Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2010, 23:19
Super Moderator

Thumbs down Los Pescadores..bad news

I am very sorry to have to report that Los Pescadores will close permanently at the end of this month. The owner of the building has decided to turn it into apartments .
It is a sad day as this was one of my favourite restaurants and i know an awful lot of forum members will feel the same but i wish Marie Angeles well for the future in whatever she does. Can i also publicly thank her and her staff for providing delicious food with great service in a fantastic setting.
Old 07-10-2010, 23:53

Terrible news.....always enjoyed my meals there but never did try the upstairs terrace.....sad that I won't be able to now

Pollpott is going to be extremely devastated.
Old 08-10-2010, 02:43

I spoke to her in the summer and she told me they had to close but they are looking for another place they looked at katys but was not possible to many complications
we are now running out of places to sit and enjoy a drink first katys now pescadores
Old 08-10-2010, 09:27

That is a shame. Only discovered it this year, and like favie, we were looking forward to trying the terrace. Another loss.
Old 08-10-2010, 09:32

This is sad news, I hope they manage to get a new place, but the location is so perfect. Who is next Little Italy? Are there any rules about developments on the Pinewalk, change of use. Where is there now for a great meal and drink on the walk, hotels apart? It will be greatly missed.
Old 08-10-2010, 10:13

Doubt if she'll have a problem finding another place to open! Never actually tried the place, but it's a sad loss to the Pine Walk. Another pretty little bit of PP has gone
Old 08-10-2010, 11:15

WHAT!! Los Pescadores closing?
I can't believe this. I'm gutted.
I certainly hope Maria gets another place.
When I spoke to her in September, I asked what she was going to do at the end of the season and she said she has another place, 'Panin Nord,' (which I think is more of a cafe than a restaurant.) I assumed she meant going there until the start of next season. But this is a real shock. All I need now if for Los Zarzales to close and I will have to seriously consider my hols in PP.
Mind you, if Los Pesc is turned into apartments they will certainly have a magnificent view, with magnificent rental prices, no doubt.
Yours very sadly,
Senor Tony, (as Maria calls me).
Old 08-10-2010, 11:45

This is really sad news - it was an unbeatable combination of good food and fabulous location and the latter will probably be impossible to duplicate, unless another premises becomes empty on that stretch of beach. Although we only discovered Los Pescadores this year (can't think why) it went straight to the top of our favourites list - hopefully it will reopen not far away.
Old 08-10-2010, 11:46

First time to post so hope this is okay. We have been visiting Puerto Pollensa since 1994 and Los Pescadores has been one of our favourite restaurants so we're very sad to hear that it is closing. In recent years we discovered that the terrace was a perfect vantage point for viewing the fireworks at the end of a perfect meal so we'll have to find a new spot for next year. I'd like to join in wishing Angie and her staff all the best for the future and I have no doubt that we will see them elsewhere in PP.

Looking forward to three weeks in July next year but in the meantime I'll be getting my fix on the forum.
Old 08-10-2010, 11:49
Super Moderator

Yes Tony she ran Pannini Nord through last winter but i am afraid she and her husband are planning to eventually return to the mainland to live.
Old 08-10-2010, 11:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by pips View Post
This is sad news, I hope they manage to get a new place, but the location is so perfect. Who is next Little Italy? Are there any rules about developments on the Pinewalk, change of use. Where is there now for a great meal and drink on the walk, hotels apart? It will be greatly missed.
Thats the reason the owners of the property are changing it now because after this year nothing beach front can be changed. This could be good because if Katys ever gets sorted it would have to be a Bar/Cafe as it was before
Old 08-10-2010, 12:27

that's bad news, was intending to try it there in a week or so for the first time after reading such great reviews on here
Old 08-10-2010, 12:28

Oh no! Our favourite place is closing. So glad we got a 3 visits in this year, we will miss it so much. Good luck & best wishes to Angie & staff. Thanks for some wonderful evenings.
Old 08-10-2010, 13:23
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by annieh View Post
that's bad news, was intending to try it there in a week or so for the first time after reading such great reviews on here
They are open until the end of the month so you might manage a visit before they close.
Old 08-10-2010, 16:22

Many great memories of Los Pescadores.

Will never forget the night we saw a full moon rise from behind the mountains across the bay.

Fantastic.