Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2007, 22:45
blueskylettings

Default Re: CSV

Bee

Just to follow up with what I know:

1. I ate at L'Alba last month, and am pleased to report that Lolly is still there!

2. Unfortunately, Marinas looked in a sad state! I understand that there was a little bit of storm damage during the winter, and Tomas had to arrange for scaffolding to be erected to repair it. All the tables and chairs were stacked up, and it was not due to re-open immediately - of course, it may be open again now ...

3. We know the hostel well, as we own one of the properties on the Ca'n Botana holiday villa complex situated next to Los Pinos. However, I'm afraid I can't add anything to what 'Pollensa' has already told you.

4. I first visited CSV in November 2004, and the Hotel Mayol has never been open in that time. Shame, as the location is good, but when you sit looking at it from Bar Mallorca, it looks like it would take one hell of a lot of refurb expenditure before it could re-open.

5. Trotters - can imagine it was good to watch the Ashes being won! Had a good day in there myself watching The Grand National last month.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2007, 22:51
blueskylettings

Default Re: Modesto

klad

I ate at The Modesto in both 2005 and last year. To be quite honest, I hadn't cottoned on to the fact that it had changed ownership. I really like it there, and personally didn't note any discernible change (at least some of the staff were still the same). So, in answer to your question, my comments above related to both the 'old' AND the 'new' Modesto!
Old 04-05-2007, 01:49

Default Re Modesto

Sorry folks not been in Modesto!

However, welcome back Bee!

Where have you been , your posts have been missed!

Maybe you've been rushing your lunches, squeezing them in to two hours!:lol

Anyway , as I said, we're all pleased to see you again!
Old 04-05-2007, 23:35

Default Re: Re Modesto

We generally go to Modesto each time we visit PP/CSV.
Its excellent but remember its a grill restaraunt,which as you would expect large portions of meat,grilled,some fish,also.
But itsvery good the owners are friendly and the street is very quiet in the evening so its a welcome change to the bustle of other places.
If you enjoy BBQ is fine.
Ohh, you usually get a baked potato too,which makes a change!
Old 06-05-2007, 03:31
klad1

Default Re: Re Modesto

Thanks blueskylettings. We will definately go again this summer. I am still curious though as to who is running the place now as my son said he didnt see any of the old staff there last year. I dont recall the baked potatoes either just huge bowls of salad and the most delicious chips served as standard with the barbequed meat or fish.
Old 07-05-2007, 20:48
joelise80

Default Can Botana Villas

Hi Blueskylettings, we are going back to Can Botana for our fourth visit in a fortnights time. We really love it there, do you rent out your villa? If so which one is it as we book through Portvil, and will be looking to book next years visit to CSV.
Old 07-05-2007, 21:25
blueskylettings

Default Re. Can Botana Villas

Hi Joelise

We certainly do! Our property is two-bedrooms, and is number 10 Can Botana. Hope you have a great time later this month. I'm not out there again until a long weekend in about 6 weeks, so I am a bit envious!

Incidentally, Portvil's calendar for the following year is sometimes a little late in being posted, as all the owners usually try to reach a consensus about the rates to charge - which take a little bit of time! Therefore, the calendar on our own website which shows rates for direct bookings is usually posted a month or so earlier. More than happy if you go through Portvil instead, but it might give you some certainty if you are looking at booking next year's flights as soon as they are made available.

However, having said all that, we haven't set our own rates for 2008 yet either!

[edited by Webmaster - sorry but cannot allow advertising here - please use messaging via ezInbox to exchange details etc.]
Old 30-05-2007, 02:44
Stray Cat UK

Default Re: Re. Can Botana Villas

Hi All

Just back from a week in CSV, very windy but we all had a good time!

Just an update on restaurants -
Bistro Balaixa - was closed a couple of nights we were there for no apparant reason.
Modesto - closed a couple of nights and one night were errecting a new pergola whilst open!
Bar Mallorca - was open later on Saturday night than other nights
Windsurf and Marina were open but we didn't eat there.
Alba was open but fairly quiet.
Pepe's was closed a couple of nights.
Hotels were open but quietish.

If anyone goes to Can Botana Villas please can you let me know if kittens are Ok?
Old 19-10-2007, 21:33
dgimages

Default Re: Re. Can Botana Villas

I'd just like to add a big thumbs-up for Modesto in Cala San Vicente.

We've just returned from CSV, and definitely had our most enjoyable meals at Modesto. Staff friendly and welcoming, with a wonderful atmosphere. Very child friendly (even showing our daughters the kitchen area).
Perfectly cooked steaks and excellent fish.

Definitely one to remember for next time.
Old 05-05-2008, 23:52

Default all change at Restaurant Niu

Just back from great weekend in PP. Very sad to see that ownership at Hotel Niu in CSV has changed. We rated this as a real favourite for a place with spectacular views, really good reasonably priced food and a great welcome from the guy with the moustache and his lovely wife.

Seems it's been taken over by a big group. First bad sign was hideous orange menu just like a couple of places in PP. Menu was clearly centrally bought stuff and food was pretty inedible.

Worst thing was the absolutely genuine sadness in the eyes of the waiter. He's been demoted from maitre d' to just a waiter, replaced by manager who was smarmy, over-familiar and just plain useless. The whole thing was pretty terrible.

As we left, the old guy shook my hand and shook his head. He didn't need to say a word. What a pity!
Old 06-06-2008, 22:30

graham, I've just read your post about the Hotel Niu and I'm shocked.We stayed there 20years ago when Sr. Gomez was there and Juan was a young waiter. Whenever we go to CSV we always go there for lunch and a chat with Juan. We are going to be in CSV this September and was going to take some photos of our grand children to show him.We will still go there even if its just for a drink. Really upsetting news.
Old 23-09-2008, 10:21

Default Trotters/Irish Bar

This was our first visit to CSV. Having browsed the forum, I checked out the bars. I searched high and low for "Trotters"! I then enquired to find out it is now the "Irish Bar". Same owners just a name/image change. Whilst other bars were full, very few drinkers in the Irish Bar. Perhaps because of high priced imported beer, against a lot less expensive San Miguel in other bars.
If it's football you want then the Irish Bar is the place to go. If my own team was on TV then I'd be there.