Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22-09-2010, 21:53

Default Our 2 weeks in PP - week 2!

9/9 – Trios, acrobatic show on at the apts our son wanted to see so somewhere near. Set meal again, 2 starters salmon and prawn salad, spinach cannelloni, cod and chips (put the home ones to shame), chicken in mushroom sauce, childs roast chicken and sweets, I personally like the jacket potatoes and veg here, can’t fault the food and service – only thing that did annoy me was the man on the table next to us insisted on smoking between each course and blowing in my direction (but being an ex smoker maybe I make more of a fuss than normal!!) still not nice though and makes you appreciate the smoking ban in the UK.

10/9 – back to Fletchers – food was superb, 1 chicken and 1 goats cheese starter, hubby had Pork I had the tuna with spicy noodles and veg – fab!! Apple crumble knocked spots off the one I had in Hells kitchen and hubby had the millionaire shortbread (again!!) they serve it warm with ice cream and cream. Finished the meal off with 2 Mojitos and Maureen brought us Tia Maria on the house. Told them afterwards we’d learned about them on the forum and were really impressed with their food, service, everything about the place – ticked all the boxes for us. Maybe a little more English but the quality is second to none and the price unbelievable– I think maybe they should think about charging a bit more – its well worth it. I wish them all the best and it will be the first place we head for next time we visit. Plans to expand on the menu I think for next year too!

11/9 – Our Wedding Anniversary!! Decided on Bar Coral after the gorgeous meal we’d had last year on our last night. What a mistake that was!! I had my heart set on Shoulder of Lamb (had this last time) but they had none. The special beef casserole was recommended but they had no potatoes to go with it - didn’t tempt me. Starter was large Tapas to share, which was a bowl of fried mush!! grilled prawns for me- swimming in oil (asked if I could have them with chips and was charged an additional 5 euros for the pleasure) childs burger and Steak Diane for OH – did state served with veg and roast potatoes. What he got was three bits of meat, maybe steak maybe not?? covered in what looked like custard, with a handful of chips. I can honestly say in the 5 years we have been to PP this was the worst meal ever. I ate what I could, hubby ate most of his as he was starving and we told them it was really poor but they looked at us as if we were silly!!! We asked for the bill straight away and left (not only was this the worst meal it was the most expensive) Sorry but whether we were just unlucky or what I couldn’t eat there again!!

12/9 – Brisa Marina, an old favourite, got my shoulder of lamb which was lovely and OH had Monkfish Marinere (huge portion) childs pork escalope and sweets of Almond biscuit and hot chocolate sauce – put a smile on my face as hubby said I had been grumpy from the night before!!

13/9 – Hibiscus – offering a set menu for 16.90, another one that will be crossed off our list, average food I had suckling pig (without any pork!), hubby had John Dory which he said was ok, what really annoyed me was the charge for the bread! 3 bread rolls, and a dozen olives for 6 euros!! Set menu includes a drink but wouldn’t go back to sample again.

14/9 – Kashmir – don’t normally do Indian on hols but seemed so popular and didn’t disappoint. Special platter to start, Chicken Balti and Chicken Tikka Masala, 2 Nan, 2 Rice – delicious!!

15/9 – our last night and wanted to go back to Guru but it was closed!!!! Went to Bodega again, Mixed Fish platter for me, Steak in peppercorn sauce and childs fish and chips, followed by the most delicious tiramisu.

We also sampled the breakfast in C’an Josep, which was really good – think it was only 5 euros each and to have your breakfast with that view is just lovely.

Hope I haven’t bored you too much – apart from our wedding anniversary disaster we still enjoyed our 2 weeks – discovered some new places and realise that there are still so many to try just not enough nights to do it in!!
Sponsored Links
Old 22-09-2010, 22:05

A couple of good posts with your 2 weeks write ups Mandy, and some interesting comments too. Well done!
Old 22-09-2010, 23:02

what a shame Mandy - why do the meals that you want to be so special so often disappoint?
Old 23-09-2010, 14:50

As it was our wedding anniversary that memory will stay with me for quite a while!! Had it been any other night I would probably give Bar Coral another try but my husband is adament that he will never go back, never mind there are plenty of others we like.
Old 23-09-2010, 19:42

Glad you enjoyed your two weeks Mandy but so sorry to hear about your disappoinment with Bar Coral....one of my favourite places! Don't hear too many reviews on it, good or bad, oddly enough!! I would have been devastated if I went and their was NO lamb (it is to die for)...especially on such a special occasion.
Surprised at their reaction and lack of concern on your thoughts on the meal....not like them.
Good to hear you discoverd Guru and enjoyed so much....another fav of mine!