Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15-10-2007, 08:06

Default Our latest list

Well, we've recently come back from another week at PP. As we go quite often we tend to stick to menu del dia & mid-range places. We get disappointed when we go somewhere 'special', spend a lot & the food is not that wonderful. It's the cheaper places that surprise us & can offer some great meals. So we visted some old favourites & tried a few new places.

So if I can remember...

First night was Bar Coral - overpriced really but near to where we stay. Having ham & melon, sardines & tumbet with Sangria puts us in the holiday mood.

Someone else has mentioned Los Pescadores on the Pine Walk. It did change hands this year & is always busy now. We've tried to eat upstairs but there have never been any seats but the location right on Pine Walk is good enough! They don't advertise it but they have a snack menu at lunch times - lovely salads & massive baguettes & what a location.

Next night, was Sal i Oli a 'modern' tapas bar owned by the same people as Almirante on the front but they appear to have a cheaper Tapas Menu or rather you can get the mid-day menu at night. A shame it wasn't very busy. By the way, Jane, we had a lovely house red Solar Gran Rioja - we didn't manage to find it any of the shops. A new 'wine bar' called Tast was opening next door - I think the road is Virgen del Carmen with Cap de Canto on the corner.

We had a great Menu del Dia lunch at El Posito - I know we had Fidea (paella with noodles as starter), can't remember the main & lovely 'pudding' made with marmalade!

The following night we thought we'd try Bona Cepa as we've never heard any reports but someone we met told us it was better at the back (via the side door). We looked at the front - not very inspiring - & the carte looked expensive. But at the side door they were advertising a menu for 14 euros - 2 courses plus 1 drink (!). It was OK but we won't be returning. The room is quite nice & traditional (beer barrels etc) but the soup didn't taste home made, my roast lamb was very salty & one tiny glass of wine is pretty mean!

We ate at Makassar (what fire?) - they do a menu now 12 euros without wine. It wasn't bad. The steaks were good but pretty small. Am not sure if I'd go back but it's nice to eat in the square.

Sunday - paella lunch at Ikebana of course - a real laid back Mallorquin lunch.

The following night, a great Menu at Brisa Marina especially if you like fish as it is always very fresh there. Sea Bass on the 'carte' is around 13 euros but for 14 euros you get 3 courses & wine - a no brainer. We had excellent home-made soup, Sea Bass (there was also John Dory) & a lovely home-made Crème Brulee & they are so friendly there.

Last night was O Lume & it was pretty busy for a change. We were going to have the excellent menu at 22 EUR but succumbed to the carte in order to have the lamb chops but it was still around only 30 euro a head. A lovely end to our trip.

& yes Bar Rustic is a great place to go around midnight as was Mulligans on Saturday night with the Hustlers playing great loud rock covers (O'Haras is good for live music too) - These middle-aged men with either no hair or pony tails seem very incongruous in PP - where do they come from? But I'm that age too now so I loved the music..
Sponsored Links
Old 15-10-2007, 15:12

Thanks for a fantastic report - started my day off very well!

Jane
Old 15-10-2007, 16:16

I agree with Jane - a great report and a lovely read. Didn't know Los Pescadores did a snack menu at lunch. Sounds like it's definitely worth a try. LK.
Old 16-10-2007, 16:43

To be honest - very interesting to know that they had changed hands. We stopped going because the staff were a pain - rude and acted as if everything we asked was really causing them alot of trouble! Shame as the food was really and it is a lovely location for lunch.