Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21-09-2010, 21:27

Default Somewhere special

We have booked to go to PP next May and while we are there it is my husband's 40th birthday. I want to make it really special and am looking for some inspiration. We have 2 young children who will be 2 and 4 while we are there, so it needs to be something that suits us all. I am looking for somewhere nice to eat and also some inspiration for something special to do during the day. We did stay in PP this year and a few years ago pre children, we stayed in the old town so we do know quite a few places to eat but am looking for some new inspiration. We will have a car but I won't want my husband or I to drive, but we won't mind getting a taxi somewhere. So essentially it is a really nice meal (with children) and something nice to do during the day - did think of a nice boat trip but not sure about that with my lively toddler. How about the hotel in Formentor? Anyone eaten there? Grateful for your views.........
Sponsored Links
Old 22-09-2010, 09:14

We just celebrated a big anniversary in PP and had several really lovely meals - most notably at Los Zarzales, which has a beautiful courtyard garden. I'm sure they would welcome children. In the past we've also celebrated birthdays at Stay (lovely setting) and La Llonja (also beautiful setting). Los Pescadores is also getting really good reviews - we had two super meals there and the advantage is that, if you have a table on the front terrace, the children can have a bit of a play on the beach while you eat.

I've heard, to be honest, that the hotel at Formentor has really gone downhill so I wouldn't personally go there. Had you thought about Alcudia Old Town? It's looking really lovely now - has had a lot of money spent on it, and there are some fantastic restaurants. Satyricon or Meson Dulcinea are both really good, and there's another one called, I think, Le Jardin - have never eaten there but it is really well reviewed.
Old 22-09-2010, 09:42

Kate, have to disagree about Restaurant Jardin - have posted a review on it yesterday by the way. Not really one for children to go to, nor is Satyricon, although a fabulous restaurant - will post review today if I have some time. It is difficult to combine children and restaurants in the evening, although the more Mallorcan style restaurants are perfect for that.
What about Iru along Pine Walk? A good quality restaurant, but with the bonus of having a bit of space outside for restless toddlers. Ofcourse if you are lucky enough to have toddlers who will sleep in their pushchairs, then the world is your oyster!
Old 22-09-2010, 10:36

Ah, yes - having now seen your review, Belladonna, I can only imagine what my daughters would say if I tried to get them to eat most of that! Obviously Jardin is strictly one for the adults (and adults who have already eaten before they get there!)

I actually think Satyricon would be OK for slightly older children who are prepared to try new things - but I agree, not for toddlers in the evening. We were there at lunchtime and there were other families, but not with little ones.

La Trencadora in Pollensa is very child-friendly, with a lovely outside eating area if the weather is good.
Old 22-09-2010, 23:53

Can Curassa will tick all the boxes. Beautiful setting in the garden with a swing/climbing frame for the kids discreetly hidden with a wonderful menu. Although not cheap (sister restaurant of Stay) you will love it Im sure. It has IMO everything you are looking for.