Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2010, 21:43

Default By the light of the silvery Moon !!!!

Well, we'll take the high road and you take the low road and we'll be in O'Lume afore ye !!!

And so it was cos BonyLadette and I were seated and ordered a good fifteen minutes before Mr & Mrs Smiddy entered . First time back since July , for us, so really looking forward to it .

Courtyard three quarters full so good sign the place is getting the recognition it deserves .

Smiddy and I exchanged pleasantries . Well , to be precise the Footie ( in case you guys hadn't heard it was England FOUR Bulgaria nil and Lithuania nil , Scotland NIL !!!!

Anyway, let's keep on track . prawn and Iberian jamon salad saute para mi and Octopus para BLT to start , both excellent . We both followed with Iberian Pork Fillet . Veg and a little tower of real chips cooked to perfection as was the pork.

Can't tell you what the Smiddy's had but they were raving about it . We washed our's down with a good bottle of Rosados ( plus a couple of copas of vino tinto para mi ) .

Well , we then co joined for coffees and brandies and buried our differences and suceeded in rewriting the last Scottish /England Union of 1707 !!!!

What a good night . Had a Lovely chat with Mr & Mrs HAMCAS and their friends ( appreciate it was a pretty overwhelming occasion for them but they came to realise after speaking to us , that , hey , we are just a regular couple of guys !!!!

Jaime joined us to chat . We discussed Snowy's attempt at bulll running . I said I hoped he had worn the lovely bright red Tommy Hilfiger tee shirt I had sent him for the event !!!!

( Snowy, I made this bit up for a good read , your welfare was totally at the back of our minds !!!!!

But to be serious for a moment . Lovely, lovely restaurant and hard to beat for individually plated food . My bill in the mid sixties for two so great quality for the money .

Still highly recommended , you won't be disappointed if you go there.

The Smiddy's and us are booked again for next week and this time we'll both be taking the High Road !!!!!

BonysLad
Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-2010, 22:40

Wink

great review, ( but the thought of listening to footie PM's thru coffee - I hope it was only the coffee bit ? - would be a bit like listening to Radio Scotland on a saturday and a real reason to escape to PP ! lol )
That aside, food sounded great and I haven't visited the new address yet, we arrive this Saturday........ is it closed any evening, and do we have to book ( only 2 of us )

Miriam
Old 06-09-2010, 22:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by med777 View Post
great review, ( but the thought of listening to footie PM's thru coffee - I hope it was only the coffee bit ? - would be a bit like listening to Radio Scotland on a saturday and a real reason to escape to PP ! lol )
That aside, food sounded great and I haven't visited the new address yet, we arrive this Saturday........ is it closed any evening, and do we have to book ( only 2 of us )

Miriam
Miriam,

Thanks and don't believe it closes , might pay you to book though to guarantee a courtyard spot.

enjoy

BonysLad
Old 06-09-2010, 23:08

Smile

Thank you, we will do and thanks for the advice

Miriam
Old 07-09-2010, 08:55

One more sleep! YAY! Have booked the courtyard - and the fried milk. May try to go in disguise to confuse Jaime! Cant wait to get there now and see some friends - oh and Bonyslad of course! So much to do, so few days.
Old 07-09-2010, 10:05

New to this Forum but long time visitor to PP.I have eaten a number of times in the old O Lume but not in the new premises which would appear to meet the approval of most people.
The problem I found with the old O Lume was that I had difficulty in finding anything on the menu which I wanted to eat.I admit that this is just me as my wife had no problem in selecting a dish and enjoying her meal.My first question is ,therefore,has the fayre changed?
Secondly,as many people have mentioned in the past,there was usually very few diners and consequently little atmosphere and ambience in the previous premises so my second question is whether this has improved as the result of the move?
My third point is much more delicate. I am not trying to upset anyone particularly Jaime,who is apparently very popular with everyone,but it really annoyed me when he seemed to sneak up to our table,grab the wine bottle,and fill up our glasses.This occurred every time we ate there! My only thoughts were that he did this so we would order another bottle,which obviously we didn't as I was annoyed by his action.
We are coming to PP this Sunday.As a result of this posting do I have to hide!!

Last edited by Stevo66; 07-09-2010 at 10:18.
Old 07-09-2010, 11:10

We ate there 2 weeks ago & it was ok, but I hid our fine bottle of Son Prim under the table to keep his mits off.
The restaurent was only half full which is a shame because it is a very nice courtyard.
Old 07-09-2010, 11:51

I think because there are 3 different areas to the new restaurant, if you look in the front door you cannot see the other two areas where there may indeed be other customers.
Jaimies attentiveness can be a bit disconcerting, but it is done with the customer in mind I'm sure. Just be politely firm and say you dont mind pouring your own wine, and he will be fine.
Old 07-09-2010, 12:21

Lol at Cumberland.....did you really hide your bottle?

Do you just not like 'Wine Service'? All good restaurants do provide it....and, if I am in a top-end one and don't get it, I can feel quite annoyed!!
I am sure Jamie wouldn't mind if you let him know you would rather pour it yourself, especially on a really busy evening!
Old 08-09-2010, 00:08

Hear , hear Favie .

I expect my water to be poured for me as well !!!!

Far too much dropping of standards in restaurants for my liking these days .

Long may wine service continue , feel really addictive if I put my hands near a bottle to top up.

BonysLad
Old 08-09-2010, 09:42
Super Moderator

I agree, it shows what a true professional Jaime is and to say it is only done so you buy another bottle is a very cynical view. Jaime never fills your glass to the top, surely he would if he was hoping you would buy a second bottle.
Old 08-09-2010, 10:07

Surely these things are a matter of personal preference and each individual preference should be respected. Similarly with which restaurants we prefer. Sometimes I think certain restaurants are overhyped on these pages and disappoint when visited. Like others I cannot see the great attraction of O'Lume nor Zarzuelas. Wine in carafes with foil covers just seems wrong! But hey like the appreciation of art cada uno a su proprio gusto!
Old 08-09-2010, 10:33

I was not for one minute infering that Jaime was trying to flog more vino its merely the fact he was a little over zealos with the pouring , so rather than offend him I merely slid the offending bottle of Son Prim behind a cactus under the table, because if er ìndoors sees a full glass she will slosh it back quicker than he can pour it.
Out of site ,out of mind = money saved for Mr cumberland.
Old 08-09-2010, 11:30

that's the problem - the glass doesn't get filled quickly enough

Many a time I have sat there staring at an empty glass thinking "come on....I finished that one 10 seconds ago!!"
Old 08-09-2010, 11:57
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cumberland8 View Post
I was not for one minute infering that Jaime was trying to flog more vino its merely the fact he was a little over zealos with the pouring , so rather than offend him I merely slid the offending bottle of Son Prim behind a cactus under the table, because if er ìndoors sees a full glass she will slosh it back quicker than he can pour it.
Out of site ,out of mind = money saved for Mr cumberland.
LOL!!! C8, in my case Mr Sparky always feels like he has been short changed if his glass is not filled to the brim, i try to explain to him that it will get warm in his glass.......so just to prove me wrong he knocks it back like it is a "shot" ...MEN!!.