Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   Cala San Vicente Restaurants (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/664-cala-san-vicente-restaurants.html)

blueskylettings 18-03-2007 22:37

Cala San Vicente Restaurants

I am compiling a list of Telephone Numbers of the restaurants/snack bars in Cala San Vicente. I have most of them from the net, but can anyone tell me the numbers for: -

Bistro Balaixa
Marinas

Also, I hear a rumour that a new restaurant is opening in CSV this summer - possibly the old Pizzeria (closed for the last couple years) opposite the Trattoria. Does anyone know the name, details and (obviously!) Telephone Number?

Thanks!

BSL

pollensa 19-03-2007 00:22

I'm afraid I don't have any of these at the moment - but when you do have a list, please do post it here with any comments about the places that would be helpful for visitors - thank you.

blueskylettings 25-04-2007 06:07

Re. Cala San Vicente Restaurants

OK - here goes then!!! In alphabetical order (and accepting no responsibility for any changes or mistakes!) ....

1. Bar Mallorca (+34 971 534603)
2. Beer Cellar (+34 971 530300)
3. Bistro Balaixa (+34 971 533075)
4. Cafe Art 66 (+34 971 534080)
5. Cala Barques (+34 971 534336)
6. Ca'l Patro (+34 971 533899)
7. Cavall Bernat (+34 971 530250)
8. L'Alba (+34 971 533614)
9. La Moraleja (+34 971 533403)
10. Marinas (+34 971 533565)
11. Modesto (+34 971 533849)
12. Molins Beach Bar (+34 971 530200)
13. Niu (+34 971 530100)
14. Pepe's (+34 971 532511)
15. Trattoria (+34 971 530250)
16. Trotters (+34 971 530694)
17. Windsurf (+34 971 534064)

pollensa 25-04-2007 15:59

Re: Re. Cala San Vicente Restaurants

That's great thanks. Do you have any comments on what sort of food all these places do, atmosphere etc.

blueskylettings 25-04-2007 17:35

Re. Cala San Vicente Restaurants (Reviews/Comments)

OK - here goes again!

1. Bar Mallorca - Tapas, Pa amb oli, Salads and breakfasts. Nicely located overlooking Cala Molins beach, and very popular with touring cyclists.
2. Beer Cellar - Part of Hotel Simar. Newly opened last year. Have seen people eating snacks, but haven't done so myself yet. Roadside table/chairs, nice ambience.
3. Bistro Balaixa - Newly opened last year. Stylish, but not as popular as the rustic charm of La Tasca, the restaurant it replaced. Small meals, big prices.
4. Cafe Art 66 - Newly opened in April 2007. Is primarily just a cafe-chic type bar - very stylish, and attracting out of town business. Tapas and snacks.
5. Cala Barques - The tables overlooking the beach command possibly the best restaurant views in CSV. Al fresco griddled food - big on meat dishes. Recommended.
6. Ca'l Patro - Picture an authentic Spanish restaurant built in to the hillside, and this is it! Stunning open-fireplace, genuine atmosphere. Fish a speciality.
7. Cavall Bernat - Generally regarded as the classiest restaurant in the centre of CSV, expensive, exclusive, and well worthy of it's good reputation.
8. L'Alba - Situated next to the main car park, with views to Cala Molins beach. Trusty, mid-range prices, 'proper' restaurant but children feel welcome.
9. La Moraleja - This hotel restaurant is understood to be first-rate. Certainly looks the business! Have never eaten there myself, though.
10. Marinas - Near Cala Clara, but sea views compromised by Don Pedro Hotel. Popular with families and late-night revellers - stays open when CSV closes!
11. Modesto - Vegetarians stay away! Very big emphasis on meat dishes, always cooked impeccably. Great value for money. Often open when CSV is generally closed.
12. Molins Beach Bar - Name identifes location. Very popular in summer-time, particularly on days when the buffet is available. Swimwear standard - it is what it is!
13. Niu - Hotel restaurant, but open to everyone, and built on three tiers. Some areas have great sea views over Cala Barques beach. Mid-range fayre and prices.
14. Pepe's - Adjacent to the new promenade being built next to the Torrent, cheap, slow service, but seemingly very popular with families - particularly the Brits.
15. Trattoria - Possibly the most frequented restaurant in CSV - versatile (indoor or outdoor both very good), looks the business, Italian food, professional service.
16. Trotters - Cheap and cheerful. No pretensions - caters to burger and chip brigade. Now staying open later than before, for late arrivals needing feeding!
17. Windsurf - Lower-end option, frequented in numbers by locals. Doesn't attempt to compromise to non-Spanish/Mallorquin tourists as much as location suggests!

joelise80 25-04-2007 20:23

Tolo's

Hi, does anyone know what happened to Tolo's bar? It was shut when we visited CSV last year and looked like it had been for sometime.

blueskylettings 25-04-2007 20:28

Re: Tolo's

It is permanently closed, and will now forever remain so. Tolo's has been sold to a property developer, who is in the advanced stages of building five luxury penthouse apartments on the site.

joelise80 25-04-2007 20:41

What a shame, it was a really good place to eat. We struggled last year to find somewhere good and ended up driving into Puerto Pollensa most nights. Trotters was OK for drinking and atmosphere but they weren't doing food when we stayed early in the season.

mallorcaboy 25-04-2007 21:08

Trotters CSV changed hands again at the end of last season so you may find it different this year.
I remember when this was a bar called Migulels. It was a great place for families to eat in the evening. Paco and Maria moved to PP and opened the Vista Mar, which then became Ye Old Tea Rooms. Can't remember what it is now. Ho hum, how time flies.
Which Tolo's are we talking about??

blueskylettings 25-04-2007 21:31

Tolo's was located between Marinas and the Windsurf, opposite the Don Pedro. Trotters CSV is now run by a guy from Northern Ireland (and sometimes supported by his family). Frankly, it's not my favourite place by some stretch, but each to their own and all that, and rumour has it that they are now keeping the kitchen open to cater for late arrivals in the resort, who have sometimes found all the eaterie's closed earlier than expected.

I must confess that I'm a bit surprised that joelise80 found it difficult to find somewhere good, and necessary to drive to PP every night. Maybe it was VERY early in the season, so not many places were open yet, but each time I go I run out of time to visit all the CSV restaurants I would like to eat at!

pollensa 25-04-2007 21:48

Re: CSV

Thanks very much for that list Blue Sky - there's obviously a lot more there than Bar Mallorca which is where we normally end up for a Pa amb Oli, especially early in the year.

joelise80 27-04-2007 04:36

We stayed in early May last year and most places were either shut or not doing food. There was a place just being done up near the storm drain but it hadn't yet opened when we left. We are going again this year in a few weeks so lack of eating out would never out us off such a beautiful place. The whole resort was pretty deserted when we were there other than on the weekend when all the locals came to the beach. Thanks for list anyway Blue Sky, we will hope that some are open when we go!

bee66 03-05-2007 07:35

Bluesky, I do like your post re places to eat in CSV. L'Alba has got to be one of our favourites. I hope dolores or lolly is still the owner. We are also very fond of La Marinas bar/cafe. Had a memorable 2hr. lunch there a couple of years ago. We made up our own tapas from the menu and sat there eating great snacks washed down with a couple of bottles of wine.:D :D :D Could I ask you a favour-- or two!! I know that its possible to book hostel los pinos independently but do you know of any tour co. that have it in their brochure, also have you any idea what is happening at the hotel mayol?When we were in CSV 2yrs. ago it was shut. Shame the couple have gone from trotters, had a memorable day there when england won the ashes!!!

pollensa 03-05-2007 15:34

Hi Bee,

we list all the hotels in Cala San Vicente plus any tour operators that we are aware of here puertopollensa.com/hotels_calasanvicente.html Currently the only company we know about is 'Try Holidays' (used to be Alternative Mallorca). If anyone knows of any others do let us know.

klad1 03-05-2007 19:05

Modesto

Blueskylettings. Modesto changed hands last year, the old Modesto was one of our favourite restaurants for good simple food and great ambiance. My son has eaten there since but was a little disappointed. We are hoping this was just initial teething problems and will give the place another chance this summer. I wondered if your comments above related to the old or new Modesto. TIA