booking because the verandah is small Voted my fave restaurant.

DAY SIX

C'AN JOSEP - Again we had been here last year. We had to have a table in the restaurant because all the tables at the front were booked and we ended up being a little too near the (very good) guitarist. Nevertheless we all had another superb meal. I had a shoulder of lamb which was smaller than the one served in Los P and everybody else had the hake. Cost about 120e and voted best restaurant by Mr Inlaw

DAY SEVEN

LITTLE ITALY - Another superb setting almost on the beach and a superb seafood pizza for me. Everybody else had pasta and all were impressed. Again I would recommend booking as it did fill up. Cost 110e

So that was the evenings.Interestingly all four of us chose a different favourite which I guess is a good thing We tended to go for pre dinner drinks in the square and post dinner drinks and coffee at C'an Pescado just in front of the Corb Marie. We had a couple of lunches here and the staff were all really friendly. We had a debate whether there is a mother and daughter team working here but didn't like to ask in case we had got it wrong ! !

Back to bangers and mash now

Last edited by Pepperoni Man; 27-09-2010 at 10:12.
Sponsored Links
Old 29-09-2010, 23:48

Great report Pepperoni Man but I can't believe somebody disliked Los Zarzales! Los Pescadores, of course, is one of my favourites and I'm not surprised it was liked by all of your group. Sitting upstairs on the balcony over-looking the beach and enjoying their great food and drinking in the atmosphere. Brilliant. I haven't been to any of the others you mentioned but I shall make a note of them and pencil them in as possibilities for next year.
Old 30-09-2010, 16:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollpott View Post
Great report Pepperoni Man but I can't believe somebody disliked Los Zarzales! Los Pescadores, of course, is one of my favourites and I'm not surprised it was liked by all of your group. Sitting upstairs on the balcony over-looking the beach and enjoying their great food and drinking in the atmosphere. Brilliant. I haven't been to any of the others you mentioned but I shall make a note of them and pencil them in as possibilities for next year.
Horses for courses I guess. I take some of the blame myself as I had been telling her how good the paella was for months leading up to the holiday. I think it was probably the fact that she was not keen on paella rather than Los Zarzales.

Looks like we are going to be scrapping for a table at Los Peescadores next year though ! !
Old 01-10-2010, 13:45

Thanks for that Pepperoni Man. You visited so many of our favourite places that I feel quite envious and would love to be back in the port.

Los Pescadores was a new discovery for us in August and, like you, we will most certainly be returning without fail.

Anyway, the good news is that the EasyJet flights from Liverpool have been released, we've already got a villa booked.....so only the winter to survive then!

Thanks for a great report.

Duncan
Old 08-10-2010, 16:34

To all you lovers of Los Pescadores,you are going to be disappointed next time.....unless you want to buy a sea front apartment!
Old 08-10-2010, 20:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo66 View Post
To all you lovers of Los Pescadores,you are going to be disappointed next time.....unless you want to buy a sea front apartment!
Just read about that - gutted - I haven't felt this bad since Wolves were relegated from the Premier League in 2004 - that's how bad I feel ! !