Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2008, 21:06

Default Eu Centro ( What a lovely day here in Pollenca Town !!!!! )

Having totally failed to wind you all up re April Fools just had to stir all you ,snow shivering folk in the UK,up about the fantastic day it's been here !!!
Woke to brilliant sunshine with the temperature rising by the minute. As usual, Sunday, Pollenca market is "de rigeuer" whether you're en vacances or here for a longer period. Place absolutely packed and fought to get a car parking spot. Anyway , quick look round and lovely cup of coffee in sun drenched square. Partly spoiled by braying young couple on next table wittering some yuppy nonesense about mobile phone technology article in today's Sunday Times. Really some people !!!!!! Why can't they just enjoy what's in front of them.* Tried to dodge the sun as we passed the stalls but Bonyladette succumbed, as usual, to the jewellery. Can't ever recall ever buying a solitary carrot from the excellent fruit and veg stalls in nearly twenty years but secured enough trinkets and baubles to fully deck out fifty theatre company casts of "Hair " ( OK, so that dates us !!!!!).
Anyway, time for a pre lunch aperitif so find a perfect spot on the terrace at the foot of the Calveri steps. Shade at an absolute premium but managed to get a good table . Wonderful scene, the excellent local guitarist busking away and little tots dancing around him to the strains of " Pretty Woman", it really was a sight to gladden the heart.
" I wonder what the poor are doing ? " I quip to BLT as we sip our drinks , desperately trying to keep our body parts out of the scorching sun.
And so onto [B]Eu Centro[B] for lunch. Nice little restaurant tucked in the alleyway by the church. Most tables reserved , so good sign, but they manage to squeeze us in. Looked just right, local food, nice tablecloths and friendly welcoming staff. Abba's greatest hits playing away in the background but it ain't too obtrusive. We both start off with fried veg tapas and then suckling pig for Bonyladette and rabbit baked in onions para mi. Bit concerned when mine came with chips but having consumed a few mouthfuls realised it was the perfect match. Good bottle of Rioja and we enjoyed a fabulous meal.
Place by now packed out with locals out enjoying their Sunday lunch.BLT started to feel a bit guilty on examining her remains says " This little piglet must only have been about six weeks old". Anyway, she is soon consoled by the excellent crema catalana as a pud. All around us were enjoying the excellent Mallorquien food which all looked just great. at one point the young woman on the next table yanked her breats out and fed this gorgeous baby boy. Somehow it just kinda matched the place we were in and the ambience of it all.So coffee and settled the bill ( just under 60 euros for 3 courses, nice bottle of rioja, water & coffee ).
Abba continued to chortle away." Money, money, money, it's a kinda funny, its a rich man's world "
Sponsored Links
Old 06-04-2008, 21:15

Fab Bonyslad! Sounds like a perfect day out. It is FREEZING here! enjoy!
Lala
Old 06-04-2008, 21:16

Default Eu Centro

Sun obviously got to me as I hit the sent button too early.

To continue then, thoroughly recommend Eu Centro , really good place and a definite " return to".

Strolled back in the sun through the square where the council guys were clearing the market debris.

Had to run the air con in the car for five minutes cos the temp gauge said 29 degrees.

Careful in that snow guys

BonysLad
Old 06-04-2008, 21:25

Great review, as usual, Bonyslad!

It's good to read a glowing report from Eu Centro. We went there last year and although I was sorely disappointed with my non-meal (I ordered an omelette for a starter and received it for my main course -lack of communication!) hubby had a delicious meal of kid which he raved about!

I would like to try it again and as our villa is close to Pollensa this year, I can see us eating there in August!

Jane

Oh...and by the way...it's snowing here as I write!
Old 06-04-2008, 22:13

Default Eu Centro

Im a regular visitor to Centro, its always excellent,mallorcan food,good prices and a friendly owner.

The local meat etc is especially good and my favourite plce for "mallorcan frito".

Everyone should try it when in Pollenca!
Old 06-04-2008, 22:31

And to cap it all at long last they got 3 points
Old 07-04-2008, 08:28

Bonyslad, I'm so jealous. It sounds like a perfect Sunday to me. It seems as though you've been over there ages, or do you live there permanently? That's put Eu Centro on the list as another one to try. I think we'd better dust the bikes off when we finally move in - I'm going to need the exercise!
Old 07-04-2008, 08:33

Default directions please

Where is it ?
Old 07-04-2008, 08:46

Default Eu Centro

CD,

Take the right alleyway at the side of the church, keep on right past LuLus and it's tucked into the right hand side.

Sandy,

No not permanent, third trip this year but am aiming on spending moretime here than UK this year. Athu's gone from the Chroissanteria on our corner. Moved into the new snackbar on the roundabout. Just off there now for me first fix of caffein. Don't know whether to do the beach or a stroll somewhere in the sun ?

Guys,

Get on with your work and keep the UK economy going ( & my money safe )

Kidding , as always

BonysLad
Old 07-04-2008, 09:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowy2007 View Post
And to cap it all at long last they got 3 points
Snowy,

Yeah and then to cap it yesterday at the Vic, Sarries 19 Wales ( sorry Ospreys !!! ) 10.

Allez Les Noires !!!!!!

BonysLad
Old 07-04-2008, 09:40

Just a friendly reminder, guys...

The Tapas Bar is the place to post sporting messages! Please can we keep this topic on Eu Centro!

Thanks

Jane
Old 22-09-2008, 14:53

It would be a nice long lunch in a place where most of the customers were locals – guys on their lunch break. Of course, this isn’t always a clue to good food. Having the same nationality as the type of cuisine is no guarantee - think how packed Harvesters are. But, in this case, food was pretty good.

Frito Mallorquin was the usual combination of potato, veg and liver – well flavoured with fennel and red chilli. Some might have found the heat of the chilli a little too aggressive but it worked for me.

Fried veg brought a plate of the constant companions – onion, pepper, aubergine and courgette. A perfectly fine starter which was followed by a perfectly fine cannelloni.

The other main of “lomo con col” was well made. Flavoursome pork steak, a little overdone and wrapped in cabbage. A sprinkling of raisins and pine nuts on top, together with a thin tomato based gravy, enriched with the meat juices. Some chips were on the side – frozen, of course, but fired to an appealing brown.

Coffee was good and strong. Life’s companion sank a quick cana but we mainly drank water. Bill was €32.