Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2010, 19:36

Default Bony's

Hi there

Going to PP on Saturday for a short break and just wondered if anyone knew if Bony was still open? always like to stop by for a drink before and after our evening meal.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-2010, 20:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dotty65 View Post
Hi there

Going to PP on Saturday for a short break and just wondered if anyone knew if Bony was still open? always like to stop by for a drink before and after our evening meal.
Dotty,

Yes and will be til early November . Absolutely packed to the gunnels this lunchtime for his 2 Euro baguettes ( and Ryder Cup on TV ) .

I personally was in Maxim's Bistro next door and Jose came over and sat with me for a chat .

No panicko , whilst there are visitors about Bonys will be open !!!!

BonysLad ( No relation )
Old 04-10-2010, 20:52

Default Bony's

Thanks Bonyslad, will look forward to that now on Saturday evening.
Old 05-10-2010, 16:03
Banned

And long may he stay open..............................one of PP's highlights for me !!!

Nowhere else quite like it.
Old 05-10-2010, 17:23

Default Bonys

Also some prices such as a pint of "Verdi" the green one or John Smiths bitter has been reduced for rest of season to 3.80€ from the 4.40€ it has been all summer .Incidentially this drink was over 5.00€ last year so no complaints from me and the hot chocolate with brandy or should it be brandy with hot chocolate at 3.80€ is very good value for a large mugfull to warm you on the chillier evenings now..
Keep up the good work Jose .

The Senor.
Old 05-10-2010, 21:38

Default Bony's

Looking forward to some hot chocolate with my brandy! roll on the weekend, just hope it doesn't rain too much.
Old 07-10-2010, 09:11

We got back yesterday after ten days and we used bonys most nights, the measures are massive and prices have definitley been reduced and the staff very friendly. Their 2 euro baguettes are a big hit too.!!
Old 09-10-2010, 10:34

Its funny really because we thought we would try out Bony's but we didn't like it. We thought the atmosphere was a bit strange, a bit rought, but each to their own
Old 09-10-2010, 22:43

Strange Bucks but we went for the 1st time in 16 years & found it the same as you, but in a way thats why we liked it & yes it is a wee bit strange.
Old 10-10-2010, 16:54

Im with you last 2 posters,I just dont get Bonys.When it first opened their beef bagettes where a good lunch with a cool beer,but over the years i fail to see the current staffs take on things,maybe its me!
But I must say,other than dog mess,Jose certainly stirs up a good deal controvesy on this forum.
Long may we chat!
Old 10-10-2010, 19:52

Each to there own but my wife and I are just home and found all staff at Bony's very pleasant. Jose takes a bit of working out but I never seen anyone go away dissatisfied.
Old 27-10-2010, 13:30

Default Bonys

I was talking to Jose on Monday night and he tells me he is closing for the season this weekend.

He will reopen on the first of April 2011 (but that could be an early April Fool joke!) and for lovers of draught Black Label Guiness the price is going to be 3.50€ all next year.

He asked me to thank everyone on the forum for visiting him again this year

The Senor
Old 27-10-2010, 14:14

Never top of the fan list for Bony's but nevertheless a fan we went one day recently for lunch.

The 2 euro baguette goes a bomb with a choice if about 15 fillings, so will please most, and una cana for me and a red wine, in the little bottle, for ma'am.

Great baguettes, nice filling, all nice and fresh, not like some places where you get an oversized one, made long ago.

While there the man himself Jose was about and one gent found, sitting under the tree, that a bird had **it on his vest, from above.

Jose promptly came over and with the sole of his shoe booted the tree a couple of times and muttering of course.

Goes inside and comes out with napkins and a spray and fully cleans the guy' s vest then proceeds to boot the tree again!

To, naturally, great amusement of all, young and old!

Par for the course!

Ma'am complimented him on the baguettes, to which he replied "Thank you madam , you were lucky today"!

And then to a nearby table says "Is everything alright, I know it is alright, why do I even ask"?

Porto
Old 28-10-2010, 20:18
Banned

The man is a comic genius for me.........along with a bit of "people watching" he is the main reason I visit Bony's. He's a breath of fresh air is this health and safety concious, pink and fluffy bureaucratic world we live in !!!!

Long may he run that place.....
Old 28-10-2010, 22:29

Go Jose Go what a Guy

www.dontcrylove.com

Last edited by snowy2007; 28-10-2010 at 22:34.