Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14-09-2010, 21:38

Default 1 week in PP (it seems ages ago now)

Arrived at lunchtime on saturday, straight off to Bahia on pinewalk for lunch, views to die for but food could have been better.
Saturday evening: Tango, always go on first night, mussels tango style, avocado prawn & prawn cocktails x 2, mains were lamb & rosemary, pork medalions in rockfort sauce & suckling pig x 2, desserts were creame catalana & ice cream with hot chocolate sauce x 3. Had bottle of house white & water, finished off with irish coffees x 2, tia maria & white coffee. A reasonable 133 euros but felt it was not quite up to usual tango standard, they were busy as they had a large wedding reception going on downstairs so that may account for it. Will be back though.

Sunday evening: O'Lume (my personnal favourite) Actually called in on saturday afternoon to book a table in the garden, Jaime asked our name, he just laughed and opened his diary and my name was already in the book, he said he reads the forum but I can't remember what I have written in the past, anyway, maybe he should be known as Psychic Jaime (could I have 6 numbers for saturdays lottery please). Anyway, the food, fish croquettes, gazpachio & grilled crayfish x 2, mains were sea bass fillets in martini sauce, pork in red wine sauce & iberico pork fillets x 2 ( I am sure Bonyslads tower of chips was bigger than mine). No desserts, but we had a bottle of house white wine & water, 2 irish coffees, 2 tia marias, 2 white coffees & 2 brandys. An excellent night as always but the highlight was meeting the infamous Mr & Mrs Bonyslad & Mr & Mrs Smiddy (do you want some of your players back).
Jaime, can you put me in the diary for next year (lets see if you can get the right dates)

Monday evening, Can Josef. Went there in may for the first time and thoroughly enjoyed it so had to return. We had some beers while perusing the menu and decided on garlic prawns x 3 & a goats cheese salad with crispy bacon. Mains were salmon ravioli, grilled salmon in cider sauce, pork in mushroom sauce & entrecote steak, desserts were strawberries & ice cream, cheeseboard x 2 & chocolate coulant with mango sorbet (heaven) All washed down with a couple of bottles of house white & water. At 160 euros it was the most expensive evening but we had the works and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Tuesday evening, Maxim. Started with garlic prawns, prawn & pineapple tower, stuffed mushrooms & veg, & chicken raviolis in curry & coconut sauce followed by fillet of salmon in champagne sauce, thai green chicken curry, warm goats cheese with crispy bacon and chicken salad & chargrilled tuna in mango, lime & ginger jus. We again had a bottle of house white wine & water. Total cost was 106 euros.

Wednesday evening, La Goleta. Only two of us had starters tonight (think all this food is taking its toll on the ladies) started with homemade chicken nuggets & mallorcan frito (doesn't do my cholestoral any good but its nice). For mains it was lamb la goleta style, chicken frostiere x 2 & grilled ostrich the ladies indulged themselves with crepes for dessert. 2 irish coffees & bottle of house white & water, all for 120 euros.

Thursday evening, Cantonet in Pollensa. This was a disappointment, we had been before and really enjoyed it. We sat on the terrace which is lovely but the food let it down. We started with asparagus cantonet style, mixed leaf goats cheese salad, tuna carpaccio & beef carpaccio. Mains were majorcan lamb with rosemary, ravioli stuffed with sobrasada & honey, special mushroom ravioli & a well done fillet steak. (We actually ordered 2 fillet steaks but they only had one left, so being a gent I offered that to my friend & I had the lamb, thankfully) The cow must have been a haemophiliac cow because went the steak came back for the second time it was still gushing blood. We had the usual wine and water but no desserts, cost was 129 euros.

Friday evening, Los Zarzales another favourite. Started with soup x 3, battered brie with fresh fruits. Mains were cod with peppered crust, 12th anniversary cod with sobrasada & honey and a fillet of sea bass. Desserts were lemon sorbet, assorted ice creams & chocolate coulant with choc mint ice cream x 2. Wine & water, all for 120 euros.

Thats the evenings taken care of but we also recommend breakfast at Joker bar, neptuno for tapas and afternoon tea at Illa Dor (at 64 euros for 4 a little OTT but the view/food etc were fantastic and we were on holiday.)

Now having to decide what is cheapest, gym membership or a few new pairs of trousers.

Highlights, being back in the place we love, good food, company, weather etc and meeting the Bonys & Smiddys.

The one low was our friend having his pocket picked at Pollensa market on the sunday morning, fortunately he had a money belt on and they didn't get anything.
Sponsored Links
Old 15-09-2010, 00:03

Thats the evenings taken care of but we also recommend breakfast at Joker bar, neptuno for tapas and afternoon tea at Illa Dor (at 64 euros for 4 a little OTT but the view/food etc were fantastic and we were on holiday.)

Impressed that you managed a cream tea each ....... we arrived as a 2, ordered cream tea for 2 and then just as it arrived the 2 guys also arrived and joined us , ordering just a coffee each ............. we then shared 2 cream teas between 4 and thought it was just enough and good value for a late lunch /early tea and even better we still had room to eat later that evening
Old 15-09-2010, 09:39

[QUOTE=Hamcas;49902

Highlights, being back in the place we love, good food, company, weather etc and meeting the Bonys & Smiddys.

[/QUOTE]

Great review , Mr & Mrs Hamcas. It was a pleasure meeting you both ( and your friends ) . Hope we see you here again , next year.

BonysLad

The Horns play the Boro next week !!! May the best teamm win !!!