Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22-09-2010, 11:54

Default restaurant review Sept 10

Recent trip to PP 11th Sept First night we thought we would try Nostalgia as loved Can Pacienci and they have the same chef. Food was ok I wanted a steak but not chips but I could only have the jacket potato if I had the 12oz steak not 8oz not impressed with lack of service 55 euros.
2nd night tried Ikekebaba near the PP Hotel bit basic didnt like any of the starters but went for the sea bass special. It was very nice not swimming in oil 50 euros.
3rd night we ate in got a chicken and salad from Al Fresco for 17 euros was lovely beetroot salad and trampo and potato salad and sat on the veranda and watched the world go by.
4th night we went to Tango I had avocado starter hubby had melon I had steak again hubby had rabbit bottle of wine 80 euros. Service excellent but food mediocre.
5th night La fortelsa never been before always looked. Service was really excellent run by a family wife english been there 10 years. We had tapas to start really lovely crab croquette frito mallorian and a prawn dish. Husband had shoulder of lamb and I had pork fell of the bone. Bottle of wine 80 euros.
Definitley one to remember.
6th Night opted to go into old Pollenca and went to another favourite La Font De Gall I had asparagus with poached egg hubby had haggis. Main course hubby had monkfish casserole and I had tuna loin with spicy sauce and noodles. We both had sweets and half bottle of wine 77 euros by far the best meal of the holiday.
7th night we made our mistake our son loves Maxims so we opted for our last meal there. Service was absolutely get them in and get them out. I had a summer salad drowned in french dressing hubby had a fish casserole that had a ton of salt in it. When the waitress asked if we didnt like the food and hubby replied no she stormed off with the plates and took ages to bring the bill. Shame as son really likes this restaurant perhaps they were having an off night.
Miss Can Pacienci and Balixia also came in June and felt that the best restaurants now appear to be in Old Pollenca perhaps a new one will open to replace the standard of the old.
Sponsored Links
Old 22-09-2010, 16:58

Very good concise report , poshbeck!

Tell it as it is.

You didn't miss and hit the wall!
Old 22-09-2010, 17:14

Thanks for a very frank report , much appreciated.
Old 23-09-2010, 00:19

Smile Nostalgia

Sorry to hear that your meal in Nostalgia wasn't up to expectations.
A large group of us ate there last Friday and we were very happy with the meal and the service.
We all ate off the 'Specials' menu - just under 10 euros each. A couple of our party wanted steak with salad with no chips and that was what they were served. All the steaks were perfectly cooked & tender. The fish special - hake in a light batter - was declared delicious too. Throughout the evening we had tip-top service from Lee - so no complaints at all from us.
The evening was made even more special when some of the lads from the Liverpool Ramblers team turned up and tried out the karaoke. The atmosphere was buzzing!