Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29-07-2007, 18:04

Default Eating out in July 2007

Just returned from the Port so here is my report.

O’Lume went on Wednesday evening, great welcome from Jamie alas only two other couples in (One being I think he said since found out was MAT55 )good as good as ever, service tip top.
Where could you get 3 courses meal wine bread etc for 20€ under £14.00 a head.
There was just no atmosphere I had my son and his young lady with me Gemma has lived in mainland Spain for a number of years and wanted to go to a typical Spanish restaurant alas this was not it.
I feel for Jamie and O’Lume he’s tried so had to make it work which is a shame as he has it all, just one ingredient missing CUSTOMERS. He was telling me this year has not been good, most of the visitor only want burger and chips on the front.
If you are visiting the Port please do try and have a meal in O’Lume you will not regret it.

El Posito what a change, in all eat here three times once with Gemma’s parents who have joined us for a couple of days from the main land they thought El Posito was bee’s knee’s typical Spanish with great atmosphere and the food wonderful. Starter’s Mallorcain Frito, Tumbet, Baby squid.
Main’s Roast Suckling Pig, Lamb and Sea Bass all washed down with great wine, followed by the customary Herbas on ice.

Host Tony and Pedro run a very tight ship, you can’t help but have a great evening, Tony has at long last got new chairs so you don’t leave with a sore rear end. Tony keep up the good work and keep smiling.

(Just to add as a side note my son had not been back to PP for around 20 years, in those early days when Tony’s dad ran the Pozo, Tony and Paul used to try and chat to each other in the bar, how nice it was for them to meet up again as grown ups, they are both the same age.)

Restaurant Siller having read about Siller on the web site thought I would give it a try, we did eat in here about 20 years ago when all we could get was Pork Chop, changed a bit since then.
Having booked a table which this time of the year is essential to avoid disappointment we ventured in with open minds. Tried same starters as El Posito, wonderful.
Right main course every one goes on about the Steak so it had to be, what a wonderful experience cooked right on the table in front of you and one other best steak’s I have ever eaten.
To sum up the evening truly great wonderful service and Manolo is so proud of what he is giving you to eat he can talk about it for ages.

Cap De Canto did not book just turned up plenty of room decided to try this place as recommendation on the site. Two of us had steak which I must say was very good, One had fish in sauce once again very good. One Sea Bass served very under cooked so was sent back.
Just found this comment on the site
“The Maitre D' of Cap de Canto was very friendly - jovial would be a good way to describe him and he made a fuss of both children”.
We can’t be talking about the same person, agree we did not have children with us, he was sullen and very rude when we asked for the fish be re cooked so much so we nearly got up and left, but steak was to good to leave. My first and last visit, make your own mind up.

Restaurant Llenaire had lunch here first visit wonderful views food and service first class.

Bars “The one and only BONY’S” what can you say about Jose? Anything you like he would just take it in his stride.

Highlight meeting up with CD and hubby Andy for a pre dinner drink how would we know each other Red Rose, Sunday Telegraph under arm no just instinct, there I was enjoying a cola when up comes this young lady are you Snowy straight away I knew it was CD as no other lady would approach me! Well we had a great hour chatting about PP and all the other people on the web site, hope your ears were burning, then along came daughter, friend and Mum and Dad what a super family CD you were everything I thought you were from reading your post, only let down the team you support (Only Joking) look forward to next meeting.

Well that’s PP for another year, by this time next year the new road around the back of Llenaire MAY be open, and the new old peoples home, hope so I am on the waiting list.
Sponsored Links
Old 29-07-2007, 18:44

Default Re: July 2007

......and heard the accommodation was first class too!!
Old 29-07-2007, 19:00

Snowy what a fab review. It looks as if you had a wonderful holiday and the photo's were brilliant

Glad you enjoyed Siller...those steaks are just THE best I've ever eaten too.

O Lume ..I have said this before but I think the reason it's never busy is that the place somehow lacks atmosphere with the bright downlighters and boring decor. It just does not look welcoming when you walk past. It's such a shame because the food and service are great...I reckon a bit of subdued lighting and candles on the tables are all it needs to lure people in. I'm sorry I don't believe Jaime's comment that most visitors want burgers and chips...think that's him in denial!!

Agree wth all you say about the Maitre D of Cap de Canto. Food ok'ish but he makes you feel as if he's doing you a favour and that any moment he might shout at you to take you elbows off the table and not talk with your mouth full. Scary miserable old buffer >:

We've never been to El Posito but will make it a must in September ..food looks good

Debs
Old 29-07-2007, 19:51

Snowy,

I'd like to add my thanks as well - reading your reviews and looking at the photos has me all excited here! 2 weeks and 6 days to go! Really feel like I need a holiday at the moment.

Great post!

Jane
Old 29-07-2007, 20:37

Bella Apartment was great what can I say about the bed except we meet in the middle every night ) :rollin :rollin
Old 29-07-2007, 20:38

Thanks Snowy - Your post is wonderful - it made me feel like I was there with you. Lala
Old 29-07-2007, 20:50

Default Re July 2007

Hi Snowy!

How much we enjoyed your post, knowing the various places and faces.

And great to hear of your meet with that young lady cd!

Trouble here is I"ve just had a sandwich for lunch and I dont think there's a big steak planned for tonight!:rolleyes

Cheers again mate!

Now all you readers get in to O Lume and enjoy!

And El Posito too of course, Tony!:lol
Old 29-07-2007, 21:02
mark1875

Default Re: Re July 2007

Snowy, it must have been my doppledanger as I dont go til August 9! I will pop in aneat at O Lume though and will be heading to La Fortalesa and El Posito the first days.
Old 29-07-2007, 21:47
mat55

We were in o lume on that tuesday night.
I agree that the food and service are excellent but what is missing is atmosphere and somewhere outside to eat.We went to el posito for lunch twice starters of fish soup,tuna salad or mussels ,mains of rabbit with onions,excellent pork frito or john dory.El posito must be the tops for quality and value.
Saturday night to casn costa, excellent as ever fillets of sea bream and cod on a bed of spinach.We went to la roc twice it was excellent for its Pastas.
Old 31-07-2007, 02:58

Snowy,

Thanks for a great review and wonderful photos. Think we probably missed each other but if I'd known you were due there would have been a couple of drinks behind the bar at Bonys for a fellow hornet !

Maybe next time

BonysLad
Old 03-08-2007, 04:06

We also got back Saturday..amongst others
Brisa marina - wonderful fish

La Piazza - great vegetable risotto also the roasted cod on baked red peppers with potatoes and aubergines was good

Tiberi - Had to book a table as there was 8 of us (incl 3 children) so was a earlier than we would normaly eat - excellent meal and they were really helpful with the children

La Font - only small (I believe their main restaurant is in Pollensa town) service a little slow as she was rushed off her feet but well worth the wait - the slow roast lamb with roasted vegetables was superb

.didnt make O'Lume or El Posito but are on the list for october also tried twice to get a table at Suttons but full - friends of ours have said how good the food is - so will also try there in October too

Oh dear - how many weeks to go?:\
Old 04-08-2007, 05:32
rochdale wanderer

Just got back from two scorching weeks in the Port where we ate out in a dozen different places and drank in as many again. Great fun, as on previous holidays have been on half board so little experience of the fantastic choice the Port has to offer.

Our family's highlights - Tango for great value menu del dia and generally good service; Bahia for quality food and lovely views of the bay; Little Italy for great value pizzas (book in advance); Tots for another great value set menu with plenty of choice - lamb shoulder very good; Simbad for basic grub but big portions at 11.50 for three courses and a drink; Codfather still a solid choice for chippy fare;Mollie's cafe for a mean bacon barm and mug of tea!

Others worthy of mention - Nico's tex-mex (we thought a bit better than Dakota) and Helados Garrido for brilliant ice creams and granizados

Not so good - Tolo's (long waits and stuff going backwards and forwards due to being uncooked), El Mojito (frantic service yet took ages for things to arrive, plus a @#%$-up with bill).

Some great places for drinks included Orange (pricey but great location / cool atmosphere); Miramar (great for people watching ans surprisingly cheap); Bonys (still as madcap as ever!); Daina (decent value and always handy for resident 'turns' or street entertainers)

Port is still a wonderful place we never get tired of; our two daughters have grown up with the place and despite reaching the age where Ibiza, Magalluf etc. are a draw, they still enjoy what Port has to offer as much as we do.
Old 05-08-2007, 01:17

What a great Post Rochdale Wanderer

We will have been there at the same time , I have been back a week and life back at home has been so hectic I havn't even found time to post yet ..... but will be doing so later this weekend

Interested in what you had to say about Tots ..... we used to go to Tots many years ago wen Juan and Catherine still ran it.

We went about 4 years ago and were disapointed, which is such a shame because we really did wish the new owner well, ( having a senior moment here , can't remember his name for the life of me is it ). He had served Juan and Catherine well and deserved to make a go of things.

We went again this year by accident really ... we were intending visiting the Tapas / Grill bar just down the road but it was closed so decided to gove Tots a go. We all had the shoulder of Lamb because of the fond memories from the old days and I am so so please to say that it was really good. I am pleased.
Old 17-10-2007, 21:01
LouLou

Default Suttons

Can anyone tell me where Suttons is. I'm rubbish with street names but if someone could guide me with landmarks I would be really grateful. I've looked at their advert on here but just can't picture where it is - I don't know how I've managed to miss it after so many visits to PP.

Also, I'm having the same problem with a place call El Molino in Pollensa town. I've looked at their map but again, I can't work out it's location. Can anyone give me an idea?

I'm back in PP soon and want to try lots of restaurants I've read about on here - O'Lume of course is a must but I actually know where that is!

Thank you
Old 17-10-2007, 23:02
Founder

Default Re: Suttons

Suttons has a small advert here www.puertopollensa.com/restaurants_bars_cafes.html#suttons & basically they are on the main coast road more or less opposite the marina/bus station. If I'm wrong, someone please correct me!