Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2010, 15:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestino View Post
Surely these things are a matter of personal preference and each individual preference should be respected. Similarly with which restaurants we prefer. Sometimes I think certain restaurants are overhyped on these pages and disappoint when visited. Like others I cannot see the great attraction of O'Lume nor Zarzuelas. Wine in carafes with foil covers just seems wrong! But hey like the appreciation of art cada uno a su proprio gusto!
Well said and stevo get your disguise ready the very thought of not liking certain establishments will get you hung drawn and quartered
Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-2010, 15:45

Hi Willy
My disguise will be dressing up as Elvis.Anyone can come to the Imperial Bar and duff me up as the result of my comments.
Stevo

Last edited by Stevo66; 08-09-2010 at 15:46. Reason: Willy spelling corrected.
Old 09-09-2010, 10:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo66 View Post
Hi Willy
My disguise will be dressing up as Elvis.Anyone can come to the Imperial Bar and duff me up as the result of my comments.
Stevo
I can see the queue forming already.
Old 14-09-2010, 10:08
Super Moderator

The disguise didn't work, i saw Stevo66 last night on his way home from dinner, it was lovely to see him and his lovely wife again we had a quick chat.
Also met Joelise for the first time, thank you for introducing yourself.
See i have told you all before i don't bite.
Old 22-09-2010, 17:28

Good old Jaime came through again!

Five of us in the courtyard on a balmy evening and excellent food and service yet again. Jaime came up and asked if he would like our wine to be poured for us or would we like him to go away!! All said with a wink and a smile of course! I did have to snap my fingers at one point though as the wine glass had been empty for more than 30 seconds!

The food as usual was delicious, but my main thought for the evening was the arrival of the famous Fried Milk. Jaime had prepared this specially for two of us, neither of us having had it before and were a little nervous that we had done the right thing ordering it after we saw the other deserts. We needn't have worried.
It came presented looking like two hash browns, surrounded with lovely slivers of fresh fruit. The texture is rather like holumi cheese, and tastes a little lemony. Very light and delicate and the effort it takes to make it is well worth it - hence it must be ordered well in advance.
I pestered Jaime for the receipe and only got it after I threatened not to write about him any more! LOL! But like all good secrets.......!

Whilst at the table I noticed a rather imposing gentleman standing by Jaime.
"You must be Belladonna" he said "Guess who I am?"
Well with that broad an accent it could only be Smiddy! Yes Mr and Mrs Smiddy sittiing at the next table - how lovely to meet them.

They disappeared inside during the evening and I thought we had missed saying goodbye, but as we finally left the courtyard, there they were very happily going through Jaimes cocktail list!

As we said our goodbyes and thank yous, Jaime turned to me and said "I'll leave the music on for you as you go this time!" LOL! What a star he is, and in the words of the great Brucie - Jaime, you're my favourite!
Old 22-09-2010, 18:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belladonna View Post

Whilst at the table I noticed a rather imposing gentleman standing by Jaime.
"You must be Belladonna" he said "Guess who I am?"
Well with that broad an accent it could only be Smiddy!
Oh for gawd's sake, Bella, stop crawling !!!

It's more than flesh and blood can stand !!!!

BonysLad
Old 22-09-2010, 19:09

Oh honestly BL, I'm only trying to divert suspicion away from you!
Old 24-09-2010, 11:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonysLad View Post
Oh for gawd's sake, Bella, stop crawling !!!

It's more than flesh and blood can stand !!!!

BonysLad
Belladona, Ignore the young wippersnapper! It was lovely to meet you and your party. I would never have left without saying cheerio, nor would i have drank one of Jaimes "TNTs" if he'd told me what they contained
Old 24-09-2010, 18:53

Bella glad to see you are converted to a O'lumie.
Old 24-09-2010, 21:04

i was surprised at how easy it was once I gave in!
Old 24-09-2010, 21:16

I am too Snowy!! Went to O Lume on our last night with BL and Bonysladette and had a lovely evening in the courtyard. Luckily the weather had improved from the previous evening and the tables were set up in the courtyard. It was packed to the rafters and the atmosphere was so different to Jaimes previous restauarant. Aperitifs were ordered as we perused the menu and after changing my mind half a dozen times as to what to have I chose the gazpacho with avocado to start and the half T bone steak for my main course. After not eating bread for neary 3 weeks I succumbed to the delicious warm roll with flavoured butters while I had the amuse of russian style salad. The gazpacho was lovely and spicy and the 'floating' avocado made a tasty addition. When the T bone arrived it looked moist, succulent ...and huge!! It didn't disappoint and melted in the mouth and I manage to eat it all AND the gorgeous chunky chips too! BL told me that snowy had had the entire T Bone...I salute you sir, how did you manage that??!!!
I couldn't manage dessert but over coffee i managed two ( or was it three) of the chocolates Chels (obviously) had room for a pud so went for the crepes and ice cream which he declared delicious.

We will certainly be returning when we go back to 'lock up shop' in a couple of weeks!

Thank you BL and Mrs BL for a wonderful evening, and Jaime thanks for your advice about my vine. I will avoid the full moon and hopefully have a yield of grapes next year
Old 24-09-2010, 21:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiddy View Post
Belladona, Ignore the young wippersnapper! It was lovely to meet you and your party. I would never have left without saying cheerio, nor would i have drank one of Jaimes "TNTs" if he'd told me what they contained
You willl have to make up a few separate sheets to add to his cocktail list explaining all the ingredients Smiddy - heaven forbid we should mix too many spirits on one evening!
Old 25-09-2010, 12:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by debz1 View Post

Thank you BL and Mrs BL for a wonderful evening, and Jaime thanks for your advice about my vine. I will avoid the full moon and hopefully have a yield of grapes next year
Debs,

You'll have to join me cos they lock me up every full moon !!!

Thanks for your kind words , my privilege just spreading happiness and joy wherever I go !!!!

BonysLad
Old 25-09-2010, 23:17

Come on you horns